BIG MUFFS & MUFF CLONES

Got a cool pedal you want to tell the world about? Maybe an over hyped plugin that wasn't worth the bandwidth to download? Leave all your reviews in here to share with present and future rebels!
rayc

BIG MUFFS & MUFF CLONES

Post by rayc »

I bought this about a decade ago. Made in Tasmania and sold online for a couple of years.
It doesn't get used much but I bought it when I couldn't get any meat from my Superbass or solid state Jade Clubman 80 amp.
DSC02793.JPG
It's simple & solid with Level ,Tone & Sustain knobs.
In the audio clip I play the same phrase with single notes then power chords.
1st is the Mustang HH Bullet
Morrison Big Fluff.mp3
Bridge pickup into Marshall with VERY clean settings, (same settings used when testing my Teleclone).
The next settings are with Tone at noon and sustain at 0 advancing the level.
Then Level at noon, sustain at 0 and advancing the Tone.
Finally Level at noon, Tone at noon and advancing the sustain.
I did record, at 1st, the sustain until it cut out but it goes for yonks - a while before feedback and then forever after, so I cut off the ones I did & didn't bother with the rest.
It's fun to play with but not easy to fit in a mix. Even with the bass on the amp at 0 there's quite a bit there.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Cheers
rayc
vomitHatSteve

Re: BIG MUFFS & MUFF CLONES

Post by vomitHatSteve »

I feel like muffs have always worked better on basses than guits.

Do you have an official one to A/B the Fluff with?
Tadpui

Post by Tadpui »

I'll set aside some time this week to record some snippets of the Muffuletta on its various circuits and post them here. I'm just now getting back to planet earth after 2 weeks of vacation, and all of the bustle of the holiday and travel. Plus the stepson is home for the holidays so another warm body in the house has cut down my studio time since I don't have a door on my room.
rayc

Post by rayc »

vomitHatSteve wrote: Mon Jan 07, 2019 12:00 pm I feel like muffs have always worked better on basses than guits.
Sorry Steve, I bought the clone because I don't spend real money on real pedals as I'm really a cheapskate.
I don't use it on bass because most such pedals chop off too much bottom end. I suppose I could use it double tracked!
Cheers
rayc
rayc

Post by rayc »

Tadpui wrote: Mon Jan 07, 2019 1:15 pm I'll set aside some time this week to record some snippets of the Muffuletta on its various circuits and post them here.
That's was the aim ... so when you've done that I'll have ticked a box for the new year.
Cheers
rayc
vomitHatSteve

Post by vomitHatSteve »

rayc wrote: Mon Jan 07, 2019 6:07 pm
vomitHatSteve wrote: Mon Jan 07, 2019 12:00 pm I feel like muffs have always worked better on basses than guits.
Sorry Steve, I bought the clone because I don't spend real money on real pedals as I'm really a cheapskate.
I don't use it on bass because most such pedals chop off too much bottom end. I suppose I could use it double tracked!
A used muff is like 70 USD. What do the clones run!?
JD01

Post by JD01 »

Fuzz is always a thing that I think sounds cool when other people use it.
rayc

Post by rayc »

vomitHatSteve wrote: Tue Jan 08, 2019 12:01 pm
rayc wrote: Mon Jan 07, 2019 6:07 pm Sorry Steve, I bought the clone because I don't spend real money on real pedals as I'm really a cheapskate.
A used muff is like 70 USD. What do the clones run!?
A used Big Muff? AUS$140+
An unknown clone AUS$80+
Mine AUS$50
Cheers
rayc