Pending NCD (new cymbal day)

Lloyd Christmas: Wanna hear the most annoying sound in the world?
SweetDan

Re: Pending NCD (new cymbal day)

Post by SweetDan »

In all my clips in this thread up to this point I was recording while playing and *not* wearing earplugs. Last night I tried it *with* earplugs, and while the whole fam said "Too loud, Dad!", it felt better to play.

So tonight, while the fam was away at a school event, I whipped out the mics, and plugged in the ear plugs, and whaled away. I hear some difference, not sure if it's enough of a difference to sound much better. Your thoughts? (compare to newCrash_foreOverhead.mp3 above, although I didn't have the OH mic quite that low tonight...)
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
awesome youtube comment of the day
Lol it's still less satanic than whatever rituals Katie Perry and Taylor Swift do in their performances. 😂
Greg_L

Post by Greg_L »

SweetDan wrote: Fri Sep 07, 2018 12:04 am In all my clips in this thread up to this point I was recording while playing and *not* wearing earplugs. Last night I tried it *with* earplugs, and while the whole fam said "Too loud, Dad!", it felt better to play.

So tonight, while the fam was away at a school event, I whipped out the mics, and plugged in the ear plugs, and whaled away. I hear some difference, not sure if it's enough of a difference to sound much better. Your thoughts? (compare to newCrash_foreOverhead.mp3 above, although I didn't have the OH mic quite that low tonight...)
The whole kit sounds better and the crash sounds like a crash now. Playing with some power just sounds better.
Rebel Yell
liv_rong

Post by liv_rong »

Sounds better, still sounds a bit light on the crash IMO. Maybe what you need is a lighter cymbal?

This is a segment from something I did last month, just the drum tracks. Im not playing hard on any of it. The second section I am laying into the ride a bit with the tip of the stick getting a little wash and the 3rd part is on the same ride but I backed off initially and slowly build the ride dynamics up. And all the crash hits are relatively the same, hit with some assertive force but not smashed.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
WhiskeyJack
Site Admin

Post by WhiskeyJack »

Good thread. I am going to go play with Ezdrummer for a while. Bye.
:happytrees: