I Survived...

Weekend warriors or full-timers, if you perform live we want to hear about it!
Post your pics or videos, tell us about your gear and how you set it up! (or how that red head jumped up on stage just as your wife walked in) Every gig has a story please share them here.
Minerman

I Survived...

Post by Minerman »

Did my first gig in about 18 years on the 4th of July, & I survived...Holy fuck if it wasn't hot, & I was tired afterward, but I had a lot of fun...That was the whole point of doing it to begin with...

We sounded ok, nothing great, of course we were sloppy as fuck (we only practiced a couple/few times), but at times we sounded pretty good...I can sure tell I'm rusty as fuck as a live player, recording has spoiled me because if I make a mistake, I can rewind & fix it...
That can't be done live though...:lollers:

I'm really happy with the Mini Jubilee, it's plenty loud enough for a gig like this (which is about how all of 'em I've played are), & it sounds really good to me...I used the SG > pedalboard (Boss Super OD, BK Butler Real Tube, Danelectro Vibe) > Mini Jubilee > Bastard cab (Marshall slant with 4 different speakers...) for the whole thing, using the vibe on a couple clean sounds, & using the 2 dirt pedals as a boost...

I didn't get around to recording any proper tones, I do have a clip or two recorded with a cell phone, but I don't think it would serve any of it any justice...I might get around to posting a song or two depending on how much I have to try to eq the audio...

I knew Cassie's older sister can sing really, really good, but I had no idea Cassie can too...She's only 15, but she's already damn good at singing & is a pretty good bass player...That girl has a lot of potential, as long as she doesn't get married & start having kids...

Anyway, here are a few pics from Wednesday's gig:

I look like a skinny old man compared to how I used to look:

The band is L > R: Earnie Bledsoe (my preacher nephew), Cassie Bledsoe (his daughter/my niece), Roger Clark, me on the far right, & Alex Alsup on drums...

Gibson, Fender, Ibanez, Jackson
Ceriatone, Marshall, EVH
TC Electronic, MXR, Yamaha

My music @ Reverbnation :minernuggs:
WhiskeyJack
Site Admin

Re: I Survived...

Post by WhiskeyJack »

That is awesome buddy!!! Looking good up there man. Can't wait for some vids to surface haha.

What is the metallic blue looking amp thing next to you?
:happytrees:
Greg_L

Post by Greg_L »

I see your Mountain Dew. You crazy hillbilly. :D

Looks good miner. Glad you got to do it and had fun.
Rebel Yell
vomitHatSteve

Post by vomitHatSteve »

Nice!

...anyone else a little thrown by the stars all being rotated slightly differently from each other?
Greg_L

Post by Greg_L »

Murrica
Rebel Yell
Minerman

Post by Minerman »

Thanks dudes... :biggrin: Mt. Dew to the rescue!!! It sure was a hot, hot fuckin' day, I don't see how you guys who live in Texas/Florida/etc stand it...The humidity must be an absolute killer...There's no way I could stand that like you guys do...

The blue amp is a Kustom head/cab, solid-state I think with a 12ax7 pre-amp tube & some built-in effects...That amp is Earnie's & he offered to sell it to me for $300, but I turned it down...It's ok, but I really have no interest in it at all...

I meant to tell you guys I used the Mini Jubilee in 20w mode, & had the master output volume on 7 or 8...It probably would've been loud enough on the 5w setting, but I don't get a chance to get loud for a while like this much, & opened the little amp up...Earnie was playing through his Carvin V3 mini-head (50w with some low power settings available) through a 2x12 with V30's, & my Mini Jubilee ate it for lunch...They were actually about the same loudness, but I thought my amp just sounded better...Probably the 4x12, but still, my little amp has a thick, fat tone...It still has the Marshall high/high mid thing, but it's really thick/fat sounding...

I let Cassie play her Carvin bass amp through my EVH 4x12 too...I wasn't sure how well those speakers were broken in, but I'm positive they're good to go now...

Dudes I'm very, very happy with my gear...I never had nice gear like this when I gigged years ago...There is a difference between what I had then, & what I have now...
IMO, I have a great rig to play through now, & it's gonna be even better in about a month when my new Chupacabra gets here... :jam:
Ceriatone, Marshall, EVH

Lt. Bob

Post by Lt. Bob »

glad you had fun . when's the next gig?
ido1957

Post by ido1957 »

Great pics and sounds like it was a lot of fun. Your rig sounds it kicked some ass out there.
!!
People want something for nothing, they want it right now. Either they can't tell quality or don't care but feel it is important that everyone agrees with them.
Bill L

Post by Bill L »

Great stuff miner!
Minerman

Post by Minerman »

Thanks dudes... :smiles:

Lt. Bob wrote: Fri Jul 06, 2018 12:27 pm glad you had fun . when's the next gig?
I dunno Bob, I sure had a hell of a hillbilly good time the other day...I'm actually thinking about keeping on with it dude...When I gigged before, I always had to work, & it was rough on me at times, but now, I don't gotta work, so...

Thanks again guys...
Ceriatone, Marshall, EVH

rayc

Post by rayc »

vomitHatSteve wrote: Fri Jul 06, 2018 11:58 am Nice!

...anyone else a little thrown by the stars all being rotated slightly differently from each other?
Ha,
I was in a quandary because a) may be that's the way the US really does it, b) that's the south striking back or c) Mountain Dew contains the brown acid.
Cheers
rayc
rayc

Post by rayc »

Well done MM. Nephews who preach via an SG - that's a tradition isn't it?
Cheers
rayc
Tadpui

Post by Tadpui »

Nice Miner! Hopefully some cell phone footage exists :)

Looks like the little Jubilee is right at home on stage. And I bet it was hot as shit out there.
rayc wrote:Ha,
I was in a quandary because a) may be that's the way the US really does it, b) that's the south striking back or c) Mountain Dew contains the brown acid.
LOL yeah, lysergic diethylamide is like the 3rd ingredient listed on the can :D

I actually drink the stuff every weekday at work. It's an ill-advised dose of caffeine and sugar to help offset afternoon drowsiness. And hey, it contains flame retardant, so I'll obviously be the sole survivor in case of an office fire.
einstein magoo

Post by einstein magoo »

Looks great Miner! Can we get a peek ar the set list!?