BIAB SongS - A place to demonstrate the good and the bad of BIAB

General recording topics.
rayc

Re: BIAB SongS - A place to demonstrate the good and the bad of BIAB

Post by rayc »

Here's an update with CeeBee's vocal added.
JOANCBskinnyDgd_r8b.mp3
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Cheers
rayc
rayc

Re: BIAB SongS - A place to demonstrate the good and the bad of BIAB

Post by rayc »

BIAB 2022 is already on sale...the BIG plus to make it worth while for me in the inclusion of full sets of drum tracks..well one track per microphone used anyway. That means more flexibility and opportunities to EQ & tune.
Cheers
rayc
rayc

DRUM STEMS finally

Post by rayc »

Here's an example of the new BIAB drums option. Previously it supplied only a stereo version of a drum track. NOW with about 20 drum sets and soon hopefully more, there's the option to use the raw mic tracks to mix the kit.
This song has seven tracks...hihat, snare bottom, snare top, floor tom, rack toms, kick & ride...no OHs - I don't know if that's a THING yet.
Anyway, the 1st half of the song has the standard stereo file and the 2nd half has my level & pan only mix of the drums...though I did send the snare bottom to the reverb bus.
biabdrumstemdemobothmixes.mp3
It means I'll be able to deal with their common clicky kick and overly loud hihats now.

This is the stem mix with a retracked bass part and some tidying done.
biabdrumstemdemostemstidy.mp3
This is the same "song" but with a different drum kit (Nashville Radio Shuffle). This one had no snare in the snare top file.
biabstemdemodiffkit.mp3
I swapped kits again ...this one has OHs and a sub kick as well as top n bottom snares. The drums suit the song rather better too.
biabstemdemokit3.mp3
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Cheers
rayc