Free Channel Strip VST

General recording topics.
musicturtle

Free Channel Strip VST

Post by musicturtle »

Looks interesting it's free until 2/14/19
Ceil+2018+teaser+004.png
http://acustica-audio.com/pages/special ... audio-ceil
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
rayc

Re: Free Channel Strip VST

Post by rayc »

Looking now - thanks Tony.
Cheers
rayc
CrowsofFritz

Post by CrowsofFritz »

What do they mean by free? Like the usage is free until the 14th? Or the opportunity to download it for free (permanently) is until the 14th?
“Naaaaaaaaaah man. I ain’t touching that mic. That thing’s expensive!”
musicturtle

Post by musicturtle »

Pretty sure if you download by the date it is yours
vomitHatSteve

Post by vomitHatSteve »

*Ceil (AU, VST, VST2, AAX) is a commercial plugin that is released as a free Christmas Gift for everyone until February 14, 2019. In order to obtain Ceil for free and use it on your system, you will need to download Aquarius, our download manager, log in to Aquarius using your User Email and Password, download the plugin in the desired format and authorize it by February 14, 2019 - 11:59 p.m Italian time. After this date, your free copy of Ceil will be automatically turned into a commercial version at no cost. Starting February 15, 2019, Ceil will have a cost of €99 (VAT incl.). Like all commercial Acustica Audio plugins, a 30-day, fully functional trial will be available for download to let you evaluate it before purchase. Failing to authorize the plugin before the end of the promotion will invalidate your license and it will not be possible to keep using Ceil for free. By registering an account and downloading Aquarius, you are automatically subscribed to our Aquarius backend services. Therefore, you are accepting our GDPR Policy and agree to our Terms of Service, which include receiving periodical promotions, commercial communications and occasional discount coupons. You can of course unsubscribe from our services at any moment by clicking the dedicated link in the communications you will be receiving.
What I'm not entirely sure of is... what does this thing do?
CrowsofFritz

Post by CrowsofFritz »

vomitHatSteve wrote: Sun Feb 10, 2019 11:57 pm
*Ceil (AU, VST, VST2, AAX) is a commercial plugin that is released as a free Christmas Gift for everyone until February 14, 2019. In order to obtain Ceil for free and use it on your system, you will need to download Aquarius, our download manager, log in to Aquarius using your User Email and Password, download the plugin in the desired format and authorize it by February 14, 2019 - 11:59 p.m Italian time. After this date, your free copy of Ceil will be automatically turned into a commercial version at no cost. Starting February 15, 2019, Ceil will have a cost of €99 (VAT incl.). Like all commercial Acustica Audio plugins, a 30-day, fully functional trial will be available for download to let you evaluate it before purchase. Failing to authorize the plugin before the end of the promotion will invalidate your license and it will not be possible to keep using Ceil for free. By registering an account and downloading Aquarius, you are automatically subscribed to our Aquarius backend services. Therefore, you are accepting our GDPR Policy and agree to our Terms of Service, which include receiving periodical promotions, commercial communications and occasional discount coupons. You can of course unsubscribe from our services at any moment by clicking the dedicated link in the communications you will be receiving.
What I'm not entirely sure of is... what does this thing do?
Just from the image of the plugin itself, it looks like an EQ, compressor, and a panner.
Greg_L

Post by Greg_L »

Seems like a lot of hoops to jump through just to get it?
Rebel Yell
CrowsofFritz

Post by CrowsofFritz »

Greg_L wrote: Mon Feb 11, 2019 8:43 am Seems like a lot of hoops to jump through just to get it?
I’ll download it myself today or tomorrow and see, but it doesn’t look like too many hoops for something that costs $100. The question for me is if it’s even worth that $100.

I generally don’t even use external plugs because my stock ones do the job for me.
Greg_L

Post by Greg_L »

CrowsofFritz wrote: Mon Feb 11, 2019 12:21 pm

I’ll download it myself today or tomorrow and see, but it doesn’t look like too many hoops for something that costs $100. The question for me is if it’s even worth that $100.

I generally don’t even use external plugs because my stock ones do the job for me.
I had to register an email and then download some package installer thing and then it's not available offline and then I couldn't find it anyway and then I just deleted all of it.
Rebel Yell
Armistice

Post by Armistice »

Greg_L wrote: Mon Feb 11, 2019 12:27 pm
CrowsofFritz wrote: Mon Feb 11, 2019 12:21 pm

I had to register an email and then download some package installer thing and then it's not available offline and then I couldn't find it anyway and then I just deleted all of it.
Yeah - I read the instructions about the installer bit, and decided I didn't really need a free channel strip... :eep:
rayc

Post by rayc »

Greg_L wrote: Mon Feb 11, 2019 12:27 pm and then it's not available offline ...
That gets me often. If I can't "validate" or "register" offline then I'm snookered.
Cheers
rayc