Turning otherwise garbage into studio stuff. (Wall Treatment)

DIY Studio Stuff
WhiskeyJack
Site Admin

Re: Turning otherwise garbage into studio stuff. (Wall Treatment)

Post by WhiskeyJack »

More garbage turned into something i can use when i need it and tuck away out of sight when i dont. Also keeps it out of the landfill and save a few nickles at the lumber yard.

Crude Vocal semi isoolating booth thingy???

An old bifold door my old neighbor "kindly" left in my driveway while i was at work the day he moved out. I used to use this one and another from my own house and throw blankets over them. But after coming back to them fallen over and taking out one my good mics in the process i figured id give it a rethink.

Just adhered some old clean unused carpet to appropriate places. Clamped and added broad hinges.

Presto!! ImageImage
:happytrees:
Greg_L

Post by Greg_L »

Hey not bad. I got just the thing for you to try it out.... :yeabuddy:
Rebel Yell
rayc

Post by rayc »

Eye rings & hooks so you can hang them in place from the rafters? Legs are too problematic and relying on self support is a fraught thing.
I've been saving a queen bed sized piece of "memory" foam from the tip...Foam isn't much chop I know but rolled up and stood in a corner it does reduce some bass build up. She still wants to dump it though. The wife also wanted to ditch a solid wood, chest height, narrow book case but I saved it & it now houses the less frequently used gtr pedals and other stuff that was stacked up on other things.
Cheers
rayc
WhiskeyJack
Site Admin

Post by WhiskeyJack »

rayc wrote: Thu Jun 04, 2020 7:26 am Eye rings & hooks so you can hang them in place from the rafters? Legs are too problematic and relying on self support is a fraught thing.
I've been saving a queen bed sized piece of "memory" foam from the tip...Foam isn't much chop I know but rolled up and stood in a corner it does reduce some bass build up. She still wants to dump it though. The wife also wanted to ditch a solid wood, chest height, narrow book case but I saved it & it now houses the less frequently used gtr pedals and other stuff that was stacked up on other things.
Dam dude i didnt even think of rolling up old foam for in corners!! I just pitched one last fall too ☹

Next time. Thumbs up to recycing stuff ray.
Greg_L wrote: Thu Jun 04, 2020 1:18 am Hey not bad. I got just the thing for you to try it out.... :yeabuddy:
:like:
:happytrees: