The Seditionaries' Comeback Gig - second attempt!

Weekend warriors or full-timers, if you perform live we want to hear about it!
Post your pics or videos, tell us about your gear and how you set it up! (or how that red head jumped up on stage just as your wife walked in) Every gig has a story please share them here.
Bubba

The Seditionaries' Comeback Gig - second attempt!

Post by Bubba »

Well, we played our first gig with this lineup on Sunday night and it was a great success.

You would think at our advanced ages that the similarly-superannuated audience would have calmed down, but no. There were shenanigans. There was slam-dancing. There were casualties, one of them being one of my K&M mic stands - a knot of elderly punk rockers collapsed on it and damaged the leg joint. The second was the singer's wife. She was minding her own business dancing quietly when a knot of elderly punk rockers - in a separate incident- collapsed on her and damaged her leg joint. Well, bruised it :biggrin:

Here's a little phone vid taken by the landlady. I'll post more as and when they become available.

London Calling:

[BBvideo=560,315]https://youtu.be/FGJN-Jqchn0[/BBvideo]

Anarchy in the Uk

Last edited by Bubba on Wed May 09, 2018 6:50 am, edited 1 time in total.
Haggard Musician :mad:
Bubba

Re: The Seditionaries' Comeback Gig - second attempt!

Post by Bubba »

For those who are interested, the K&M mic stand (which has been with me for about 20 years give or take) can be repaired for £7.50 inc. VAT and delivery. Small beer for the life of a good friend.
WhiskeyJack
Site Admin

Post by WhiskeyJack »

Jesus murhpy. I tip my cap to you bubbs. That London Calling cover was killer. i don't know that i have ever seen it covered that nicely ever.

Ace Feedback buddy.
:happytrees:
muttley

Post by muttley »

lol.. love it. I remember when the mic stand was the go to weapon of self preservation...

Sounds good for a phone capture Bubbs.. look forward to hearing more when you get them up..
rayc

Post by rayc »

Casualties - at least they are out n about causing havoc - again. well done.
Cheers
rayc
JD01

Post by JD01 »

This is really good, mate. Only just got around to watching it (was off work yesterday) and was really busy, decorating, family shit, Bill Bailey etc.

I know a lot of this depends just how you happen to be filmed by the guy with the mobile phone, but you sound tight as fuck and your new singer is much better that the Shambollix singer. Hopefully this guy sticks around.

Would genuinely love to catch one of your gigs - I'm rarely up north on a weekend though (might be in Nottingham in a few months, though)
Bubba

Post by Bubba »

WhiskeyJack wrote: Tue May 08, 2018 4:20 pm Jesus murhpy. I tip my cap to you bubbs. That London Calling cover was killer. i don't know that i have ever seen it covered that nicely ever.

Ace Feedback buddy.
Ha ha, thanks WJ! :biggrin: I always pride myself on trying to capture the little details that make a record great and reproducing them live - be it backing vocals, specific licks, or in this case - controlled feedback. It's great that it's come over well, I think it's really important.
muttley wrote: Tue May 08, 2018 4:33 pm lol.. love it. I remember when the mic stand was the go to weapon of self preservation...

Sounds good for a phone capture Bubbs.. look forward to hearing more when you get them up..
Thanks, Mutt - the pup worked well! Brighter and clearer than my Yamahas but with plenty of oomph. Excellent work. :smiles:

rayc wrote: Tue May 08, 2018 7:18 pm Casualties - at least they are out n about causing havoc - again. well done.
Thanks, Ray. I love it when the audience get a bit carried away.
This is really good, mate. Only just got around to watching it (was off work yesterday) and was really busy, decorating, family shit, Bill Bailey etc.

I know a lot of this depends just how you happen to be filmed by the guy with the mobile phone, but you sound tight as fuck and your new singer is much better that the Shambollix singer. Hopefully this guy sticks around.

Would genuinely love to catch one of your gigs - I'm rarely up north on a weekend though (might be in Nottingham in a few months, though)
Thanks very much, JD. The second vid was taken from a point that was too close to the PA speaker to get a balanced sound, which is why drums and especially vocals are prominent compared to the guitars.
Greg_L

Post by Greg_L »

Very impressive Bubba. I love how your band gets the little nuances that are unique to the songs you cover instead of just slopping through them the easy way. I always notice that in your sound clips and vids. Yall do it right.
Rebel Yell
vomitHatSteve

Post by vomitHatSteve »

You're never to old to raise Hell, right?
Bubba

Post by Bubba »

Another song from the same gig - one of my favourites.

[BBvideo=560,315]https://youtu.be/UnmfzfqM_24[/BBvideo]