My Mutt 90 pups

More bark, more bite, more licks for your tone. Get your custom wound pickups from "Mutt's dog house", our resident hound and luthier extraordinaire...

Moderator: muttley

Bill L

My Mutt 90 pups

Post by Bill L »

So, as I mentioned in the Tone Thread, I've finally gotten motivated enough (and had enough time) to finally record the Mutt 90 that I got many months back. This is a different tune from the same session. All the guitars were done using my cheap Lester copy that I put the Mutt 90's in.

The rhythm guitar is middle postion, straight into a '71 Fender Twin, Senn e609 just off the grill
The first solo is bridge position into a '65 Deluxe reissue for the first half and middle position for the second half. Same mic, same position, straight into the amp.
The out solo is bridge position into a Vox AC 30.

No pedals, no effects, no compressors. Straight into the amps, mic'd and straight into the interface.

Ignore the vocal; it was just for placement. All of these recordings from that session were pre production for a trip to a real studio (hopefully in the next couple of weeks).

When I actually get some real versions of these songs, I'll post them if any cares to hear them.
Hande In Hand Rebels Mix 2.mp3
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
SweetDan

Re: My Mutt 90 pups

Post by SweetDan »

Sounds great to me. :like:

Yes, post the tune when the "real" production is done.
awesome youtube comment of the day
Lol it's still less satanic than whatever rituals Katie Perry and Taylor Swift do in their performances. 😂
Greg_L

Post by Greg_L »

Yeah them's some nice tones. Pickups and amps sound great. Nice playing too.
Rebel Yell
rayc

Post by rayc »

Nice Muttering.
Cheers
rayc
Bill L

Post by Bill L »

Thanks boys. I'll be giving these pups more of a workout with a couple of other amps soon as well.

BTW, I suppose pre production kind of came of as kind of snotty. That wasn't my intention. What I should have said is I'm still arranging the tune, deciding on the length of sections, whether or not to change some sections and the overall feel/vibe I'm looking to create (meaning which guitars, amps etc I'll use for the actual recording). You know pre production stuff :lollers: . As I'm going to someone else's studio to do the recording, that is one of the reasons why I'm doing it now rather than as I record (which is what I'd normally do). The best part of this whole thing is the guy won't be charging us for studio time because he's trying to market his studio using tracks that have been recorded there. I'm pretty certain I can do as good a job as him but since I won't have to worry about anything other than playing the guitar, I'm pretty excited to do this. Plus, I learn something new every time I hang out with other sound engineers. It's usually what NOT to do but not always. :lollers2:
muttley

Post by muttley »

Just catching up after three weeks away from work due to being old.. Will give this a listen over the weekend. Cheers man...