Why can't I record guitar?

New Guitar Day? Obsessed with tone? 10 on the volume dial not enough? Celestion vs. Electrovoice? Cum in, feel the noize.
ocnor

Re: Why can't I record guitar?

Post by ocnor »

Try a different guitar straight into the amp with no effects connected to the amp. If it still has the rattle, try recording from the amp's DI into the interface. That will narrow it down.
Another toy that helped destroy the elder race of man..forget about your silly whim it doesn't fit the plan.
liv_rong

Post by liv_rong »

I'll give it a shot tomorrow. Thanks for the tips!
JD01

Post by JD01 »

Liv, try recording the emulated out too. This will help narrow down your rattle.
liv_rong

Post by liv_rong »

Hey JDOD, how do I do that? I mean if you plug in to that emulated out does it cut volume to the cabinet? Doesn't the amp have to send a load to the speaker to not kill itself? I don't know anything aboit this, please teach me lol.
JD01

Post by JD01 »

liv_rong wrote: Mon Jan 30, 2017 11:44 am Hey JDOD, how do I do that? I mean if you plug in to that emulated out does it cut volume to the cabinet? Doesn't the amp have to send a load to the speaker to not kill itself? I don't know anything aboit this, please teach me lol.
Stick a lead from your emulated out into your interface and adjust the gain on your interface accordingly.

You can now turn the master to zero and record (monitor with headphones). See if you still get the rattle. I use this feature for laying down scratch tracks early in the morning or late at night. I can't record loud for long hours during the day (learning disabled neighbours with carers) so I try to just get well practised with the amp in stealth mode to minimise the need for lots of takes.

Both of the rhythm tracks on the song I recorded yesterday afternoon were first takes. But I'd practised them that morning and put markers in my reaper project so I was sure of all the changes when I was doing a take.