Mutt*Pups brass branding iron project.

More bark, more bite, more licks for your tone. Get your custom wound pickups from "Mutt's dog house", our resident hound and luthier extraordinaire...

Moderator: muttley

Bubba

Re: Mutt*Pups brass branding iron project.

Post by Bubba »

These little babies came today! Work can now continue. :smiles:
0.8mm milling cutters.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Haggard Musician :mad:
muttley

Post by muttley »

:like:

Them is like smaller than the ones I use for inlay.. What tip cut do they have?
rayc

Post by rayc »

Cool. Pricey?
Cheers
rayc
Bubba

Post by Bubba »

muttley wrote: Fri Apr 13, 2018 7:18 am :like:

Them is like smaller than the ones I use for inlay.. What tip cut do they have?
They were really affordable at £2.99 delivered, but they scammed me - not as described. They have drill points not end mill points and they won't cut sideways - but they did what I needed them to do. I'm going to finish off the detail and highlights with a small conical diamond burr.

Here's the first test - held on a second or two too long. The highlights need to be made a little deeper, but it's essentially there.
Brand - 1st test.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Greg_L

Post by Greg_L »

Wow that's really cool.
Rebel Yell
Lt. Bob

Post by Lt. Bob »

nice work man!
Bubba

Post by Bubba »

Lt. Bob wrote: Fri Apr 13, 2018 10:22 amnice work man!
Greg_L wrote: Fri Apr 13, 2018 10:13 am Wow that's really cool.
Thanks, guys :biggrin:

2nd test with more detail - unfortunately this was on slightly uneven, tannin-rich oak, but I'm happy with the tweaks.

Brand - 2nd test.jpg
Bubba

Post by Bubba »

I don't know why the photo has posted sideways. I've tried four times to correct it.
jonny deep

Post by jonny deep »

That 2nd one is loads better. Ace work, Bubbbubububssss
rayc

Post by rayc »

Tannin Rich Oak. Is there an Oak tea?
Excellent work Bubba - design and execution - ace.
Cheers
rayc
muttley

Post by muttley »

Oak is very high in Tannin, thats why they use it for sherry and whiskey barrels... :like:

Excellent Bubba, can't wait to try this out. I will send you the first official stamped Mutt*Pup product..
Bubba

Post by Bubba »

muttley wrote: Sat Apr 14, 2018 6:07 am
Excellent Bubba, can't wait to try this out. I will send you the first official stamped Mutt*Pup product..
rayc wrote: Fri Apr 13, 2018 8:46 pm Tannin Rich Oak. Is there an Oak tea?
Excellent work Bubba - design and execution - ace.
jonny deep wrote: Fri Apr 13, 2018 11:41 am That 2nd one is loads better. Ace work, Bubbbubububssss
Thanks again. the thing is finished, packed and ready to ship but I can't get to the post office in working hours till Friday or Saturday, now! :headwall:
muttley

Post by muttley »

:like:

No rush mate, in your own time..
Bubba

Post by Bubba »

So, I sent Mutt his brand on Saturday, via Royal Mail Tracked and signed for service, along with two pickups he sent me to try out. The package arrived ripped open in a Royal Mail plastic bag with an apology note, two pickups wrapped in bubble wrap and minus the branding iron.

As of right now, I can claim for loss, but Royal Mail are not remotely interested in trying to find it, even though they know where the packet burst and the contents were placed into the "apology" bag.

Watch this space. :mad2: :mad2: :mad2:
jonny deep

Post by jonny deep »

Bubba wrote: Tue Apr 24, 2018 5:48 am So, I sent Mutt his brand on Saturday, via Royal Mail Tracked and signed for service, along with two pickups he sent me to try out. The package arrived ripped open in a Royal Mail plastic bag with an apology note, two pickups wrapped in bubble wrap and minus the branding iron.

As of right now, I can claim for loss, but Royal Mail are not remotely interested in trying to find it, even though they know where the packet burst and the contents were placed into the "apology" bag.

Here's where you get to make up a price and charge them that.

Was it Special Delivery or just Recorded?
muttley

Post by muttley »

jonny deep wrote: Tue Apr 24, 2018 6:08 am
Bubba wrote: Tue Apr 24, 2018 5:48 am So, I sent Mutt his brand on Saturday, via Royal Mail Tracked and signed for service, along with two pickups he sent me to try out. The package arrived ripped open in a Royal Mail plastic bag with an apology note, two pickups wrapped in bubble wrap and minus the branding iron.

Here's where you get to make up a price and charge them that.

Was it Special Delivery or just Recorded?
It was signed for.. When it arrived the postie was desperately trying to gewt it through the letterbox without me catching him.. He's a decent guy and I know him well but he knew things werent as they should be...

Me and Bubba have been discussing options but it seems we have little or no option other than to suck it up..

Here is what I got.. Typically the pickups which I'd sent him just to try out had very little if any value as I can spin them up a again quite easily and they were made up with bobbins I got and didnt like anyway so wasnt going to sell them.. The brand on the other hand was unique and cost Bubba a lot of time and effort...(sorry mate). I'm pissed off... :mad:
bubbamail1.jpg
bubbamail2.jpeg
muttley

Post by muttley »

Some where out there is a Mutt*Pups first branding iron and when I'm as rich and famous as SD, China will be selling fakes with our branding iron... fuckers. Double mad.:mad: :mad:
jonny deep

Post by jonny deep »

muttley wrote: Tue Apr 24, 2018 6:32 am It was signed for.. When it arrived the postie was desperately trying to gewt it through the letterbox without me catching him.. He's a decent guy and I know him well but he knew things werent as they should be...

Me and Bubba have been discussing options but it seems we have little or no option other than to suck it up..

Here is what I got.. Typically the pickups which I'd sent him just to try out had very little if any value as I can spin them up a again quite easily and they were made up with bobbins I got and didnt like anyway so wasnt going to sell them.. The brand on the other hand was unique and cost Bubba a lot of time and effort...(sorry mate). I'm pissed off... :mad:
So you're covered up to £50. At least it might cover materials and some of Bubba's time?

It's shitty luck and I'd be kicking up a stink with them.
muttley

Post by muttley »

jonny deep wrote: Tue Apr 24, 2018 6:55 am

So you're covered up to £50. At least it might cover materials and some of Bubba's time?

It's shitty luck and I'd be kicking up a stink with them.
Yeh, as I mentioned to Bubba, I can be a bit of a dog with a bone on this sort of thing, not because it happened but because of the cavalier way they treat people when it does. I'd be out of business in a week if I was like that... I spoke to my legal guy yesterday who is also a band mate and he recons there is fuck all we can do other than play nice and hope. I guess we put it down to experience. Apparently all undelivered mail or separated items should get passed to a depot in Northern Ireland??? Trying to find out where or who to contact about it is next to impossible.

I hope bubba gets something back for his time and effort...
Greg_L

Post by Greg_L »

That is fucked up. That thing was obviously one-of-a-kind.

I'm truly bummed this happened to you guys.
Rebel Yell