Focusrite Plugin Offer

New Guitar Day? Obsessed with tone? 10 on the volume dial not enough? Celestion vs. Electrovoice? Cum in, feel the noize.
musicturtle

Focusrite Plugin Offer

Post by musicturtle »

Don't know if I should put this here or in the Digital area but for those who own a Focusrite interface their latest free plugin is a light version of Bias Amp 2 by Positive Grid. Just downloaded and gonna try to check it out this weekend.
JD01

Re: Focusrite Plugin Offer

Post by JD01 »

Oh cool. Tell me how it is cos I use Focusrite too
Bubba

Post by Bubba »

Damn, I was hoping it would be something I could take advantage of, but I don't use amp sims on guitar. I have no idea whatsoever how to prevent the latency incurred when monitoring live, unless somebody has an idiot's guide for the Scarlett series interfaces. I already have Bias amp 2 and I've never been able to get it to work!

A particular bugbear with me at the moment is the free Soundtoys plugins I snagged a couple of years ago. Brilliant plugins, but they keep stopping working every so often and it's the devil's own job to work out how to get them going again. :mad:
Haggard Musician :mad:
WhiskeyJack
Site Admin

Post by WhiskeyJack »

I think i missed it. I can't find a spot to DL from.
:happytrees:
musicturtle

Post by musicturtle »

WhiskeyJack wrote: Sun Sep 16, 2018 12:03 am I think i missed it. I can't find a spot to DL from.
https://focusrite.com/plugin-collective Follow this link

If you have a product registered with Focusrite, you should be able to log in download this. Some of my best plugins come from this "Plug In Collective" deal. One of the reasons I like Focusrite.
rayc

Post by rayc »

Which Scarlett Bob? The 8i6 uses Mixcontrol which, effectively, sets zero latency when that option is selected.
I've followed all of the steps at pos grid and been bounced thrice once I get to the download page after log in & redeem. I'll try again tomorrow. It's no biggy as I'm not a sim user.
Cheers
rayc
musicturtle

Post by musicturtle »

JD01 wrote: Sat Sep 15, 2018 4:06 am Oh cool. Tell me how it is cos I use Focusrite too
Played with it some today. I just messed around with the stock settings. I like some of the clean, blues and crunch presets. Not crazy about the metal, but then again I did nothing within a mix. You cannot change the cab sims but you play with the "tubes" inside the amp. Also gives you a stand alone which is nice when I just want to practice or noodle without firing up the whole system. Of course with that sweet amp of yours you may not have a use for this.
musicturtle

Post by musicturtle »

rayc wrote: Sun Sep 16, 2018 5:53 am Which Scarlett Bob? The 8i6 uses Mixcontrol which, effectively, sets zero latency when that option is selected.
I've followed all of the steps at pos grid and been bounced thrice once I get to the download page after log in & redeem. I'll try again tomorrow. It's no biggy as I'm not a sim user.
Yeah, if you set the buffers right you should be good nowadays.
JD01

Post by JD01 »

musicturtle wrote: Sun Sep 16, 2018 2:16 pm
JD01 wrote: Sat Sep 15, 2018 4:06 am Oh cool. Tell me how it is cos I use Focusrite too
Played with it some today. I just messed around with the stock settings. I like some of the clean, blues and crunch presets. Not crazy about the metal, but then again I did nothing within a mix. You cannot change the cab sims but you play with the "tubes" inside the amp. Also gives you a stand alone which is nice when I just want to practice or noodle without firing up the whole system. Of course with that sweet amp of yours you may not have a use for this.
That could be quite handy when I am away from home!
WhiskeyJack
Site Admin

Post by WhiskeyJack »

Ok i give up? Anyone seen this with these plugins before?? I just switched to Windows 10 and and thought i crossed everything off the list for set up but i guess not.

I click activate, i download the thing, i click the downloaded .html file, fire fox and chrome won't open it as it says it is not trusted and unsecured, but i go there anyways, fill out info, paste my activation code and it says it is not valid.

Is this gone for good? I can't for the life of me find anywhere to go unregistered my previous windows 7 machine either. I mean it's not the end of the world, i rarely use this. But to get back into some home recording i am remixing an older project and these plug ins are all over the place. Would be cool to have them work so i can hear what my ears years ages ago on this.
JD01

Post by JD01 »

Contact their support, they're pretty good.
I've had that screen pop up from time to time, fortunately never with RED plugins cos they're active on all my projects.

But I've either manage to try various activation codes or have them send me a new one until it worked.
WhiskeyJack
Site Admin

Post by WhiskeyJack »

JD01 wrote: Wed Oct 20, 2021 4:19 am Contact their support, they're pretty good.
I've had that screen pop up from time to time, fortunately never with RED plugins cos they're active on all my projects.

But I've either manage to try various activation codes or have them send me a new one until it worked.
Ok i will try that.

So you got that same splash screen in the plugin then? When you clicked activate did it take you to a website or download an .html file?
JD01

Post by JD01 »

WhiskeyJack wrote: Wed Oct 20, 2021 1:01 pm
JD01 wrote: Wed Oct 20, 2021 4:19 am Contact their support, they're pretty good.

Ok i will try that.

So you got that same splash screen in the plugin then? When you clicked activate did it take you to a website or download an .html file?
To be honest, mate. I can't remember. I've not had it on my RED plugins but I've had it on the Scarlett ones and a piano VSTi
musicturtle

Post by musicturtle »

@WhiskeyJack

Yeah it told me I have used all 4 of activations, and I am pretty sure I have only installed on one computer, maybe two.

I do think that this software is no longer bundled with their interfaces, just the Red Plugin Suite and some Softube stuff.

Maybe they are phasing it out.