How to Set Up Your Own Tour (The JD Method)

Weekend warriors or full-timers, if you perform live we want to hear about it!
Post your pics or videos, tell us about your gear and how you set it up! (or how that red head jumped up on stage just as your wife walked in) Every gig has a story please share them here.
WhiskeyJack
Site Admin

Re: How to Set Up Your Own Tour (The JD Method)

Post by WhiskeyJack »

I like this whole story better when it was a band called Chixdiggit. Only difference being they actually made a startling career out of their fake band.
:happytrees:
Greg_L

Post by Greg_L »

vomitHatSteve wrote: Thu Nov 15, 2018 6:25 pm And his entire band has now quit.

This just keeps getting better!
Even the poor drummer's story seems scammy.
Rebel Yell
Greg_L

Post by Greg_L »

WhiskeyJack wrote: Thu Nov 15, 2018 8:06 pm I like this whole story better when it was a band called Chixdiggit. Only difference being they actually made a startling career out of their fake band.
Jeez I totally forgot about that band. :lollers2:
Rebel Yell
WhiskeyJack
Site Admin

Post by WhiskeyJack »

Greg_L wrote: Thu Nov 15, 2018 8:15 pm
WhiskeyJack wrote: Thu Nov 15, 2018 8:06 pm I like this whole story better when it was a band called Chixdiggit. Only difference being they actually made a startling career out of their fake band.
Jeez I totally forgot about that band. :lollers2:
They were such a fun band to see. One of my faves. I sort of forgot how much fun they are. this one time in halfiax i saw them KJ had like three of those shitty orange Boss basic distortion pedals that all seemed to work whenever they wanted to, and man, he was SO GOOD at smoothly reaching down and unplugging and plugging random shitty Boss pedals till he found one that worked!!! :lollers: :lollers: :lollers: :lollers: i mean unless you wwere up front watching you'd never know he was doing that somehow. or maybe i was too busy rocking out and laughing my ass off to notice the auditory ques of what he was doing.

Back when KJ was younger and could do the mic 2 feet off the ground thing. Hilarious. I tried it once in one of my bands and to stand like that for a 30 min set was just stupid.

[BBvideo=560,315]https://youtu.be/eJCRrP6TELM?t=270[/BBvideo]

That small legacy of sub-pop history all becasue some guys thought of a cool band name and didn't know what they were doing.

real heros right there.
:happytrees: