Generic setup info

Swapping out speakers in cab -OR- putting a hammer though your Line6 Spider? Tell us about it.
muttley

Re: Generic setup info

Post by muttley »

Set the saddle radius then set the action you like by dropping the saddles first. Then ease back the truss rod so that you get the relief you need. The nut you can do later and will then require a little intonation setting at the saddles. Rinse and repeat as each change will require slight changes to all the other shit to keep the feel and intonation right..Once you have that dialed in you set the pup height.
JD01

Post by JD01 »

cheers
Armistice

Post by Armistice »

muttley wrote: Mon Aug 13, 2018 7:37 am Sure no problem. Depending on timescale on I will be traveling down to Cornwall at some point in the near future so maybe able to swing by and take a look or pick it up/drop it off/sort any minor issues on site... See how you get on. The only major problems you would be able to cause would be with the truss rod so take that one carefully. I assume its a body end adjustment? Depending on type of hex or bullet you maybe able to adjust without removing the neck. You will know when you get the scratchplate off...
Current model (which I have) they've put it at the body end, accessible without even slacking off the strings.
JD01

Post by JD01 »

You've got a nice top end USA model though haven't you?

Mine is a total basic Mexican model.

Played on it for a few hours last night and really enjoyed it, it did change my playing quite a lot. Which is good.
My PRS didn't actually inspire me to play at all, it was just something to play on for a different sound on a recording, this tele makes me want to just play for playing's sake.