9 hour gig yesterday

Weekend warriors or full-timers, if you perform live we want to hear about it!
Post your pics or videos, tell us about your gear and how you set it up! (or how that red head jumped up on stage just as your wife walked in) Every gig has a story please share them here.
Lt. Bob

9 hour gig yesterday

Post by Lt. Bob »

well .... not 9 hours at once but almost.

I had a double yesterday ... an early gig at a Wildlife festival and then my regular Sat gig.

And because of the Wildlife festival access to where I was playing would be closed off early.

I gigged Fri., of course, and then had to get up at 6;30am to leave the house at 7:30 and get there to unload by 8:30.

Played there from 10am-3pm and because of the nature of the event with announcements in between every couple of songs and they were paying very well, I had to play the 5 hours straight thru with no break!

Then I had to tear down, roll my gear about 1/4 mile to the truck ... drive to the next gig and set up just in time to start playing again from 5-9pm.
Got home around 11.
I was a bit tired but hungry more than anything.

None the less I felt a little ragged out today ..... I'm getting old for this.

On the plus side my voice had exactly zero problems singing for 9 hours ... for some reason I can sing 20+ hours a week with no problem ..... I was singing fine at the end of the day ... even my highest, most problematic songs were easy.

Plus I'm apparently in demand ...... more gigs coming in than I would prefer but I'm a money whore.

Last count I have 26 gigs in Dec.

:cuckoo:
SweetDan

Re: 9 hour gig yesterday

Post by SweetDan »

Wow! That sounds tiring, but also awesome you've got the chops and stamina for it.
awesome youtube comment of the day
Lol it's still less satanic than whatever rituals Katie Perry and Taylor Swift do in their performances. 😂
Bubba

Post by Bubba »

Odin's beard, Boob. That would likely kill me.
Haggard Musician :mad:
JD01

Post by JD01 »

Bob, you reckon you could set up a video camera at one of your gigs and record a stereo out from your mixer? If you're not arsed about putting the video together I'm sure one of us would happily do it for you.

Without being morbid, you (or any of us) aren't going to be doing this forever and I reckon some of your gigs should be documented for posterity!
rayc

Post by rayc »

JD01 wrote: Mon Nov 12, 2018 5:06 am Bob, you reckon you could set up a video camera at one of your gigs and record a stereo out from your mixer? If you're not arsed about putting the video together I'm sure one of us would happily do it for you.

Without being morbid, you (or any of us) aren't going to be doing this forever and I reckon some of your gigs should be documented for posterity!
That'd be cool.
Cheers
rayc
Lt. Bob

Post by Lt. Bob »

I actually sort of need a video ...... I'll look into it
vomitHatSteve

Post by vomitHatSteve »

Lt. Bob wrote: Mon Nov 12, 2018 12:04 am I'm a money whore.
The best kind, right?

Dang. That sounds like an intense day. Congrats on making it through alive.
musicturtle

Post by musicturtle »

That's awesome that you are getting so much work and that you can make it through a day like that. For me it would be my fingers more than my voice I would be worried about.

If you want to put a video together I would be glad to help you out if you need it.
rayc

Post by rayc »

Lt Bob's show reel!
Cheers
rayc
WhiskeyJack
Site Admin

Post by WhiskeyJack »

I'll drink to all of that!

Suppose the 5 hour warm up helped you out a bit with what you noted as problematic songs?
:happytrees:
Armistice

Post by Armistice »

Well done Boob - you'll get good mileage out of your Santa hat come December by the sound of it...