Today's gig

Weekend warriors or full-timers, if you perform live we want to hear about it!
Post your pics or videos, tell us about your gear and how you set it up! (or how that red head jumped up on stage just as your wife walked in) Every gig has a story please share them here.
Bill L

Today's gig

Post by Bill L »

Roger Williams Law School graduation. I've been doing this with my buddy for the last 4 or 5 years. Tomorrow is the big show, over 1200 under grads walking. We have a db Technologies line array plus a whole ball field full of speakers (neither are in the pic below). Here tomorrow from 6 am until about 3 pm then I head to another gig doing sound for a blues harmonica player and Duke Robillard as well as a band called Muddy Ruckus. Long but fun day tomorrow.

20180518_131827.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
muttley

Re: Today's gig

Post by muttley »

Duke Robbilard is one of my all time favorite players... :like:

Love to see that gig Bill... enjoy.
Bill L

Post by Bill L »

muttley wrote: Fri May 18, 2018 3:23 pm Duke Robbilard is one of my all time favorite players... :like:

Love to see that gig Bill... enjoy.
I'll be recording it so I'll send you a link when I'm finished.
Bill L

Post by Bill L »

Behind the video screens.

20180518_144206.jpg

The center fills, stage fills and side fills. These are flown on the lighting truss.
20180518_144818.jpg

The line array.

20180518_145725.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
einstein magoo

Post by einstein magoo »

EARSCHPLITTENLOUDENBOOMER

everyone should be able to hear ok
vomitHatSteve

Post by vomitHatSteve »

That space is large enough for 1200 grads plus family?
Or is that first photo the blues gig?
Bill L

Post by Bill L »

vomitHatSteve wrote: Sat May 19, 2018 6:33 pm That space is large enough for 1200 grads plus family?
Or is that first photo the blues gig?
The Law School graduates a couple of hundred. The pic shows half of where the undergrads sit (I would estimate that only 1/6 of available seating is shown in the pic). The tent is over 100 feet front to back and more than twice as long. There's also another tent behind us that sits at least another 1000 people. It took about 3 hours for the walk alone. I'll see if I can dig up some other pics from previous years to show the magnitude of the tents.

Had a killer second gig (which was a blues gig). We made an absolutely horrible sounding room sound great (well, not really. But way better than any other gig I or they have done there). A couple of hundred people acting as acoustic treatment can do wonders for a room. :lollers2:

Alas, the bass player was walking by my gear, knocked into my computer, got caught on some wires and sent my hard drive (that was multi tracking the gig for me) flying. As of yet I have been unable to get the drive to work, so lost. One of my buddy's taped it though so I'm hoping his came out alright.
Lt. Bob

Post by Lt. Bob »

stupid bass players