MuttPuppers promo video song challenge.

More bark, more bite, more licks for your tone. Get your custom wound pickups from "Mutt's dog house", our resident hound and luthier extraordinaire...

Moderator: muttley

muttley

MuttPuppers promo video song challenge.

Post by muttley »

Just throwing this out there...

Ive just met with the guy that is lining up a lot of the prelaunch stuff with me and we chatted about a short promo video for the website a social media, you know the sort of thing. He thought it would be really good if we could have a collab soundtrack done by you guys featuring the pickups you guys have.

It would be around the three minute mark and the rest is open to discussion. Anyone interested?
JD01

Re: MuttPuppers promo video song challenge.

Post by JD01 »

Yeah - I was planning on doing something like this for you when I get chance anyway... when I get chance... hmmm.

Just to confirm:
My neck pickup is called Muttbucker and my bridge pickup is called JDbucker? Or is it the other way around?
muttley

Post by muttley »

JD01 wrote: Thu Jan 31, 2019 11:46 am Yeah - I was planning on doing something like this for you when I get chance anyway... when I get chance... hmmm.

Just to confirm:
My neck pickup is called Muttbucker and my bridge pickup is called JDbucker? Or is it the other way around?
I'll have to check my notes and remember which way round we did it. In any case, in the new Rebel Range of pickups we are launching that pup has gotten the moniker "HoneyBadger"....
Greg_L

Post by Greg_L »

I'm happy to contribute in any way I can, but I'm not getting into any contests or anything.
Rebel Yell
Bill L

Post by Bill L »

I'm happy to help in any way I can.
muttley

Post by muttley »

Greg_L wrote: Thu Jan 31, 2019 1:13 pm I'm happy to contribute in any way I can, but I'm not getting into any contests or anything.
It wouldnt be a contest. A collab would be the way to go.. A simple 12, 33 bar riff, that repeats a few times and some lead over the top with bass and drums.. I would want as many contributions as practicality allows and as usual would want to credit everyone. I couls ask one of you to do it, but to my mind that wouldnt be fair unless I was doing a dozen videos.
muttley

Post by muttley »

Bill L wrote: Thu Jan 31, 2019 2:10 pm I'm happy to help in any way I can.
Cheers man lets see who's in then we can plan the thing and who wants what.. :coolstorybro:
Greg_L

Post by Greg_L »

Oh okay, yeah I'll do a collab for sure.
Rebel Yell
Minerman

Post by Minerman »

I'd be up for that, the 12 bar thing is right up my alley to be honest...

[BBvideo=560,315]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CUZjwhaRNsQ[/BBvideo]
Gibson, Fender, Ibanez, Jackson
Ceriatone, Marshall, EVH
TC Electronic, MXR, Yamaha

My music @ Reverbnation :minernuggs:
WhiskeyJack
Site Admin

Post by WhiskeyJack »

Minerman wrote: Thu Jan 31, 2019 3:38 pm I'd be up for that, the 12 bar thing is right up my alley to be honest...

What karate kid movie is this from miner?
:happytrees:
Bill L

Post by Bill L »

WhiskeyJack wrote: Thu Jan 31, 2019 4:56 pm
Minerman wrote: Thu Jan 31, 2019 3:38 pm I'd be up for that, the 12 bar thing is right up my alley to be honest...

What karate kid movie is this from miner?
:lollers2:

That's from Black Snake Moan. Not a great movie but Christina Ricci is scantily clad through the whole movie. So there's that.

:illdrinktothat:
muttley

Post by muttley »

muttley wrote: Thu Jan 31, 2019 2:49 pm
Greg_L wrote: Thu Jan 31, 2019 1:13 pm I'm happy to contribute in any way I can, but I'm not getting into any contests or anything.
It wouldnt be a contest. A collab would be the way to go.. A simple 12, 33 bar riff, that repeats a few times and some lead over the top with bass and drums.. I would want as many contributions as practicality allows and as usual would want to credit everyone. I couls ask one of you to do it, but to my mind that wouldnt be fair unless I was doing a dozen videos.
lol@ 33 bar... :lollers2:
muttley

Post by muttley »

OK so how would you guys like to go about this? Pick a style, pick a groove? We need to start with ideas I guess. Unless anyone has the basics of an idea already down that others can play with?

I dont really mind what the genre or groove, I just want it to feature you guys and the pups. Other than that I'm easy...
Minerman

Post by Minerman »

Bill L wrote: Thu Jan 31, 2019 4:59 pm That's from Black Snake Moan. Not a great movie but Christina Ricci is scantily clad through the whole movie. So there's that.
Sorry Bill, this is "Crossroads" dude... :smiles:
WhiskeyJack wrote: Thu Jan 31, 2019 4:56 pm What karate kid movie is this from miner?
Crossroads, from 1986...Ry Cooder on the slide & Steve Vai at the end...If you ain't seen this I highly recommend Shan...This movie is a big reason I started playing slide...Of course it's got it's 80's cheesy moments & all, but it's one of my favorite movies, ever...
Ceriatone, Marshall, EVH

Bill L

Post by Bill L »

Minerman wrote: Thu Jan 31, 2019 5:49 pm
Bill L wrote: Thu Jan 31, 2019 4:59 pm That's from Black Snake Moan. Not a great movie but Christina Ricci is scantily clad through the whole movie. So there's that.
Sorry Bill, this is "Crossroads" dude... :smiles:
WhiskeyJack wrote: Thu Jan 31, 2019 4:56 pm What karate kid movie is this from miner?
Crossroads, from 1986...Ry Cooder on the slide & Steve Vai at the end...If you ain't seen this I highly recommend Shan...This movie is a big reason I started playing slide...Of course it's got it's 80's cheesy moments & all, but it's one of my favorite movies, ever...
That's exactly what Samuel L Jackson looks like in Black Snake Moan. My bad.
Minerman

Post by Minerman »

Bill L wrote: Thu Jan 31, 2019 5:53 pm That's exactly what Samuel L Jackson looks like in Black Snake Moan. My bad.
No biggie brother... :like: :minernuggs:
Ceriatone, Marshall, EVH

Bill L

Post by Bill L »

But it was a good excuse to mention that Christina Ricci is half naked through most of the movie.

Btw, I love the head cutting scene at the end of Crossroads. Ry Cooder is a genius. The soundtrack from this movie is really good too.
WhiskeyJack
Site Admin

Post by WhiskeyJack »

Bill L wrote: Thu Jan 31, 2019 4:59 pm Not a great movie but Christina Ricci is scantily clad through the whole movie. So there's that.
my man.

:happytrees:
Greg_L

Post by Greg_L »

Ok so what is this gonna be? A drum loop with noodling all over it?
Rebel Yell
muttley

Post by muttley »

Greg_L wrote: Thu Jan 31, 2019 6:59 pm Ok so what is this gonna be? A drum loop with noodling all over it?
I dont know about you but I think we all deserve better than that.. :wink:

In my mind I have either an instrumental fast two or three chord thrash with some riffing and soloing over it or a blues upbeat shuffle with some lead over its. Could be a slow blues could be a fast thrash. I really dont mind whatever you guys are happy with. It doesnt have to be complex..

Without dropping names I know a lot of REALLY good players and some have said they would help out but I really want you guys to be on this journey if you want to..