liv_rong's idea/tone thread

New Guitar Day? Obsessed with tone? 10 on the volume dial not enough? Celestion vs. Electrovoice? Cum in, feel the noize.
liv_rong

liv_rong's idea/tone thread

Post by liv_rong »

I post a lot of little sketches on Instagram, thought Id share some of them here as well since most of you are not on there. Im not a good player but I make due, and as you know, I love delay and reverb :guru: Kind of thought some of you may find my use of effects interesting. Here is just a couple I like from the past few months. Ill add more as they come along.

In this one I play drums along to a loud distorted guitar:

When I got my first capo a few months ago lol:

Minerman

Re: liv_rong's idea/tone thread

Post by Minerman »

Pretty cool Liv, I fx too dude, more of the 80's chorus/reverb, where you like the ambient thing...

You've been a big inspiration for me on my drum journey too dude, it's pretty cool what you're capable of using a looper...

I have a capo I use once in a while...Back in my gigging days I called it "cheating"...lol...But it does help to get a little different texture...

Cool stuff man... :minernuggs:
Gibson, Fender, Ibanez, Jackson
Ceriatone, Marshall, EVH
TC Electronic, MXR, Yamaha

My music @ Reverbnation :minernuggs:
rayc

Post by rayc »

I like the reverby stuff.
I thought InstaGram was a cocaine home delivery delivery racket.
Cheers
rayc
JD01

Post by JD01 »

You do get some great sounds out of all those pedals, Liv. I'm almost sure that I wouldn't be able to mix at all if I had that much reverb on something before it got into my DAW!
WhiskeyJack
Site Admin

Post by WhiskeyJack »

The one with the drums is cool. I enjoyed that one liv. I must have missed that one entirely on the gram feeds. So cool.
:happytrees:
Lt. Bob

Post by Lt. Bob »

I REALLY like all of this ..... that ambient thing is right down my alley!

Nice!

:like:
liv_rong

Post by liv_rong »

Thanks ya’ll!
Greg_L

Post by Greg_L »

I see most of these on the instagram. Very cool!
Rebel Yell
liv_rong

Post by liv_rong »

I decided I didnt want to taint the video thread with these little BS clips so I think Ill keep this rolling with stuff every once in a while.

Here is a very short little thing from today I came up with. No effects for once.

Minerman

Post by Minerman »

Nice Liv, you always seem to come up with really original riffs dude...

BTW, your picking hand freaks me out, I know it's just the way you play & everybody's different but it still freaks me out... :minernuggs:
Ceriatone, Marshall, EVH

liv_rong

Post by liv_rong »

Minerman wrote: Sun May 06, 2018 6:41 pm Nice Liv, you always seem to come up with really original riffs dude...

BTW, your picking hand freaks me out, I know it's just the way you play & everybody's different but it still freaks me out... :minernuggs:
Thanks man! Also lol at my picking! Jdod made a comment recently too about that. What do you guys mean exactly? I’m not a technical player or trained at all but it doesn’t seem that odd to me, but I’m kind of a hack.
Lt. Bob

Post by Lt. Bob »

well .... you move your entire forearm to move the hand up and down and that's also the movement you use to pick the strings .... you fingers don't move or flex at all and you don't twist your wrist but instead hold the hand in one position.
When I play my arm actually doesn't move very much .... the movement is all in my wrist and fingers

I don't want to call it odd but it is different than I see most people play ..... but don't analyze it yourself ...... you have a sound/style of your own .... changing anything'll screw it up and that'd be a loss ......

Really nice riffs man ....... I may steal some to play around with .... I think they'd bring out some creativity from me
Minerman

Post by Minerman »

liv_rong wrote: Sun May 06, 2018 9:01 pm Thanks man! Also lol at my picking! Jdod made a comment recently too about that. What do you guys mean exactly? I’m not a technical player or trained at all but it doesn’t seem that odd to me, but I’m kind of a hack.
Oh dude, I didn't mean anything by that, it's just different from how I play...I use my wrist/hand/fingers & rest my arm on the guitar...It's all good dude, that's just the way you play, it's your own style which I think is unique...
Ceriatone, Marshall, EVH

JD01

Post by JD01 »

That's a cool riff, Liv. Is it going to end up being a heavy thing or more of a fusion type thing?
liv_rong

Post by liv_rong »

Lt. Bob wrote: Mon May 07, 2018 12:56 am well .... you move your entire forearm to move the hand up and down and that's also the movement you use to pick the strings .... you fingers don't move or flex at all and you don't twist your wrist but instead hold the hand in one position.
When I play my arm actually doesn't move very much .... the movement is all in my wrist and fingers

I don't want to call it odd but it is different than I see most people play ..... but don't analyze it yourself ...... you have a sound/style of your own .... changing anything'll screw it up and that'd be a loss ......

Really nice riffs man ....... I may steal some to play around with .... I think they'd bring out some creativity from me
Thanks. I guess I never really paid too much attention to that stuff. I dont plan to change, change is too hard lol.

Minerman wrote: Mon May 07, 2018 2:32 am
Oh dude, I didn't mean anything by that, it's just different from how I play...I use my wrist/hand/fingers & rest my arm on the guitar...It's all good dude, that's just the way you play, it's your own style which I think is unique...
All good man, didn’t think anything of it!
JD01 wrote: Mon May 07, 2018 3:03 am That's a cool riff, Liv. Is it going to end up being a heavy thing or more of a fusion type thing?
Thanks man! Don’t know, in all honestly that will probably not turn into anything like most of my ideas lol.
liv_rong

Post by liv_rong »

A buzzed one from now. Just goofing around. I may turn this into something actually.

[BBvideo=560,315]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wZdkOGJiZvg[/BBvideo]
WhiskeyJack
Site Admin

Post by WhiskeyJack »

liv_rong wrote: Thu May 24, 2018 10:04 pm A buzzed one from now. Just goofing around. I may turn this into something actually.

[BBvideo=560,315]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wZdkOGJiZvg[/BBvideo]
That is pretty effin cool man. Who needs a band when you have a livrong. :like: :like:
:happytrees:
liv_rong

Post by liv_rong »

Lol thanks
JD01

Post by JD01 »

That cool, Liv - you should have stuck a bassline down too.
liv_rong

Post by liv_rong »

JD01 wrote: Fri May 25, 2018 6:02 pm That cool, Liv - you should have stuck a bassline down too.
I dont really know how to play bass :facepalm: :lollers2: