Hello from Queensland Australia

Every great relationship starts with an introduction. Say "Hi!" and tells us a bit about yourself. Meet your new BFFs. No oversharing, please.
Ironbarkbob

Hello from Queensland Australia

Post by Ironbarkbob »

Hello every one. Glad to be here. My name is Robert. I am a prolific singer song writer from Queensland Australia.
I use Studio One as my DAW and Band in a Box to construct my musical ideas. Ive been writing since the early eighties.
I mostly write as a hobby but now and then submit material to a popular online marketing site. My genres are Country,Country Rock, Rock n Roll,Bluegrass and basically all things Americana. I look forward to meeting and learning from you. Most of my current material can be found at the following link. Rob
My Material
Last edited by Ironbarkbob on Fri Apr 13, 2018 7:53 am, edited 1 time in total.
Greg_L

Re: Hello from Queensalnd Australia

Post by Greg_L »

Ironbarkbob wrote: Wed Apr 11, 2018 10:42 pm Hello every one. Glad to be here. My name is Robert. I am a prolific singer song writer from Queensland Australia.
I use Studio One as my DAW and Band in a Box to construct my musical ideas. Ive been writing since the early eighties.
I mostly write as a hobby but now and then submit material to a popular online marketing site. My genres are Country,Country Rock, Rock n Roll,Bluegrass and basically all things Americana. I look forward to meeting and learning from you. Most of my current material can be found at the following link. Rob
My Material
Hello Rob. Glad you found us. :coolstorybro:
Rebel Yell
TheTestingYak

Post by TheTestingYak »

Ironbarkbob wrote: Wed Apr 11, 2018 10:42 pm Hello every one. Glad to be here. My name is Robert. I am a prolific singer song writer from Queensland Australia.
My Material
oi brav.
Good Choon Brav.
WhiskeyJack
Site Admin

Post by WhiskeyJack »

My Material
Welcome aboard!!! Bob. Glad you could find your way in eventually ! Super stoked to hear some stuff and if we can help even better. really curious to hear more about the marketing thing. Might have ot have home for your wisdom in that department somewhere on this forum eventually.

Cheers buddy. :like:
:happytrees:
Ironbarkbob

Post by Ironbarkbob »

Hello WhiskeyJack. Songtradr is the name of the site. You may well have heard of heard of it.
Thank you for the warm welcome. Rob
rayc

Post by rayc »

My Material
Hello Rob,
Glad you've come to explore your rebellious side.
There are some great musicians and home recordists in this place as well as people with excellent ears who can hear and explain issues and ideas..
The Let's Have A Listen section is where we post songs that are "in the processs" for mixing suggestions and other advice.
The other section titles are pretty self explanatory. I did an brief explanation of my use of BIAB in the Digital Method section.
I look forward to hearing more of your songs.
Cheers
rayc
Bubba

Post by Bubba »

Hey, Bob! I'm a Bob but - interestingly - our Lt. Bob isn't a Bob. Whilever you're on this forum you won't be short of a Bob (or three :smiles: ).

Look forward to seeing you bobbing in regularly. :biggrin:

P.S. Had a quick listen to the first track on your soundcloud - that's a good guitar tone!
Haggard Musician :mad:
Armistice

Post by Armistice »

More bloody Australians... :mad:

:biggrin:
Lt. Bob

Post by Lt. Bob »

that's true .... although i'm a Bob I'm not actually a Bob ....... but i'm a gigging maniac .... welcome aboard
WhiskeyJack
Site Admin

Post by WhiskeyJack »

Everyone has at least one uncle Bob.
vomitHatSteve

Post by vomitHatSteve »

Armistice wrote: Thu Apr 12, 2018 9:53 am More bloody Australians... :mad:

:biggrin:
I was gonna make a snarky comment about more Commonwealth users!

Can all of these folks who peacefully separated from England really be considered rebels?

Welcome, Rob!
Bubba

Post by Bubba »

WhiskeyJack wrote: Thu Apr 12, 2018 11:59 am Everyone has at least one uncle Bob.
And we have Uncle Bob Ross on the smiley list!
Haggard Musician :mad:
WhiskeyJack
Site Admin

Post by WhiskeyJack »

Bubba wrote: Thu Apr 12, 2018 12:19 pm
WhiskeyJack wrote: Thu Apr 12, 2018 11:59 am Everyone has at least one uncle Bob.
And we have Uncle Bob Ross on the smiley list!
Lt. Bob

Post by Lt. Bob »

nice
Armistice

Post by Armistice »

Big place, Queensland Australia - whereabouts exactly?
Ironbarkbob

Post by Ironbarkbob »

Thank you all for the great welcome. I'm from a little town north of Brisbane called Murgon.
Tadpui

Post by Tadpui »

Welcome, newest Bob! Hope you get comfy and settle in with us!
rayc

Post by rayc »

Found him... nice part of the world...away from the stingers & noahs but in Dropbear territory:
murgon.jpg
Somewhere between Ute muster central, Peanut Permier's turf, white shoe central and lots of sand.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Cheers
rayc
Armistice

Post by Armistice »

Ironbarkbob wrote: Thu Apr 12, 2018 9:24 pm Thank you all for the great welcome. I'm from a little town north of Brisbane called Murgon.
Well I know I've been to Kingarory, and Goomeri and Kilkivan through to Gympie, so chances are I've passed through your town at some stage, long, long ago. Although I don't remember it! Sorry 'bout that. :wink:
musicturtle

Re: Hello from Queensland Australia

Post by musicturtle »

Welcome Bob!

I am quite new here as well, but this crowd is damned knowledgeable and helpful. Looking forward to listening to your music.