This looks quite cool

New Guitar Day? Obsessed with tone? 10 on the volume dial not enough? Celestion vs. Electrovoice? Cum in, feel the noize.
WhiskeyJack
Site Admin

Re: This looks quite cool

Post by WhiskeyJack »

Armistice wrote: Tue Nov 24, 2020 5:18 pm From a personal "looks" thing, I've never looked f-hole thinlines (why are they called that anyway?) and am not a fan of the 4 X black plastic knobs layout a la an LP.
I didn't love the four knobs either. that's what i didn't like ascetic wise, but that is easily fixable really.

F holes are growing on me.
:happytrees:
CrowsofFritz

Post by CrowsofFritz »

Yeah, I like that tele a lot more than the guitar in the first post.
“Naaaaaaaaaah man. I ain’t touching that mic. That thing’s expensive!”
rayc

Post by rayc »

I don't really understand the "copy the body and then do everything that's not associated with that body" aesthetic.
The Tele looking thing is bonkers but not in a cool way...even the F hole looks wrong.
Of the other images posted the LP junior looks like a band saw mistake but the other looks like a 60s MIJ Guyatone/Teisco thing - which is cool by me.
Cheers
rayc
JD01

Post by JD01 »

WhiskeyJack wrote: Tue Nov 24, 2020 6:32 pm
Armistice wrote: Tue Nov 24, 2020 5:18 pm From a personal "looks" thing, I've never looked f-hole thinlines (why are they called that anyway?) and am not a fan of the 4 X black plastic knobs layout a la an LP.
I didn't love the four knobs either. that's what i didn't like ascetic wise, but that is easily fixable really.

F holes are growing on me.
Yeah. Four knobs is overkill for me too, I barely use one knob.