Some pics from a couple of recent gigs

Weekend warriors or full-timers, if you perform live we want to hear about it!
Post your pics or videos, tell us about your gear and how you set it up! (or how that red head jumped up on stage just as your wife walked in) Every gig has a story please share them here.
Bill L

Some pics from a couple of recent gigs

Post by Bill L »

As you guys know, I do sound for other bands. And occasionally I get hired by other companies for bigger gigs than I would normally have access to. One guy does a lot of weddings and he hires me as the guy that runs the sound for the ceremony. So I get paid for 5 hours of work but it's more like an hour of work and the rest just sitting around. Because he does lots of weddings, I end up in some beautiful spots. Here's a pic from yesterdays gig in Narragansett, RI (a great little beach town that I spent most of my summers. All of my family still have houses there). This is an old money WASPy beach club. And it was the best weather we've had on a Saturday all year so far.
Dunes Club.jpg
Last week, I was on the other side of the bay in Newport. I was doing sound for a 3 piece band from California (I think). They set up next to the hotel pool. This was our view (I took this pic while I was breaking down):
Bridge.jpg
And this is a pick of the conspicuous consumption that can be found in Newport (especially during the summer months when all the money bags want to show off). This is the check in desk of the hotel and where the valet's leave the nice cars.
Cars.jpg
From left to right:
A McLaren (probably $1 million), a Mercedes (gotta be close to $150k), a Ferrari (at least $250 k) and another Benz (again, around $100k).

And it looks like I'll be doing sound for some of the acts of the Newport Folk Festival. After they play the main stage, they come over to the hotel and play smaller gigs on the hotel grounds. I'm really looking forward to that. Should be some fun.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Last edited by Bill L on Sun Jul 08, 2018 11:33 am, edited 2 times in total.
ido1957

Re: Some pics from a couple of recent gigs

Post by ido1957 »

Sounds like a fun gig!
People want something for nothing, they want it right now. Either they can't tell quality or don't care but feel it is important that everyone agrees with them.
Bill L

Re: Some pics from a couple of recent gigs

Post by Bill L »

The pic thing seems to be acting wonky again. Oh well.