QWERTY Keyboard in Reaper for use with EZD

General recording topics.
WhiskeyJack
Site Admin

QWERTY Keyboard in Reaper for use with EZD

Post by WhiskeyJack »

Finally came across a solution to a problem i have hated with EZD for a while now. Maybe it is old news for some of you but having to use the mouse in the 'tap 2 find' feature one piece of the kit at a time is just dumb. This guy has got it sorted and shared his video on the toontrack site recently.

Definitely go by his youtube and show him some love. So simple it hurts by the looks of things.

[BBvideo=560,315]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UvhuEn0IFPY[/BBvideo]

:like:
:happytrees:
vomitHatSteve

Re: QWERTY Keyboard in Reaper for use with EZD

Post by vomitHatSteve »

Gah! Pop filter my dude!

I'm a little lost. How did he actually route things to make it work?
WhiskeyJack
Site Admin

Re: QWERTY Keyboard in Reaper for use with EZD

Post by WhiskeyJack »

vomitHatSteve wrote: Sun Mar 31, 2019 3:17 pm Gah! Pop filter my dude!

I'm a little lost. How did he actually route things to make it work?
Not sure? I just followed along with his video and i was off to the races? :confused: If i were to guess, how ever EZD defaults it routing to your midi map to place and edit your midi, that routing works on reapers ATB+B keyboard. The only thing that confused me is by default when my (ALT+b) virtual keyboard popped up it had C4 as the centered note. Thus i had no kick drum for tapping. In the video his kick drum was C2, so i just kept right clicking keys in the virtual keyboard until i found C2 so i had a kick sample to trigger. All the querty key labels on the ALT+B board stayed right where they were as i moved through it.

Not sure what wizardry is behind all that.
:happytrees: