Miners "Ripper" Twin-Blade pup...

More bark, more bite, more licks for your tone. Get your custom wound pickups from "Mutt's dog house", our resident hound and luthier extraordinaire...

Moderator: muttley

muttley

Re: Miners "Ripper" Twin-Blade pup...

Post by muttley »

Not a problem miner... Ask all you want. We are all here to help each other..
Minerman

Post by Minerman »

Just letting you guys know I'm still alive over here...Got the p'ups installed & so far so good...I did make one wrong connection, but it only took a minute to fix...

I've been working on the guitar, cooking supper, running errands, all kinds of shit, basically I've been busy as fuck, so I'll post some pics & clips tomorrow...

I still need to adjust the p'up height & a do couple small piddly little things, but basically it's done... :smiles:

Thanks to everyone, especially Mutt... :minernuggs:
Gibson, Fender, Ibanez, Jackson
Ceriatone, Marshall, EVH
TC Electronic, MXR, Yamaha

My music @ Reverbnation :minernuggs:
Greg_L

Post by Greg_L »

Minerman wrote: Tue Apr 17, 2018 11:26 pm Just letting you guys know I'm still alive over here...Got the p'ups installed & so far so good...I did make one wrong connection, but it only took a minute to fix...

I've been working on the guitar, cooking supper, running errands, all kinds of shit, basically I've been busy as fuck, so I'll post some pics & clips tomorrow...

I still need to adjust the p'up height & a do couple small piddly little things, but basically it's done... :smiles:

Thanks to everyone, especially Mutt... :minernuggs:
How's the splits working out?
Rebel Yell
muttley

Post by muttley »

Good stuff minerdude... Cant wait to see and hear it in action.

Full report and review awaited.. :like:
Minerman

Post by Minerman »

Just letting you guys know I'm working on some clips, thought this would be cool...

[BBvideo=560,315]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GvHMhIa ... e=youtu.be[/BBvideo]

This pretty much sums up my opinion of these p'ups... :minernuggs:

Clips to come soon...
Ceriatone, Marshall, EVH

muttley

Post by muttley »

lol... incredibubble.
Greg_L

Post by Greg_L »

LOL you crazy mofo. Looks nice. Here I was thinking the railbucker was gonna go in the bridge.
Rebel Yell
muttley

Post by muttley »

Greg_L wrote: Wed Apr 18, 2018 8:10 pm ........... Here I was thinking the railbucker was gonna go in the bridge.
Thats where I got the mock up I did of the miners ripper. Its kicks the ass out of all the wimpy strat pups I've heard.... Its got some serious attitude and snarls and bites. I'm waiting for a decent small band gig where I can really put it through it's paces.. In all likelyhood I will put two more in my test bed strat for the time being..
Minerman

Post by Minerman »

Here's the link to the Tone Thread:

viewtopic.php?f=25&t=56&p=40773#p40773

Thanks Mutt, very happy with these p'ups so far... :minernuggs:
Ceriatone, Marshall, EVH

muttley

Post by muttley »

Hey, Miner. I'm not sure if you've had enough time to play around with these some more but when you do it would help me out if you could give me a little feedback.

How do you find the balance between the Ripper and the Bucker?

I went for what I reckoned would work but not having done a match between the two before I was left making an educated guess and a little tinkering at my end.

How do you find the split on them both?

There are more questions I'm sure but those would be the main ones for me right now.
Minerman

Post by Minerman »

muttley wrote: Fri Apr 20, 2018 6:58 am Hey, Miner. I'm not sure if you've had enough time to play around with these some more but when you do it would help me out if you could give me a little feedback.

How do you find the balance between the Ripper and the Bucker?

I went for what I reckoned would work but not having done a match between the two before I was left making an educated guess and a little tinkering at my end.

How do you find the split on them both?

There are more questions I'm sure but those would be the main ones for me right now.
Sorry I've been AWOL, but yesterday (4-19) made a year since I had to have my 15 year old cat put to sleep...I was kinda bummed & really didn't do much of anything at all except lay around on the couch...

Actually, both of 'em are pretty close in volume Mutt, I still need to tinker with their height a little more & make 'em better, but they're pretty close...

I think the bridge p'up when it's split is one of the best "Fender" sounding pickups I've ever heard dude...That's what I was talking about in my initial little review...I played in country/rock bar bands around here off & on for 20+ years...During all that time, I've played a bunch of Fender guitars, lots of strats, & even a few telecasters, but none of 'em had "that" sound...Your pickup had "that" sound as soon as I plugged in dude, no tweaking/twisting knobs, just split the coils & there it was...The only guitar I've ever had that was even remotely close was the USA Tele Plus II that had Fender Lace Sensor p'ups in it, & cost me around $1000 used...I put your p'ups in a MIM strat that cost me $300 new almost 10 years ago, & it's amazing...

I'd been thinking about getting a tele just for those twangy tones, but the resurrected strat seems to do pretty damn good, so I'll probably forget about a telecaster for a while...I knew the humbucking side of these p'ups would be great, but the split coil sounds have just floored me dude...

Here is my in-depth review:
Mutt P'up Strat Resurrection
Ceriatone, Marshall, EVH

muttley

Post by muttley »

Thanks man, I missed the updated post you linked to.. Pretty comprehensive so thanks for that..

Now go away and enjoy playing on em... I look forward to hearing what you get out of them.

Cheers miner you're a gent..
Minerman

Post by Minerman »

muttley wrote: Fri Apr 20, 2018 4:57 pm Thanks man, I missed the updated post you linked to.. Pretty comprehensive so thanks for that..

Now go away and enjoy playing on em... I look forward to hearing what you get out of them.

I just updated it today, & my review is long-winded, but I thought what you did with these p'ups more than deserve it...

Gonna post some more clips today & if you need any of them with details (amp/speaker/mic/etc) lemme know, be more than happy to hook you up...
Ceriatone, Marshall, EVH

muttley

Post by muttley »

Minerman wrote: Fri Apr 20, 2018 5:42 pm
muttley wrote: Fri Apr 20, 2018 4:57 pm Thanks man, I missed the updated post you linked to.. Pretty comprehensive so thanks for that..

I just updated it today, & my review is long-winded, but I thought what you did with these p'ups more than deserve it...

Gonna post some more clips today & if you need any of them with details (amp/speaker/mic/etc) lemme know, be more than happy to hook you up...
Yeh, I need em...;)
Minerman

Post by Minerman »

muttley wrote: Fri Apr 20, 2018 8:48 pm
Minerman wrote: Fri Apr 20, 2018 5:42 pm

Yeh, I need em...;)
:coolstorybro:
Ceriatone, Marshall, EVH

muttley

Post by muttley »