GOd Dammit, if it isn't one thing

This should be self explanatory.
WhiskeyJack
Site Admin

Re: GOd Dammit, if it isn't one thing

Post by WhiskeyJack »

vomitHatSteve wrote: Tue Apr 09, 2019 12:12 pm All your data storage is on a different disk?

At least swapping out your system drive and rebuilding the OS isn't the end of the world. It's a hassle, but it's a straight forward-enough problem.
Yep. I think that's what i am going to do. I am doing some more investigating into the free windows 10. I hear it can still be done so that is what i think i will do. just got all out update.
:happytrees:
WhiskeyJack
Site Admin

Post by WhiskeyJack »

musicturtle wrote: Mon Apr 08, 2019 9:21 pm
Greg_L wrote: Sun Apr 07, 2019 6:34 pm

No, stay upbeat. This is just a hiccup. All those good things still exist.
This 1000x

Keep at it. I wanna hear it.
Yes i will. I was in a foul mood Sunday and was really bummed out about all this. I will get back on it as soon as i can. it'll get done.
vomitHatSteve

Post by vomitHatSteve »

WhiskeyJack wrote: Tue Apr 09, 2019 12:44 pm
vomitHatSteve wrote: Tue Apr 09, 2019 12:12 pm All your data storage is on a different disk?

At least swapping out your system drive and rebuilding the OS isn't the end of the world. It's a hassle, but it's a straight forward-enough problem.
Yep. I think that's what i am going to do. I am doing some more investigating into the free windows 10. I hear it can still be done so that is what i think i will do. just got all out update.
Cool. I don't think they'll send you installation media, but hopefully if you overwrite your disk, it'll fix whatever bad sectors.
WhiskeyJack
Site Admin

Post by WhiskeyJack »

vomitHatSteve wrote: Wed Apr 10, 2019 12:39 pm Cool. I don't think they'll send you installation media, but hopefully if you overwrite your disk, it'll fix whatever bad sectors.
I am thinking that has got to be it.

I have been back and forth with kingston on twitter and it sounds like the firmware upgrade link tad gave me was from an archived version of the site and they provided me with a new link and stuff. The release notes appear to be the exact same as the ones on the archived site but i guess we will see tonight when i get home tonight.
WhiskeyJack
Site Admin

Post by WhiskeyJack »

UPDATE: Officially throwing caution to the wind. I want to finish my cover.

nothing i have done is working to fix this error. Oddly though everything is working perfectly normal? only thing is that cursed pop up error and the message on the boot screen. Did a virus scan and my system is squeaky clean.

I am saying fuck it and i am going to drive this comp in the ground. All the really important stuff is backed up so whatever.