Introducing ido1957

Every great relationship starts with an introduction. Say "Hi!" and tells us a bit about yourself. Meet your new BFFs. No oversharing, please.
ido1957

Introducing ido1957

Post by ido1957 »

My first original song was called "I Do" (wedding song).
I was born in 1957 (best year for Chevys)
Now stop asking where my username comes from lol.

I live in an igloo in Central Alberta Canada (our beloved Administrator - he's 6 hours further north)
I have been happily married 27 years.
I work for a software company (22 years now)
My daughter just graduated from uni with her B Ed.
I play guitar and sing, but can't dance or play drums to save my life.
I shovel a lot of snow - that's my exercise regimen.

Pic is my daughter and I this Christmas.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
People want something for nothing, they want it right now. Either they can't tell quality or don't care but feel it is important that everyone agrees with them.
WhiskeyJack
Site Admin

Re: Introducing ido1957

Post by WhiskeyJack »

ido1957 wrote: I shovel a lot of snow - that's my exercise regimen.
Amen brother.
:happytrees:
Greg_L

Post by Greg_L »

Ido, it's 2017. Why does your pic from last Christmas look like it was Christmas 1975? :D
Rebel Yell
ido1957

Post by ido1957 »

Ah yes - we bought my daughter a Polaroid camera for Christmas. I guess that's the "cool" gift this year.
lol - retro/hipster or something...
People want something for nothing, they want it right now. Either they can't tell quality or don't care but feel it is important that everyone agrees with them.
Greg_L

Post by Greg_L »

I don't know if you're kidding or not, but you're actually right. Polaroids are "in" right now.

Camera's on phones are better than anything ever, but millennials wanna use a fucking Polaroid.

I guess you can't hack instant prints from any clouds.
Rebel Yell
ido1957

Post by ido1957 »

It's hilarious actually because she takes a picture of every Polaroid to post on her FB. Duh ??
We've scanned a few but the quality still bites.
Greg_L

Post by Greg_L »

ido1957 wrote:It's hilarious actually because she takes a picture of every Polaroid to post on her FB. Duh ??
We've scanned a few but the quality still bites.
Lol. Right? They actually take phone pics of Polaroids and post them. I'm considering blowing my brains out. I never really felt GET OFF MY LAWN old until I heard about kids doing that. :D
Rebel Yell
WhiskeyJack
Site Admin

Post by WhiskeyJack »

My wife wanted a polaroid this year for christmas. I got her a fancy porcelain food strainer instead.
:happytrees:
rayc

Post by rayc »

1957 was a mighty fine year for , um, I don't know in Oz - I think Buddy Holly toured (actually jan/Feb '58) and that's about it other than my arrival.
I used a Polaroid at teacher's college in 1978 - I was editing the college Journal thingy and the SRC OK'd the purchase so snaps could go in the book BUT the snaps were, as we all know now, a little blurred around the edges and I think only one ended up being used.
No snow here & the word is that our ski season will be reduced by 80% within 20 years but the weather has been hovering around 30Deg C for the last week - it is summer though.
Armistice lives about 40kms north of me and in another world entirely - he's urbane & I'm coastal village idiot.
Cheers
rayc
Armistice

Post by Armistice »

WhiskeyJack wrote:My wife wanted a polaroid this year for christmas. I got her a fancy porcelain food strainer instead.
You old smoothy, you... :D