Beta Website up and out there...

More bark, more bite, more licks for your tone. Get your custom wound pickups from "Mutt's dog house", our resident hound and luthier extraordinaire...

Moderator: muttley

muttley

Re: Beta Website up and out there...

Post by muttley »

HardHead it is.. :like:

Although here in cockney land we'd call it a "Toughnut"...;)
muttley

Post by muttley »

Minerman wrote: Fri Apr 27, 2018 9:43 pm BTW, sorry to use so many posts, but I couldn't get the uploader to work unless I put 2 clips at a time...Anymore than that & it wouldn't work...

Lemme know if you need anything else Mutt... :minernuggs:
Not a problem mate... Maybe raise it with WJ in the suggestions board...? I'm sure he could change the allowed number of uploads to maybe four or five a bit like images...
Minerman

Post by Minerman »

muttley wrote: Sat Apr 28, 2018 3:59 pm
Minerman wrote: Fri Apr 27, 2018 9:43 pm BTW, sorry to use so many posts, but I couldn't get the uploader to work unless I put 2 clips at a time...Anymore than that & it wouldn't work...

Lemme know if you need anything else Mutt... :minernuggs:
Not a problem mate... Maybe raise it with WJ in the suggestions board...? I'm sure he could change the allowed number of uploads to maybe four or five a bit like images...
It's all good dude, as long as you get your clips is all that matters to me...Poor 'ol Whiskey Jack has enough on his plate as it is, I sure don't wanna put anymore stress on him myself...

BTW, I'm really bonding with this "new" guitar Mutt, I had no idea your p'ups would make such a drastic difference...

After the dust settles a bit, I may work something out with you for my LP...There's nothing wrong with it as-is, but there's very little difference between my LP & SG... :smiles:
Gibson, Fender, Ibanez, Jackson
Ceriatone, Marshall, EVH
TC Electronic, MXR, Yamaha

My music @ Reverbnation :minernuggs:
muttley

Post by muttley »

Minerman wrote: Sat Apr 28, 2018 5:27 pm

BTW, I'm really bonding with this "new" guitar Mutt, I had no idea your p'ups would make such a drastic difference...

Thats what its all about man.. Just call me Doctor Tone...;)

After the dust settles a bit, I may work something out with you for my LP...There's nothing wrong with it as-is, but there's very little difference between my LP & SG... :smiles:
In your own time man, keep lovin' the Strat for now..
musicturtle

Post by musicturtle »

Sorry late to the party here but the website looks great. Love the "New*Air" pickup :D
muttley

Post by muttley »

The website is now at its permanent home.

http://muttpup.co.uk

I have tested all the gateways and suck like. Next thing is to install ssl certs and do the final checks etc etc...
JD01

Post by JD01 »

Everything seems to work, mate!
muttley

Post by muttley »

JD01 wrote: Thu May 03, 2018 5:48 am Everything seems to work, mate!
:like:

Comments still welcome. I have lots more tinkering to do but its getting close.

I'm gonna be pestering you for tunes soon so get busy..;)
JD01

Post by JD01 »

Got 6 more ready to go which just need me to catch up on vocals... but I guess you'd want them without vocals anyways.
muttley

Post by muttley »

JD01 wrote: Thu May 03, 2018 6:27 am Got 6 more ready to go which just need me to catch up on vocals... but I guess you'd want them without vocals anyways.
Either or both mate, whatever you think reflects your work best.

I want to use tones on the pickup product pages and also want to have a playlist of peoples tunes if they want them there. A Link back to anything you want, soundcloud, band pages, etc ect. Maybe drive some traffic this way... Its all about tones and tunes in the end mate.. a pickup is just one important part of the process. So both would be good for me but it its about you guys too and all the help you have all given me in starting this thing going properly.
jonny deep

Post by jonny deep »

Hey Muttley. The site looks really nice and clean!

A couple of comments: the menu text could stand to be a bit bigger to be clear to more people; and the banner and menu shift to the left on the shop page - I guess because the content is wider below - are you able to keep it centred so it doesn't jump around?
JD01

Post by JD01 »

muttley wrote: Thu May 03, 2018 6:33 am
JD01 wrote: Thu May 03, 2018 6:27 am Got 6 more ready to go which just need me to catch up on vocals... but I guess you'd want them without vocals anyways.
Either or both mate, whatever you think reflects your work best.

I want to use tones on the pickup product pages and also want to have a playlist of peoples tunes if they want them there. A Link back to anything you want, soundcloud, band pages, etc ect. Maybe drive some traffic this way... Its all about tones and tunes in the end mate.. a pickup is just one important part of the process. So both would be good for me but it its about you guys too and all the help you have all given me in starting this thing going properly.
No worries, this is the latest one that I'm happy with the finished tones on. Been struggling with the vocal though. The driven guitars on this are all "Honey-badger". The clean guitars are split neck and bridge.
New Inst Mix 1 (1).mp3
I'll check through the site on mobile later to make sure it works properly.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
muttley

Post by muttley »

jonny deep wrote: Thu May 03, 2018 6:43 am Hey Muttley. The site looks really nice and clean!

A couple of comments: the menu text could stand to be a bit bigger to be clear to more people; and the banner and menu shift to the left on the shop page - I guess because the content is wider below - are you able to keep it centred so it doesn't jump around?
Cheers mate, will look into that later... :like:
muttley

Post by muttley »

JD01 wrote: Thu May 03, 2018 6:52 am
No worries, this is the latest one that I'm happy with the finished tones on. Been struggling with the vocal though. The driven guitars on this are all "Honey-badger". The clean guitars are split neck and bridge.

New Inst Mix 1 (1).mp3

That sounds really nice and well balanced. Whats you calling it? Do you have dry guitar tracks?

I can use it as is but it is good for me to post up the tone alongside the mix. No rush mate..
JD01

Post by JD01 »

muttley wrote: Thu May 03, 2018 7:18 am
JD01 wrote: Thu May 03, 2018 6:52 am

New Inst Mix 1 (1).mp3

That sounds really nice and well balanced. Whats you calling it? Do you have dry guitar tracks?

I can use it as is but it is good for me to post up the tone alongside the mix. No rush mate..
Yeah of course - I can render you out the solo tracks on the weekend or next week.
The song's called "It Isn't Easy" its about how to counter the "Gish Gallop" style of argument. Tadpui did a mix of it for me recently with my old vocal and guitar tracks on it and he really aced it. I'm trying to emulate his mix style but using tones from my new amp and pickup and re do the vocal as my singing has improved a bit.
muttley

Post by muttley »

Nice one. Let me know if you want any additional info or link back when I use it. Sounds good man...
Greg_L

Post by Greg_L »

muttley wrote: Thu May 03, 2018 5:42 am The website is now at its permanent home.

I have tested all the gateways and suck like. Next thing is to install ssl certs and do the final checks etc etc...
I agree with jonny deep about the text. Maybe make it darker or bigger. I don't have any trouble with it, but I can see how some people might struggle with it. Otherwise, looks great!
Rebel Yell
JD01

Post by JD01 »

The s of mutt pups still appears off the right of the screen on android mobile
muttley

Post by muttley »

Greg_L wrote: Thu May 03, 2018 7:35 am
muttley wrote: Thu May 03, 2018 5:42 am The website is now at its permanent home.

I agree with jonny deep about the text. Maybe make it darker or bigger. I don't have any trouble with it, but I can see how some people might struggle with it. Otherwise, looks great!
Made the menu font bigger and darkened the background. Should be clearer now...

Will look at the responsive issues later..

Thanks guys.
vomitHatSteve

Post by vomitHatSteve »

Speaking of responsive issues.

The "Shop now" button on the "hand wound custom pickups" slide is smaller than the others on any size below 1920px wide.