Site Admin

Re: IdiotBox Effects Sale.

Post by WhiskeyJack »

:spacepalm:

:happytrees:
Tadpui

Post by Tadpui »

Wow @WhiskeyJack. In the US (and probably elsewhere), the postal service has a nickname of "snail mail" since the advent of e-mail. I think the customs office in Canada is trying their best to take that unofficial title away from us!

I'm entertained by the thought of an item being "presented" for review. I imagine it like an item coming up for bid on The Price Is Right, where a model waves her hands around the item as an announcer recites its ad copy to the review board members.
Greg_L

Post by Greg_L »

Cmon Canada...

Rebel Yell
WhiskeyJack
Site Admin

Post by WhiskeyJack »

Tadpui wrote: Thu Sep 02, 2021 12:51 pm Wow @WhiskeyJack. In the US (and probably elsewhere), the postal service has a nickname of "snail mail" since the advent of e-mail. I think the customs office in Canada is trying their best to take that unofficial title away from us!

I'm entertained by the thought of an item being "presented" for review. I imagine it like an item coming up for bid on The Price Is Right, where a model waves her hands around the item as an announcer recites its ad copy to the review board members.
HAHA!!! Who knows what they are doing. I know better than to expect anything coming through customs to be speedy. I had a couple vinyl records tied up there for over 2.5 weeks earlier this year. So stupid.
Greg_L

Post by Greg_L »

The mail makes no sense. I recently ordered two amp parts on the same day. One was coming from Dallas...just five hours up the road. The other coming from Pittsburgh...something like 1400 miles away.

The shit from Pittsburgh got here two days faster than the shit from Dallas.
Rebel Yell
WhiskeyJack
Site Admin

Post by WhiskeyJack »

AwwwwwwwwwwwwwwYisssssssssssssssssssssss

Boat friggin thyme, eh lads !?!

Tall can of DeathWave for scale on the no moon. Gonna get the bassrig together and get some samples hucked together. ImageImageImageImageImageImage
Tadpui

Post by Tadpui »

I love the Swanson just for the image on it. Even if it sounds terrible, I'd keep it just for the giggles :)

What the heck is the Death Star thing? 3 fuzz boxes in one pedal or something? That thing is massive!
WhiskeyJack
Site Admin

Post by WhiskeyJack »

Tadpui wrote: Wed Sep 08, 2021 12:47 am I love the Swanson just for the image on it. Even if it sounds terrible, I'd keep it just for the giggles :)

What the heck is the Death Star thing? 3 fuzz boxes in one pedal or something? That thing is massive!
Haha. Yea. I am a nick offerman fan. It was a no brainer might be a fun pedal for when i get those doomy sludgey riffing moods but other than not much use for it kther than fan boy stuff.

Ok, so the no moon has clone circuits of a ratt, a big muff and a tube screamer all run in parallel in one enclosure. Its just going to be big ugly nasty mess of gain and dirt. Ive always wanted a ratt and a tube screamer and this might get me close. I like tjis sort of thing for bass and again for those instances when i wanna riff some doomy stoner sludgey rock kinda riffs. I may go back and see how it sounds on that stuff i did for rec challenge #7. It would be cool on stuff like that. Ill have tones up soon. 👍👍
Lt. Bob

Post by Lt. Bob »

man those look awesome!

that does it ...... I'ma orderin' something ...............
WhiskeyJack
Site Admin

Post by WhiskeyJack »

Lt. Bob wrote: Wed Sep 08, 2021 1:49 am man those look awesome!

They have lots of fun stuff Lt. I am sure you'll find something that tickles your funny bone.
WhiskeyJack
Site Admin

Post by WhiskeyJack »

Just reporting in, i have been futzing around on my little stupid blackstar practice amp and these are fun. really fun. The Ron Swanson fuzz pedal is a delight. I mean fuzz is whatever, i have one other fuzz pedal and this Ron Swanson pedal is just over the top fuzz fuckery in comparison to my dragonfly fuzz.

You'll note in the photo above that the led is void on the Swanson! For whatever reason it wasn't fastened in it's home. I opened it up and popped it back into place and all is right. not worth wingeing over. I might send a quick note off to Matt and let him know so he can check other units out to make sure it doesn't happen to someone else but other than that it is cool.

The no moon is just stupid good. I can't wait to get this cooking in my big amps tomorrow. The tube screamer circuit on it with the Han Taun in front of it for a bit of jam make this little practice amp sound deadly. I am still kind of mucking about with it. this could be a power house in the hands of the right player. I'm just making noise and tripping out over it.

Hard to tell how cool it is on my bass as i am just on this little plastic practice amp. But tomorrow i'll throw a few more watts into the math and see what comes of it.

These were worth the wait.
JD01

Post by JD01 »

That's great Shan... hold on a minute... you're not gonna record something are you?
Greg_L

Post by Greg_L »

That's pretty cool. I'm wondering how they skirt the trademark infringements. Not that I care. I'm just curious. Death Star? Ron Swanson? Maybe it falls under satire and is safe to use?
Rebel Yell
Lt. Bob

Post by Lt. Bob »

WhiskeyJack wrote: Wed Sep 08, 2021 2:47 am
Lt. Bob wrote: Wed Sep 08, 2021 1:49 am man those look awesome!

They have lots of fun stuff Lt. I am sure you'll find something that tickles your funny bone.
well ..... not necessarily from them ..... lol, I have plenty of fuzzes .......
vomitHatSteve

Post by vomitHatSteve »

Lt. Bob wrote: Wed Sep 08, 2021 11:27 am
WhiskeyJack wrote: Wed Sep 08, 2021 2:47 am

well ..... not necessarily from them ..... lol, I have plenty of fuzzes .......
Me too, but that has never stopped me from coveting more!
Lt. Bob

Post by Lt. Bob »

vomitHatSteve wrote: Wed Sep 08, 2021 12:06 pm
Lt. Bob wrote: Wed Sep 08, 2021 11:27 am well ..... not necessarily from them ..... lol, I have plenty of fuzzes .......
Me too, but that has never stopped me from coveting more!
well sure, I do covet pretty much everything but I'm mostly into stuff I can use live and a lot of these things that are described as "take your sound in unusual directions" and "be inspired by its quirkiness" aren't particularly useful in a playing situation and for me that matters since that's my primary usage.

I can't see having a fuzz that would make me think, "Oh ...... I'd use that a lot" so the ones I have are enough and I do have a vintage Foxx Tone Machine and a few others so I'm covered.

Plus I have around 100 pedals so at some point I have to stop just buying more stuff that's gonna just sit there.

But after posting that i did order a Catlinbread Echorec.

Last edited by Lt. Bob on Wed Sep 08, 2021 12:27 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Greg_L

Post by Greg_L »

I know The Rat is highly regarded in pedal world as a distortion pedal but I've always thought it sounded more like a fuzz than an OD/Dist pedal. They can get pretty nasty.
Rebel Yell
WhiskeyJack
Site Admin

Post by WhiskeyJack »

Greg_L wrote: Wed Sep 08, 2021 10:33 am That's pretty cool. I'm wondering how they skirt the trademark infringements. Not that I care. I'm just curious. Death Star? Ron Swanson? Maybe it falls under satire and is safe to use?
I would guess they'd have to be flying pretty heavily under the radar. I am honestly a little surprised the Disney Gestapo hasn't issued a C&D to them. And they may have already they had a few run ins perhaps? Some of their other star wars branded pedals i don't see available any more and aren't even mentioned. They were actual names of robots from the movies so maybe a bit of an easier mark for Disney's Secret Service?
vomitHatSteve

Post by vomitHatSteve »

Weren't they selling the droid pedals before Disney acquired Star Wars?
WhiskeyJack
Site Admin

Post by WhiskeyJack »

vomitHatSteve wrote: Thu Sep 09, 2021 11:18 am Weren't they selling the droid pedals before Disney acquired Star Wars?
I want to say yes but i'd have to dig and fact check to be certain.

Regardless a handful of them just don't exist anymore outside of reverb and second hand outfits.