NEW GEAR!! Buying anything?

New Guitar Day? Obsessed with tone? 10 on the volume dial not enough? Celestion vs. Electrovoice? Cum in, feel the noize.
Bubba

Re: NEW GEAR!! Buying anything?

Post by Bubba »

My Bare Knuckle Riff-Raff bridge pickup arrived! Image
Haggard Musician :mad:
JD01

Post by JD01 »

Sod the pickup. Where'd you get the dancing banana?

You new guitar is looking really cool though, are you going for pickup surrounds? Or just sticking them straight onto the body?
Bubba

Post by Bubba »

JD01 wrote: Sun Feb 05, 2017 5:30 pm Sod the pickup. Where'd you get the dancing banana?

You new guitar is looking really cool though, are you going for pickup surrounds? Or just sticking them straight onto the body?
Ha ha! I have my sources. :biggrin:

I'll try to get Shan to add it, but I fear his plate is a little full, right at this moment!

I'm really pleased with how the guitar's coming together, so thanks for that. :coolstorybro: I'm going for pickup surrounds as they're a standard sprung humbucker mount. Even the P90 I'm having will be the same, rather than the usual system of the mount screws going through the coil and the pickup being sprung with foam.
Armistice

Post by Armistice »

Bubba wrote: Sun Feb 05, 2017 5:41 pm
JD01 wrote: Sun Feb 05, 2017 5:30 pm Sod the pickup. Where'd you get the dancing banana?

Ha ha! I have my sources. :biggrin:

I'll try to get Shan to add it, but I fear his plate is a little full, right at this moment!

I'm really pleased with how the guitar's coming together, so thanks for that. :coolstorybro: I'm going for pickup surrounds as they're a standard sprung humbucker mount. Even the P90 I'm having will be the same, rather than the usual system of the mount screws going through the coil and the pickup being sprung with foam.
You having any luck with the spraying yet?
WhiskeyJack
Site Admin

Post by WhiskeyJack »

Bill L wrote: Wed Feb 01, 2017 5:08 pm Looking at a Taylor 214 CE right now. I don't even like Taylor's but this one sounds and plays great.
I bought that same one last fall for that same reason man. those things play and sound amazing. Great price too. I played it next to a Gibson J45 Standard and the taylor blew it out of the water on several different levels. forgetting for one second that paying almost 2K more for the gibson, the taylor was a very lightweight guitar with a big bright clear sound for a smaller acoustic. I loved the feel of the neck all the way to the 12th fret the frets alone are just wonderful for barre chords which i do alot of. And i really like the look of the wood all through out the guitar.

I'd go so far as to say it i safely the best middle of the road acoustic i have had the pleasure of playing.
:happytrees:
Bubba

Post by Bubba »

Armistice wrote: Mon Feb 06, 2017 4:52 pm You having any luck with the spraying yet?
Yes, mate. I bought some new lacquer for the clear coat. The stuff I was using just wasn't spraying right. Tonight I put the neck, bridge and tailpiece on, strung it up and took some measurements so that Muttley can make me a P90 for the neck position.
Minerman

Post by Minerman »

I'm gonna update my "want" list guys...I'm still on the e-kit kick, so I'm thinking about just buying a whole new kit...I know I've just bought some shit for my existing kit, but in the long run, it'd probably be cheaper just to bite the bullet for a new kit...I could then take what I've got, combine it all (most of it) & have the monster kit I've been building up to...

I'm pretty much stuck with Yamaha since they made everything I already own, & a lot of things don't work correctly when using stuff from Roland/Alesis/etc...I really don't have a preference, & the stuff from Yamaha I've been using seems pretty decent, although I wouldn't know shit from shinola to be honest...

I could plop down $1200 for the DTX522, which comes with:
3-zone snare
2 - 3-zone cymbals (like the one I already have)
2-zone hi-hat
real hi-hat stand (could be used later with a real kit)
real kick pedal
better module (basically a 12-input module, which is basically what both I have now are, combined)
rack/hardware/cymbal booms
https://www.sweetwater.com/store/detail/DTX532K

Or, I could keep buying a piece at a time, but some of these things are expensive as fuck on their own...
10" 3-zone cymbal - $100 x 2
8" 3-zone snare - $270
RHH (real hi-hat pad) $280 without hi-hat stand
kick pad/trigger - $70 without real kick pedal

Everything tallied up, the "piece at a time" list is almost as much as the whole kit, & I've not factored in rack tubes, mounts, cymbal booms, or cables...

So whenever the "thing" I've mentioned finally happens, look for Minernuggs to most likely spring for a new e-kit...
I was told Tuesday by my lawyer it could take anywhere from a week to 3 months, but it will eventually happen...:minernuggs:
Gibson, Fender, Ibanez, Jackson
Ceriatone, Marshall, EVH
TC Electronic, MXR, Yamaha

My music @ Reverbnation :minernuggs:
ido1957

Post by ido1957 »

I just bid for that bass I was looking at on eBay. Meh, an hour to go and I bid the starting amount so. For .05 more you can outbid me.
People want something for nothing, they want it right now. Either they can't tell quality or don't care but feel it is important that everyone agrees with them.
HatfieldCreek

Post by HatfieldCreek »

I'm tempted to pick up a used eventide H9 I'm currently renting. Grabbed one of ernie ball's 30' coiled patch cables last week, hands down best cable I've used for guitar. The H9 is pretty dependent on studio stuff though, found a beautiful 70's trident 24 series board a couple provinces over at a great price, that'll probably come first.
Lt. Bob

Post by Lt. Bob »

I'm getting ready to order a E.H. Lester G Deluxe .... been wanting one ...... didn't get laid this weekend.
It's gonna cost her!
Greg_L

Post by Greg_L »

Lt. Bob wrote: Mon Feb 27, 2017 11:34 pm I'm getting ready to order a E.H. Lester G Deluxe .... been wanting one ...... didn't get laid this weekend.
It's gonna cost her!
Lol damn.
Rebel Yell
miroslav

Post by miroslav »

Have you looked at the Pigtronix Rototron?
liv_rong

Post by liv_rong »

Ordered a Moog MF Trem last night. Price on all the Minifooger series has dropped significantly for some reason, they were all at $200/each and now are like $145.
liv_rong

Post by liv_rong »

liv_rong wrote: Wed Mar 15, 2017 5:04 pm Ordered a Moog MF Trem last night. Price on all the Minifooger series has dropped significantly for some reason, they were all at $200/each and now are like $145.
I have nothing to compare it to as this is my first dive into tremolo, but this is pretty fun:

Greg_L

Post by Greg_L »

Cool man! I like some tremolo sometimes.
Rebel Yell
Lt. Bob

Post by Lt. Bob »

miroslav wrote: Tue Feb 28, 2017 12:12 am Have you looked at the Pigtronix Rototron?
Lester G is cheaper by $100 ..... sounds better to my ears and has a good compressor on it and more features
miroslav

Post by miroslav »

Haven't seen the G version but I have seen the smaller K version...EH also has those couple of organ pedals B and C I think...they look like they could be real sweet. I gotta hit a local music store, it's been awhile...and then I can actually try some out.

Oh...you can find the Rototron for $270 w/free shipping...which is what paid for it, back when they first came out. I think the price went up a bit.

I actually got the Rototron more for messing with my Hammond organ, but it's got some good uses for guitar too, though not an effect I would use often, but for organ, I likes me lots of vib/trem flavor. My Hammond L only has a couple of vibrato setting and a couple chorus settings...but I can't dial in shit in-between or get real slow or real fast motion.
Ideally, a Leslie would be the best option, but...just haven't found anything close by, decent shape, decent price...and one that works with the L...but even then, it's more limited than what you can get with a full-tilt B3 & Leslie.

I've tried the H & K Rotosphere...it was OK, but wasn't happy with it. There was another one I tried, can't recall...maybe it was something from Fulltone...?
Anyway, I'm happy with the Rototron, and I kind like single-purpose pedals, and then I'll add any other FX/processing with another pedal.

There's also that small one from Option 5...the "SIngle" that everyone raves about...and it tends to hold up its price on the used market.
Lt. Bob

Post by Lt. Bob »

First, I'm telling ya' the Lester G is the shit .... check it out.

And I have an E.H. B9 Organ Machine ..... it's pretty cool.
HOWEVER .... it's a pedal that you have to adjust your playing to make it work. They say it doesn't glitch and it tracks flawlessly ... but it will glitch. If you don't hit the attack right you may not get an organ sound or have a chord just cut off. You have to play fairly hard for it to work .... a compressor helps.

I want the KEY9 that is all piano sounds.
liv_rong

Post by liv_rong »

Couldnt pass this up for $40, its usually $150. A good chance I wont like it, Ive never found my way with any dirt pedal really. But the price is right. http://shop.harmanpro.com/p/boneshaker
Greg_L

Post by Greg_L »

Goddammit....a really clean Marshall 1960AX cab just showed up at my local GC. And I've been wanting another A cab. And it's Greenbacks. And checker cloth. It's awesome.

But I don't need it.

Don't. Need. It.

Greg, you do not need this cab.

Greg, don't do it.
Rebel Yell