Swing St. Vrain - gig last weekend

Weekend warriors or full-timers, if you perform live we want to hear about it!
Post your pics or videos, tell us about your gear and how you set it up! (or how that red head jumped up on stage just as your wife walked in) Every gig has a story please share them here.
SweetDan

Swing St. Vrain - gig last weekend

Post by SweetDan »

You don't see much of me, but I was there, thumping away on the bass:

[BBvideo=560,315]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h9eL1gZbiAE[/BBvideo]

Video provided by our rhythm guitarist, Wayne, and he's posted more videos of that and other events in his youtube channel. Audio is from the video recorder, I think it's a stereo track; I'm not sure what device he uses, but if anyone is curious, I'll ask and report back. This venue (unlike most of the others we play -- breweries or restaurants mostly) has a sound guy, and he's supposed to be sending us a recording from the board.
awesome youtube comment of the day
Lol it's still less satanic than whatever rituals Katie Perry and Taylor Swift do in their performances. 😂
vomitHatSteve

Re: Swing St. Vrain - gig last weekend

Post by vomitHatSteve »

Ah, good ol' camera audio!

Of course, the board mix will probably be mostly just vocals.

This actually does sound pretty good for a camera mic.
Bill L

Post by Bill L »

That was very cool. Love the double bass. You just can't duplicate that sound any other way.
SweetDan

Post by SweetDan »

Bill L wrote: Fri Sep 14, 2018 3:24 pm That was very cool. Love the double bass. You just can't duplicate that sound any other way.
Thanks. And I agree, no, you can't make "that sound" any other way (much to the chagrin of my lower back).
awesome youtube comment of the day
Lol it's still less satanic than whatever rituals Katie Perry and Taylor Swift do in their performances. 😂