Guyatonal Puppy

More bark, more bite, more licks for your tone. Get your custom wound pickups from "Mutt's dog house", our resident hound and luthier extraordinaire...

Moderator: muttley

rayc

Guyatonal Puppy

Post by rayc »

Hello Mutt,
I've taken some clearer pictures and place a rule in some for your perusal.
I was going to reduce the images to post in here but decided that the larger size would allow you to enlarge etc for a better view.
I Zipped the snaps into a bundled & "uploaded" them to DropBox.
I used the free 7Zip program but any zipper should work.
Here's the link:
Guyatone 125-T
Let me know what information you need.
Strangely this guitar is, without the mod, being touted for almost AUS$1K.
Silly stuff but I like it.
Cheers
rayc
WhiskeyJack
Site Admin

Re: Guyatonal Puppy

Post by WhiskeyJack »

That is a cool guitar Ray!! Love it. I don't know that i have ever seen it before.

EDIT: I have seen it before in the Mosrite post that Armi stuck up there.
:happytrees:
muttley

Post by muttley »

Sorry mate, been really hectic busy recently. I will try and sort out a reply soon. Is there any specific outcome you are after? Essentially its all p[ossible but we would need to decide what you want and work back from there..

Wasnt ignoring you just been up to my neck in it recently..

Double post...;)
rayc

Post by rayc »

muttley wrote: Thu Jul 19, 2018 6:16 pm Sorry mate, been really hectic busy recently. I will try and sort out a reply soon. Is there any specific outcome you are after? Essentially its all possible but we would need to decide what you want and work back from there..

Wasnt ignoring you just been up to my neck in it recently..

Double post...;)
I figured you'd be busy but also figured that this may not be visible on a post list.
What do I want?
Basically a P90 type to replace what was, probably, in the spot originally.
I don't have any great specifics. I have 2 modernish (made this century EPI & Squire) humbucker guitars, a couple of single coil early 60s MIJ thin line semi acoustics, a fake Tele and this ancient Mosrite copy Guyatone so making this guitar closer to original will probably give me another colour for the palate. I really like the G90 samples I heard but, as said, I'm not specific. Happy to go with what you reckon'd be a good thing given the machine and it's origins.
Oh, absolutely no hurry.
I've had the guitar for about 5 years and have others to choose from so it's not urgent. Rather, it's the whim of an old retired chap that can be chewed over as time decrees.
Cheers
rayc
muttley

Post by muttley »

I assume you mean a p90 style in the bridge? I have also done quite a few TV Jones style minis recently which on a quick glance over those pics couls well fit in the neck..
rayc

Post by rayc »

Oh, yeah BRIDGE to replace the humbucker that was mongrelled into that spot.
I rarely use neck pickup so it's something restorative but cool for the bridge spot to bring the guitar a little closer to original.
Cheers
rayc
rayc

Post by rayc »

Sometimes I'm amazed...my Guyatone Mos copy cost my brother-in-law AUS$125 a few years back. This one is in better nick BUT...https://www.ebay.com/itm/Guyatone-LG125 ... 3065716894
Cheers
rayc
muttley

Post by muttley »

Hey Ray, I should have time this week to look into this. Be ready for some more questions..:)
rayc

Post by rayc »

muttley wrote: Sat Jul 28, 2018 6:15 am Hey Ray, I should have time this week to look into this. Be ready for some more questions..:)
OK,
I will be working this week, (they dragged me out of retirement), but I'll check the BB when I get home each day.
THANKS!
Cheers
rayc