Bill L

Re: IdiotBox Effects Sale.

Post by Bill L »

Oops, messed up the quote thing.
WhiskeyJack
Site Admin

Post by WhiskeyJack »

Bill L wrote: Fri Jul 16, 2021 11:44 am I just pulled the trigger on the Han Taun, Repo Man (overdrive and echo) and No Moon (Rat, Tube Screamer and Big Muff in 1 pedal). All for $384. Thankfully I have a ton of gigs coming up to pay for this stuff. Two weeks can't come fast enough.
Have you gotten any kind of correspondence from them letting you know if they have shipped your stuff or not? I looked through my mail and all i really see is the confirmation of payment.
:happytrees:
Bill L

Post by Bill L »

WhiskeyJack wrote: Mon Aug 09, 2021 12:08 pm
Bill L wrote: Fri Jul 16, 2021 11:44 am I just pulled the trigger on the Han Taun, Repo Man (overdrive and echo) and No Moon (Rat, Tube Screamer and Big Muff in 1 pedal). All for $384. Thankfully I have a ton of gigs coming up to pay for this stuff. Two weeks can't come fast enough.
Have you gotten any kind of correspondence from them letting you know if they have shipped your stuff or not? I looked through my mail and all i really see is the confirmation of payment.
I haven't seen anything yet. No email and no communication. I'll probably give them until the end of next week before I send them an email. I'm not in any huge rush but I obviously want them.
WhiskeyJack
Site Admin

Post by WhiskeyJack »

Bill L wrote: Mon Aug 09, 2021 12:20 pm
WhiskeyJack wrote: Mon Aug 09, 2021 12:08 pm

I haven't seen anything yet. No email and no communication. I'll probably give them until the end of next week before I send them an email. I'm not in any huge rush but I obviously want them.
Same. I'll leave it in your capable hands. I know he get's super busy during those sales so i sort of expected this but I figured we'd have heard something.
WhiskeyJack
Site Admin

Post by WhiskeyJack »

My order shipped yesterday @Bill L
Bill L

Post by Bill L »

WhiskeyJack wrote: Fri Aug 20, 2021 1:06 pm My order shipped yesterday @Bill L
Excellent! I still haven't heard anything but since you have I'll wait another week or two before I bother him. But I have to say, I can't wait to fool around with these pedals.
JD01

Post by JD01 »

Bill L wrote: Mon Aug 23, 2021 2:21 pm But I have to say, I can't wait to fool around with these pedals.
I really love my IdiotBox. Its really central to my guitar sound.
Bill L

Post by Bill L »

Good news! Just an email saying they will be in the post later today. So hopefully by Monday or Tuesday I'll have some new crap to try out.

:metal: :guitarhero:
WhiskeyJack
Site Admin

Post by WhiskeyJack »

Bill L wrote: Wed Aug 25, 2021 12:50 pm Good news! Just an email saying they will be in the post later today. So hopefully by Monday or Tuesday I'll have some new crap to try out.

:metal: :guitarhero:
AWESOME!!!!!

My shits been stuck in Chicargo since Saturday.🙄
Bill L

Post by Bill L »

So I got home from work on Friday and my pedals were there already. Unfortunately, I was on my way to a wedding in Boston. When I got home, I noodled around a bit. When I got home from work on Saturday, I noodled some more. Not through the amp (speakers, I used the Ox Box) but through my studio monitors. Decided to bring them to my gig today. The Han Taun is amazing (for what I do). I didn't bother using the No Moon because I just didn't need to. It will fit in well with a new project I just joined and it does sound great but the Han Taun into my Princeton with my SG was heavenly. All 3 of the pedals are solidly built and well worth the money. The Repo Man delay, sadly, is not something I think I can use. I'll continue to experiment with it, but I'll probably sell it. The others, however, will see heavy use.

Tl;dr
Great pedals and well worth the money.

Did yours come in yet, @WhiskeyJack?
JD01

Post by JD01 »

20210820_111832.jpg
Excellent! Glad you like the Han Taun! I love mine.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
WhiskeyJack
Site Admin

Post by WhiskeyJack »

Bill L wrote: Sun Aug 29, 2021 9:53 pm So I got home from work on Friday and my pedals were there already. Unfortunately, I was on my way to a wedding in Boston. When I got home, I noodled around a bit. When I got home from work on Saturday, I noodled some more. Not through the amp (speakers, I used the Ox Box) but through my studio monitors. Decided to bring them to my gig today. The Han Taun is amazing (for what I do). I didn't bother using the No Moon because I just didn't need to. It will fit in well with a new project I just joined and it does sound great but the Han Taun into my Princeton with my SG was heavenly. All 3 of the pedals are solidly built and well worth the money. The Repo Man delay, sadly, is not something I think I can use. I'll continue to experiment with it, but I'll probably sell it. The others, however, will see heavy use.

Tl;dr
Great pedals and well worth the money.

Did yours come in yet, @WhiskeyJack?
Nice!! Great review of the HanTaun. I love mine too. I'd be lost with out. gives me just the littlest bit of extra grunt out of my guits into the AD30.

Unfortunately No, my order has been jammed up in Mississauga, Ontario now since last Tuesday night. I suspect I still have to wait another week. Maybe two. We shall see.
Greg_L

Post by Greg_L »

WhiskeyJack wrote: Mon Aug 30, 2021 11:49 am

Unfortunately No, my order has been jammed up in Mississauga, Ontario now since last Tuesday night. I suspect I still have to wait another week. Maybe two. We shall see.
Rebel Yell
Tadpui

Post by Tadpui »

I had to look up the Han Taun to see what it did. I see that it's a Klon clone. I have to agree, my Klon clone (Wampler Tumnus) has quickly become my favorite pedal. I pretty much always have it on. It just makes any amp...more. Just a little extra sensitivity and saturation, but no additional color. That's about as well as I can state it. It's a great circuit.

@JD01 it looks like your pedal board is pretty filled out at this point!
WhiskeyJack
Site Admin

Post by WhiskeyJack »

Greg_L wrote: Mon Aug 30, 2021 12:11 pm
WhiskeyJack wrote: Mon Aug 30, 2021 11:49 am

Fuckin' Degens up to Canada Post. They are all up country in Mississauga. :dislike:
Greg_L

Post by Greg_L »

WhiskeyJack wrote: Mon Aug 30, 2021 1:05 pm

Fuckin' Degens up to Canada Post. They are all up country in Mississauga. :dislike:
Spare parts bud.
Rebel Yell
WhiskeyJack
Site Admin

Post by WhiskeyJack »

Tadpui wrote: Mon Aug 30, 2021 12:29 pm I had to look up the Han Taun to see what it did. I see that it's a Klon clone. I have to agree, my Klon clone (Wampler Tumnus) has quickly become my favorite pedal. I pretty much always have it on. It just makes any amp...more. Just a little extra sensitivity and saturation, but no additional color. That's about as well as I can state it. It's a great circuit.

nice! I had looked at Wampler when i was on the hunt for a decent Klon clone. I had watched a demo where these dudes did a shootout of like, 10 or 12 Klon wanna be's and despite the extra little bit of bottom end and warmth the HanTaun introduced when you started added some gain to it, i couldn't resist the gimmick of idiotbox and his seemingly hands on made to order approach. I liked that.

My personal runner up was the Ceriatone Klone followed by the Wampler.

I tried to do a shootout here on the fourms of the boosts and overdrives i owned in another thread somewhere to see which colored the signal at signal unity the most but i think i missed the mark with my approach and just left it. At the end of the day my signal chain is For all my guitars except my Kit telecaster i have a TC Spark in front of the HanTaun for a little bit of extra sparkle and then for the tele i put the spark behind the hantaun. It may do nothing at all in theory but my ears hear a difference and tame some of the tele high end a bit.
JD01

Post by JD01 »

Tadpui wrote: Mon Aug 30, 2021 12:29 pm I had to look up the Han Taun to see what it did. I see that it's a Klon clone. I have to agree, my Klon clone (Wampler Tumnus) has quickly become my favorite pedal. I pretty much always have it on. It just makes any amp...more. Just a little extra sensitivity and saturation, but no additional color. That's about as well as I can state it. It's a great circuit.

Yeah - the flanger is now integrated into the board properly too. I think its after the phaser. I don't really care that much about the order or the modulations - I'm very unlikely to be using more than one of the phaser, flanger and chorus at the same time.

Yeah - the Han Taun is just a Klone, but its a good one. I'd looked up a few and decided that I wanted one, to be honest, most of them sounded good and I was deciding between things like the Archer, Tumnes and a few that actually market themselves as Klon Clones like the Ryra... but then the Han Taun came up with the discount on it.
Tadpui

Post by Tadpui »

JD01 wrote: Tue Aug 31, 2021 5:46 am Yeah - the Han Taun is just a Klone, but its a good one. I'd looked up a few and decided that I wanted one, to be honest, most of them sounded good and I was deciding between things like the Archer, Tumnes and a few that actually market themselves as Klon Clones like the Ryra... but then the Han Taun came up with the discount on it.
Agreed, when I watched a few shootouts against the original, pretty much all of them sounded good. One or two of them were indistinguishable from the original. Although I'm not the best critical listener. But there doesn't seem to be much of a bad choice in the bunch.
JD01

Post by JD01 »

Tadpui wrote: Tue Aug 31, 2021 10:29 am
JD01 wrote: Tue Aug 31, 2021 5:46 am Yeah - the Han Taun is just a Klone, but its a good one. I'd looked up a few and decided that I wanted one, to be honest, most of them sounded good and I was deciding between things like the Archer, Tumnes and a few that actually market themselves as Klon Clones like the Ryra... but then the Han Taun came up with the discount on it.
Agreed, when I watched a few shootouts against the original, pretty much all of them sounded good. One or two of them were indistinguishable from the original. Although I'm not the best critical listener. But there doesn't seem to be much of a bad choice in the bunch.
Yeah, in all of the many comparisons that I watched the only one that sounded significantly worse was the Soul Food, but then that was actually significantly cheaper too.