Pedals and boards they may sometimes go on

New Guitar Day? Obsessed with tone? 10 on the volume dial not enough? Celestion vs. Electrovoice? Cum in, feel the noize.
liv_rong

Re: Pedals and boards they may sometimes go on

Post by liv_rong »

Nah man, I’m a hack player but ok with some building of things. You can actually play! Boards should be utilitarian, I just like to mix my hobbies of playing, gear and building stuff into one. And don’t worry about me not building it man, I wasn’t going to do it for profit anyways lol. Whatever works dude! It looks good
Minerman

Post by Minerman »

liv_rong wrote: Wed May 30, 2018 10:25 pm Nah man, I’m a hack player but ok with some building of things. You can actually play!
I've got you fooled too, don't I... :minernuggs:

Don't sell yourself short Liv, you're a player dude...
Gibson, Fender, Ibanez, Jackson
Ceriatone, Marshall, EVH
TC Electronic, MXR, Yamaha

My music @ Reverbnation :minernuggs:
vomitHatSteve

Post by vomitHatSteve »

I just ordered a second, cheap Road Runner bag (MF had 'em on backorder for $20), so I can split my pedals between "regular pedals that have serious applications in most music" and "ridiculous pedals that are only good for my psychedelic band".
WhiskeyJack
Site Admin

Post by WhiskeyJack »

Minerman wrote: Wed May 30, 2018 11:37 pm
liv_rong wrote: Wed May 30, 2018 10:25 pm Nah man, I’m a hack player but ok with some building of things. You can actually play!
I've got you fooled too, don't I... :minernuggs:

Don't sell yourself short Liv, you're a player dude...
He plays circles around me that is for fucking certain lol.
:happytrees:
Minerman

Post by Minerman »

WhiskeyJack wrote: Thu May 31, 2018 2:40 pm
Minerman wrote: Wed May 30, 2018 11:37 pm Don't sell yourself short Liv, you're a player dude...
Me too Shan, I'm really just a hack, Liv is a gigging drummer/guitarist...There is quite a difference IMO...
Ceriatone, Marshall, EVH

WhiskeyJack
Site Admin

Post by WhiskeyJack »

Minerman wrote: Thu May 31, 2018 2:47 pm
WhiskeyJack wrote: Thu May 31, 2018 2:40 pm

Me too Shan, I'm really just a hack, Liv is a gigging drummer/guitarist...There is quite a difference IMO...
You ain't no hack man, get outta here with that kind of talk. You also play circles around me. We got a great bunch of turds floating around this punchbowl There is no one on these boards i would file under hack. At all.
Minerman

Post by Minerman »

WhiskeyJack wrote: Thu May 31, 2018 2:53 pm You ain't no hack man, get outta here with that kind of talk. You also play circles around me. We got a great bunch of turds floating around this punchbowl There is no one on these boards i would file under hack. At all.
I've got you fooled too Shan... :biggrin:
Ceriatone, Marshall, EVH

liv_rong

Post by liv_rong »

Ha! Thanks guys! I agree though about a lot of talented folks here in multiple facets of our world.
Greg_L

Post by Greg_L »

liv_rong wrote: Thu May 31, 2018 7:00 pm Ha! Thanks guys! I agree though about a lot of talented folks here in multiple facets of our world.
That's no doubt. We might be small but I'd put our collective musicality up against any forum's any time.
Rebel Yell
WhiskeyJack
Site Admin

Post by WhiskeyJack »

Greg_L wrote: Thu May 31, 2018 9:17 pm
liv_rong wrote: Thu May 31, 2018 7:00 pm Ha! Thanks guys! I agree though about a lot of talented folks here in multiple facets of our world.
That's no doubt. We might be small but I'd put our collective musicality up against any forum's any time.
100%
Greg_L

Post by Greg_L »

So...I always liked those little Temple Audio pedalboard patchbay boxes that liv_rong uses, but I don't like the 40 dollar price tag. I also don't exactly need four ins and outs, so I made my own. Total cost - $6.00.

I started with this little mini generic aluminum pedal enclosure.

Planning and mock-up

Holes drilled

Wired up and test fits

Done. Sharpie marker for scale

And this is how it fits. It goes perfectly tucked into a gap between the rails of the pedalboard, One jack is out to the front of the amp, the other is the FX loop return. Now I don't have cables flying off the board from everywhere. It's all nice and neat and self-contained. All that's left is to add colored tape to the box to match the cables so I don't even have to look at it. Easy in-the-dark-on-stage hookup.

Rebel Yell
JD01

Post by JD01 »

That's really cool. I just don't have the soldering skill for that.
Greg_L

Post by Greg_L »

JD01 wrote: Thu Aug 30, 2018 8:55 am That's really cool. I just don't have the soldering skill for that.
It's a very tight fit inside the little enclosure. I didn't solder in there. The top wire would be easy, but that underneath wire would be nearly impossible. I soldered the jacks together outside the box and crammed them in afterwards.
Rebel Yell
liv_rong

Post by liv_rong »

That’s awesome man!
Greg_L

Post by Greg_L »

liv_rong wrote: Thu Aug 30, 2018 9:42 am That’s awesome man!
Thanks. Your use of that Temple Audio thing was the inspiration.

Maybe I'll actually use my pedalboard for more than the tuner now. :lollers:
Rebel Yell
SweetDan

Post by SweetDan »

Greg_L wrote: Thu Aug 30, 2018 8:36 am ...One jack is out to the front of the amp, the other is the FX loop return..

Routing question:

Which of your pedals are between the guitar and the amp, and which are in the f/x send-return loop?
awesome youtube comment of the day
Lol it's still less satanic than whatever rituals Katie Perry and Taylor Swift do in their performances. 😂
Greg_L

Post by Greg_L »

SweetDan wrote: Thu Aug 30, 2018 1:35 pm

Routing question:

Which of your pedals are between the guitar and the amp, and which are in the f/x send-return loop?
Okay it might not look like a smooth flow, but only the EQ pedal and Flashback delay are fx loop pedals. The FX Send comes from the amp, into the EQ on the "red" cable, it goes from the EQ, under the noise gate, and into the delay, then out the delay on the white cable, into my new little box, and back to the FX return on the amp.

Everything else is to the front of amp through the mini-fx loop of the EHX Silencer noise gate.
Guitar > Fat Boost > Tuner > Gate input > Gate send> SD-1 > Tube Screamer > Tremolo > Phaser > Flanger > Wah > Gate return > Gate output > my little homemade box > amp input.

:cuckoo: :eek:

The big ugly footswitch in front is the JVM's foot controller for switching channels and volumes and shit. It's totally independent of the pedalboard. Not related.
Rebel Yell
Lt. Bob

Post by Lt. Bob »

Lots of talented people here and I don't give that away.

Really, pretty much everything I hear from every Rebel is good .... no dreck at all.
And an amp builder and a pedalboard builder ....

Greg is a freakin' GREAT musician even though he denies it.
Liv comes up with stuff that really makes me want to play around with and if I EVER get caught up with the overwhelming amount of shit I have on my plate I'm wanting to collaborate with him.

You've got ocnor who knows his shit ..... minerman who rocks .... JD who does also and Bubba who does too ... AND is a great artist.
Armistice the aussie .... really nice music.
Our fearless leader WJ who is a good musician AND an ace forum designer.
muttley who is an amazing luthier and acoustic expert.

And all the names I've missed .... sorry .... every single person here impresses me.

This place makes me happy .... no douchebags ...... no whiney babies .... it's awesome.

I know I haven't been contributing much but I will ..... I just have a house falling down, a brother dying, 25 feral cats to deal with, 2 air conditioners not working .... busiest part of hurricane season approaching ... and about 22 gigs a month and a 97 year old mom-in-law to take care of and that's just the major things.
I'm really overloaded guys ... as for music, right now I'm over it .... it's just a stream of income ... there's no desire in me to play when I don't have to.

That won't last forever .... once I get time to breathe I'll be driven to record again.
But right now I can barely think .... just too much shit on my plate.

So I apologize for not contributing ..... I love this board and all the people in it.
JD01

Post by JD01 »

Fuckin'ell Bob, that sounds stressful. Hope things perk up over the next few months.
JD01

Post by JD01 »

I'm gonna make a tidier board over the next few weeks. I'll be buying one of them things that Liv used though.