new interface time

General recording topics.
Greg_L

Re: new interface time

Post by Greg_L »

liv_rong wrote: Sun Mar 03, 2019 3:58 pm

Yup, that's it. Looks like the price went back up again. I thought it was around this or $850 for a long time and then last year when I got it it was down to $750.
Ah well that's okay. I think the price is pretty reasonable for what it is. But yeah, that's the one on top of my list right now.
Rebel Yell
Greg_L

Post by Greg_L »

JD01 wrote: Sun Mar 03, 2019 4:04 pm
Cool. Enjoy. Hopefully you haven't got too many VSTs to worry about reinstalling and stuff like that.
I keep all that shit backed up and very few of them need an actual "install". Most of them are just a .dll in one big folder and Reaper just needs to know where to find it.
Rebel Yell
Minerman

Post by Minerman »

I'm having a bit of buyer's remorse with the Tascam 16x08...It does what it's supposed to & does it pretty good, but there are a few little things it does (or doesn't) that bug me...

First is I can't play YouTube/Windows Media Player/whatever at the same time when I have the daw opened...Maybe I'm missing something, but I've tried this for months now, with no solution...I keep my old KA6 interface plugged in so I can do this when I wanna...

Second is I'm experiencing latency kinda like Jdude had...It happens when I add a plugin, or tweak a plugin in Reaper...Resetting the asio driver (moving the slider from 64 to 128, then back to 64) works, but I shouldn't have to do this...

I can say the 16x08's pre's seem good, at least as good as the KA6, & I now have the ability to record as many tracks as I'd want/need...The 2 bugs/issues I'm having aren't really deal breakers, but they are aggravating as fuck, to me anyway...

So, I may end up getting another interface & kinda wish I'd went with the Roland...
Gibson, Fender, Ibanez, Jackson
Ceriatone, Marshall, EVH
TC Electronic, MXR, Yamaha

My music @ Reverbnation :minernuggs:
liv_rong

Post by liv_rong »

I never have latency issues, not even with my old interface. I just go with default settings. I dont even know where to look to find them, though I am sure I would find them if I looked. Now, I dont run plugs until I'm mixing and I monitor right from the interface, so maybe that's why.