Renometer Tweak

Swapping out speakers in cab -OR- putting a hammer though your Line6 Spider? Tell us about it.
rayc

Renometer Tweak

Post by rayc »

After owning it for at least 20 years and coping with the poor battery wiring fix a previous owner did I've sent my Renometer No93 to a tech to be modded to something more reliable than 2 x 9v battery.
The tech, (not the one who modded my Superbass - he's too far away and I'm still miffed at that job), has received it, (sent via mail), and has told me that "The Renometer requires a voltage inverter to give it dual rail..."
I suppose this is related to the fact that it had the two 9v batteries.
I don't really know or understand BUT the new, non battery, power supply ought to make the thing easier to use and more reliable.
I could use it as EQ, Boost or High Boost as well as any combo of the three.
I've not used it much because it's been temperamental due to the battery wiring.
I look forward to a newer old toy.
Cheers
rayc
Greg_L

Re: Renometer Tweak

Post by Greg_L »

rayc wrote: Wed Mar 06, 2019 4:46 am After owning it for at least 20 years and coping with the poor battery wiring fix a previous owner did I've sent my Renometer No93 to a tech to be modded to something more reliable than 2 x 9v battery.
The tech, (not the one who modded my Superbass - he's too far away and I'm still miffed at that job), has received it, (sent via mail), and has told me that "The Renometer requires a voltage inverter to give it dual rail..."
I suppose this is related to the fact that it had the two 9v batteries.
I don't really know or understand BUT the new, non battery, power supply ought to make the thing easier to use and more reliable.
I could use it as EQ, Boost or High Boost as well as any combo of the three.
I've not used it much because it's been temperamental due to the battery wiring.
I look forward to a newer old toy.
18v power supplies are fairly common so that mod should go pretty smoothly.
Rebel Yell