Sunday Soul Service

Weekend warriors or full-timers, if you perform live we want to hear about it!
Post your pics or videos, tell us about your gear and how you set it up! (or how that red head jumped up on stage just as your wife walked in) Every gig has a story please share them here.
ido1957

Sunday Soul Service

Post by ido1957 »

Decided to take the plunge and go to a jam session this afternoon.
First time in several decades... A little loose but I shook a few cobwebs off.
Played: Kansas City, Further On Up the Road, Pride and Joy.
There's a bunch of these around town. I may partake a little more. :coolstorybro:
People want something for nothing, they want it right now. Either they can't tell quality or don't care but feel it is important that everyone agrees with them.
rayc

Re: Sunday Soul Service

Post by rayc »

Taking the downstairs solo work outs into company - GOOD!
Cheers
rayc
Greg_L

Post by Greg_L »

ido1957 wrote: Sun Jun 03, 2018 11:29 pm Decided to take the plunge and go to a jam session this afternoon.
First time in several decades... A little loose but I shook a few cobwebs off.
Played: Kansas City, Further On Up the Road, Pride and Joy.
There's a bunch of these around town. I may partake a little more. :coolstorybro:
That's good dude. Keep going!
Rebel Yell
Lt. Bob

Post by Lt. Bob »

ido1957 wrote: Sun Jun 03, 2018 11:29 pm
you should .... even as much as I gig I find 'jamming' to be invigorating and renewing as a player.

I rarely go to actual jams ..... I'll mostly go sit-in with actual bands but that's just 'cause I can.
It's still jamming and helps one get out of their rut and think a bit differently
muttley

Post by muttley »

Lt. Bob wrote: Tue Jun 05, 2018 1:17 pm
ido1957 wrote: Sun Jun 03, 2018 11:29 pm
you should .... even as much as I gig I find 'jamming' to be invigorating and renewing as a player.

I rarely go to actual jams ..... I'll mostly go sit-in with actual bands but that's just 'cause I can.
It's still jamming and helps one get out of their rut and think a bit differently
Sit in's are the best.. The number of gigs I got from sit in's is incalculable, and they are way more fun cos the band is what it is and is usually on the money cos they aint changing seats all night like you do at jam nights. I'm gonna get over there one day and sit in with yer man... call what you like and then once I got it we trade fours, you can have the bridge..;)
WhiskeyJack
Site Admin

Post by WhiskeyJack »

We got one in my town tha tthe old guys invite me too at the legion but they are hella country. I may have time to do that this summer. Might give it a go.
:happytrees:
ido1957

Post by ido1957 »

WhiskeyJack wrote: Tue Jun 05, 2018 6:52 pm We got one in my town tha tthe old guys invite me too at the legion but they are hella country. I may have time to do that this summer. Might give it a go.
Yeah legions are hard core country. Do you sing? Try Working Man Blues - that has a cool rhythm and decent solo.
There's a bunch of classics you can pick up quickly and just play major pentatonic for solos.
People want something for nothing, they want it right now. Either they can't tell quality or don't care but feel it is important that everyone agrees with them.
Armistice

Post by Armistice »

ido1957 wrote: Tue Jun 05, 2018 10:32 pm
WhiskeyJack wrote: Tue Jun 05, 2018 6:52 pm We got one in my town tha tthe old guys invite me too at the legion but they are hella country. I may have time to do that this summer. Might give it a go.
Yeah legions are hard core country. Do you sing? Try Working Man Blues - that has a cool rhythm and decent solo.
There's a bunch of classics you can pick up quickly and just play major pentatonic for solos.
I don't think The Gimp is playing much at the moment... :minernuggs:
WhiskeyJack
Site Admin

Post by WhiskeyJack »

ido1957 wrote: Tue Jun 05, 2018 10:32 pm
I can sing. But not well. I am pitchy as hell at best lately. I will give it a shot just for fun. I messaged the one old guy who knows how to text and i think there is a jam coming up soon.
:happytrees: