Music Man Stirling Series

New Guitar Day? Obsessed with tone? 10 on the volume dial not enough? Celestion vs. Electrovoice? Cum in, feel the noize.
JD01

Re: Music Man Stirling Series

Post by JD01 »

ocnor wrote: Thu Jan 19, 2017 3:03 pm
rammer24 wrote: Thu Jan 19, 2017 11:07 am Holy crap, this is weird. I just posted and it disappeared.

Anyway, I said I have an Ibanez active bass that I love. Nothing complicated about it. 4 strings, a bunch of frets, tone and volume knobs. I record direct into my interface.
Haven't needed to change the battery in about 5 years. Just remember to not leave it plugged in when you're not playing it.
Same here. Ibanez makes some decent low budget bass guitars. They have slim necks which makes them easier for guitar players to adapt to.
Cheers, Ocnor - I'm browsing the cheap Ibanez basses now.

While I'm thinking of basses, if any of you could make a couple of suggestions for budget (not entry level but 250-250 quids worth) basses that would be appreciated. I'm just after something that plays as much like a guitar as possible and has a bright punchy bridge pickup.
JD01

Post by JD01 »

Don't worry about it guys - I've just started browsing for bases online properly for the first time and there's millions of them for the sort of money I want to pay. I won't be able to pick up the slight nuances of a one base from another in a range either so I might just buy one online.
ocnor

Post by ocnor »

The Ibanez SR300E looks pretty nice but it's slightly higher than your budget.
Another toy that helped destroy the elder race of man..forget about your silly whim it doesn't fit the plan.
JD01

Post by JD01 »

ocnor wrote: Thu Jan 19, 2017 5:58 pm The Ibanez SR300E looks pretty nice but it's slightly higher than your budget.
That's well inside my budget actually:
https://www.andertons.co.uk/p/SR300E-IP ... ron-pewter
Lt. Bob

Post by Lt. Bob »

I really think Ibanez is the way to go, as ocnor stated , if you want something that has a guitar-player-friendly neck