Multi-camera livestream recommendations

Weekend warriors or full-timers, if you perform live we want to hear about it!
Post your pics or videos, tell us about your gear and how you set it up! (or how that red head jumped up on stage just as your wife walked in) Every gig has a story please share them here.
vomitHatSteve

Multi-camera livestream recommendations

Post by vomitHatSteve »

My band is gonna try to do a livestream show in the near future, and I'd like to get real fancy and do a multi-camera thing.

And by multi-camera, I mean phones. Android phones.

Anyone have any experience with this kind of thing? Recommendations for tools and software to use? Preferably free?
Tadpui

Re: Multi-camera livestream recommendations

Post by Tadpui »

I do a lot of multi-camera stuff, but not much livestreaming. For a simple setup like mine, I use OBS as the encoder software and either a USB webcam or a USB capture card for the video. YouTube recently added a built-in encoder, but I haven't used it yet. I'd assume that it works well enough.

You can stream directly from a phone (if your channel has 100+ subs) but I'm not aware of a way to tie multiple phones together into a single stream. I'll have to look around and see if I can find a way to do that, just because I'm curious.

*edit* DroidCam can at least tie a phone to your PC over WiFi, but it seems to only support 1 device and I can't run multiple instances of it to tie multiple phones to it.
Tadpui

Post by Tadpui »

Aha! It appears that ManyCam can do it, and it's available for iOS and Android: https://manycam.com/mobile/#home
vomitHatSteve

Post by vomitHatSteve »

Nice! Thank you!