Focusrite 18i20 Audio Dropout & Glitching

Troubleshooting your gear or shopping around for new stuff. This is where you need to be.
rayc

Re: Focusrite 18i20 Audio Dropout & Glitching

Post by rayc »

I still have all of my non software recording gear - Patch bay, outboard compression, outboard reverb, outboard Altec Lansing EQ, 4 track cassette, 8 track CDRecorder, 16 track dig recorder, stereo reel 2 reel and they all still work. In the end the flexibility of mixing ITB wins me over - even when I record to tape, CD or SDcard I end up importing to Reaper.
My old Focusrite interface is still going strong & into my XP machine while the newer on SOLO is doing fine in W10.
I've restricted myself to almost only Reaper related VSTs just three or four others.
Too many choice as the proomise of taking myself out of the process through automation pushed me to limit the stuff.
Cheers
rayc
Tadpui

Post by Tadpui »

WhiskeyJack wrote: Mon Jan 21, 2019 12:44 pm I Skype at work all the time man i'd be up for it for sure i'd just need to install it on my machine at home. You'd be welcome to screen shot it all if was of any benefit for your youtube series as well?

As for the issue, I have to say "I don't know" ?? :lollers:
Honestly, it'd kinda be cool just to chat on Skype even if you've got the interface all sorted. But it's great to hear that it *might* be behaving and ready for service! Now it's time to take out that tech frustration and yell into a mic or bang on a guitar or something :D
WhiskeyJack
Site Admin

Post by WhiskeyJack »

Tadpui wrote: Wed Jan 23, 2019 2:32 am
WhiskeyJack wrote: Mon Jan 21, 2019 12:44 pm I Skype at work all the time man i'd be up for it for sure i'd just need to install it on my machine at home. You'd be welcome to screen shot it all if was of any benefit for your youtube series as well?

As for the issue, I have to say "I don't know" ?? :lollers:
Now it's time to take out that tech frustration and yell into a mic or bang on a guitar or something :D
My thinking exactly. That's the direction i am headed in. All for a chat anytime buddy PM me the info i need to know. :happytrees: :happytrees:
:happytrees: