NEW GEAR!! Buying anything?

New Guitar Day? Obsessed with tone? 10 on the volume dial not enough? Celestion vs. Electrovoice? Cum in, feel the noize.
rayc

Re: NEW GEAR!! Buying anything?

Post by rayc »

I've been eyeing off a jazzmaster copy Grungemaster for a few months and a Rickenbacker 12 string copy for about a year but I certainly don't need another guitar - much less another noname copy guitar.
I don't usually sell or move gear. I did sell a /Matsumoku made guitar a couple of years ago to fund the purchase of a replacement after a theft. 2hrs later I regretted it - I listened to a track I'd done with it & knew I wouldn't be able to replicate it. It was, at the time, the only solid body single coil I had.
I have given away gear - an octave pedal (1 & 2 oct down)- I desperately wanted one & after an hour of having it knew it was a useless thing for me & my playing/recording. I also gave away one of those VOX ear phone amps to someone who had no amp. No loss it was a toy really. I did give an acoustic guitar to my school as well but that's work related I suppose. Other than that no GAS and no give-aways.
Cheers
rayc
liv_rong

Post by liv_rong »

Damn that is a good price on that and Im half tempted to get it too. My GAS has been going pretty strong the last year and a half or so unfortunately. But fortunately Ive been able to get a few cool things though. Next on my list is a delay pedal then I think Im ready for a different amp head.
JD01

Post by JD01 »

liv_rong wrote: Wed Jan 25, 2017 7:51 am Damn that is a good price on that and Im half tempted to get it too. My GAS has been going pretty strong the last year and a half or so unfortunately. But fortunately Ive been able to get a few cool things though. Next on my list is a delay pedal then I think Im ready for a different amp head.
How much money you looking to spend on a delay?
I use one of these:
https://www.andertons.co.uk/p/MOOMAD2/d ... r-fx-pedal
Its cheap, its not great but its fine for the money.

For a while I found it sounded a bit fishtanky. That was in the front of the amp though. Sticking it in the loop and I'm happy with it again - although I would like to upgrade eventually to a TC electronic one.

If you do change your amp head I'll buy your old one off you.
liv_rong

Post by liv_rong »

Well I just picked up an Earthquaker Devices Avalanche Run and I have an expression pedal for it too and now I'm geeked on nice delays lol. I also have a Joyo Digital Delay that's pretty decent actually and I also have a Mosky Blue Delay that's not great but ok. For my second delay I want an El Capistan.

As for the head I think shipping would be cost prohibitive lol.
JD01

Post by JD01 »

liv_rong wrote: Wed Jan 25, 2017 12:04 pm As for the head I think shipping would be cost prohibitive lol.
I thought you lived in the UK?
liv_rong

Post by liv_rong »

Naw man, Merican.
WhiskeyJack
Site Admin

Post by WhiskeyJack »

I'm gassing for one solid weekend of nothing to do but finish a song or two. And lyrical inspirstion. I just never make time to sit and write lyrics. Maybe i need to be oneof those dudestgat meeds to go to a big field somewhere with out distraction and write.

I dont want to be that person. But it is lookimg like i i might have to be that person lol.
:happytrees:
liv_rong

Post by liv_rong »

Lt. Bob

Post by Lt. Bob »

drool
Bill L

Post by Bill L »

Looking at a Taylor 214 CE right now. I don't even like Taylor's but this one sounds and plays great.
JD01

Post by JD01 »

Bill L wrote: Wed Feb 01, 2017 5:08 pm Looking at a Taylor 214 CE right now. I don't even like Taylor's but this one sounds and plays great.
Nice, go for it!
JD01

Post by JD01 »

I just finally got around to buying my first set of monitors.
Lt. Bob

Post by Lt. Bob »

yay! .... what'd you get?
JD01

Post by JD01 »

The cheapest I could find. Fender branded Focals that are obviously coming to the end of their run 'cos they were less than half price. They get good reviews though.

Just gotta see how they sound in my living room now and work out what changes I have to make.
Lt. Bob

Post by Lt. Bob »

wow ..... I'm an audiophile although I don't talk about it much since pro sound guys tend to get snotty about us being stupid.

But Focal is the real shit ...... Fender branded or not.
Congrats
Greg_L

Post by Greg_L »

Lt. Bob wrote: Fri Feb 03, 2017 11:07 am wow ..... I'm an audiophile although I don't talk about it much since pro sound guys tend to get snotty about us being stupid.

But Focal is the real shit ...... Fender branded or not.
Congrats
You won't find any "pro sound guys" around here. :lollers2:
Rebel Yell
JD01

Post by JD01 »

Good point. My monitors have arrived - but I'll probably just use them for watching TV and watching shit on YouTube.
Minerman

Post by Minerman »

JD01 wrote: Fri Feb 03, 2017 11:15 am Good point. My monitors have arrived - but I'll probably just use them for watching TV and watching shit on YouTube.
Congrats dude!!! You actually are gonna learn the new monitors by doing this, without even intending to do so...
Once you learn how "familiar" stuff sounds on 'em, you'll be able to use 'em to mix with....I used a Kenwood home stereo for years dude, & after I bought monitors had trouble getting my mixes where they were to begin with...
It's all about learning your speakers/gear/room, & how it all works together... :minernuggs:
Gibson, Fender, Ibanez, Jackson
Ceriatone, Marshall, EVH
TC Electronic, MXR, Yamaha

My music @ Reverbnation :minernuggs:
JD01

Post by JD01 »

The immediate thing I've noticed is that it's much easier to judge the "distance" when setting up reverb.
Greg_L

Post by Greg_L »

Judging reverb is one of the biggest clusterfucks of headphone mixing.
Rebel Yell