liv_rong's idea/tone thread

New Guitar Day? Obsessed with tone? 10 on the volume dial not enough? Celestion vs. Electrovoice? Cum in, feel the noize.
liv_rong

Re: liv_rong's idea/tone thread

Post by liv_rong »

Sloppy as all hell. But, I dig this riff, I may do something with this. Just messing around after a few drinks and dinner with the loop pedals and some riffttsssss.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/8zkw8vpwxf3co ... a.mp3?dl=0
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
WhiskeyJack
Site Admin

Post by WhiskeyJack »

Liv this sounds fantastic. Your dirty tone has really come along ways buddy!!! I really like this a lot. It might sound really badass dropped down another full step too!! (?) With a nice dirty growly bass thrown into the back to marry it up. Yessum. Beauty. Would be awesome. I think you need to tune it a bit lower.
:happytrees:
liv_rong

Post by liv_rong »

Like a half step or full? And I have some other transition ideas for this. Thanks for the compliment dude!
WhiskeyJack
Site Admin

Post by WhiskeyJack »

liv_rong wrote: Tue Nov 19, 2019 9:28 am Like a half step or full? And I have some other transition ideas for this. Thanks for the compliment dude!
You are welcome.

I don't know really. Something much lower than a standard E? The more crushing and sonically heavy would be cool as hell. The very odd time i get inspired to monkey around with heavyness i will take my standard E, drop it to D like you would for metally stuff but then tune all the rest of the strings to that D so you can play regular chrods and power chords as you normally would. I have no idea what that tuning would be if it is a half step or a full step or whatever but it can sound cool for that stuff.

Keep in my mind this suggestion is only what i would do if i were experimenting with that kind of riff. Itmight sound horrible :confused: :like:
JD01

Post by JD01 »

liv_rong wrote: Mon Nov 18, 2019 10:04 pm Sloppy as all hell. But, I dig this riff, I may do something with this. Just messing around after a few drinks and dinner with the loop pedals and some riffttsssss.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/8zkw8vpwxf3co ... a.mp3?dl=0
I agree with Shan, tune this down. If I was doing this. I'd tune the whole thing down to D and then Drop C. You'll need heavy strings for this.

Also, the three quick strums on the high chord - try picking them.
liv_rong

Post by liv_rong »

You already know the deal. I made a loop on amp and played over it, recorded it all. Then later I played drums over it.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/bf0ymrljxjaqe ... a.mp3?dl=0
liv_rong

Post by liv_rong »

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Greg_L

Post by Greg_L »

liv_rong wrote: Sun Dec 15, 2019 7:40 pm Live loop in room fun time.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/iecz8oub0jinq ... m.mp3?dl=0
Not bad. Timing goes off in spots, but pretty tidy. Turn it into something.
Rebel Yell
WhiskeyJack
Site Admin

Post by WhiskeyJack »

liv_rong wrote: Fri Dec 13, 2019 2:19 pm You already know the deal. I made a loop on amp and played over it, recorded it all. Then later I played drums over it.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/bf0ymrljxjaqe ... a.mp3?dl=0
Ohh i like this one. The big ending is pretty cool. Potential there to really make that sail out like a champion.

like greg said in the post above there are a few little timing issues here and there but given how you are doing all entirely on your own with a looper and running back and forth to your drums, i don't know that i would do it any better or half as good to be honest.

You have an interesting brain Liv. :like: :like:
liv_rong

Post by liv_rong »

Got a Strymon Flint and LOVING it!

liv_rong

Post by liv_rong »

I havent completed a song since last April, but also havent done much at all with music in general since then even just fiddling around either. More drum playing I guess.

Anyways, here is a couple recent ideas, all tuned to drop c, I used to pretty much always be drop d. All this is the usual amp blasting in the room with a guitar loop and drums over it. The last one actually has 4 parts :idea:
Lt. Bob

Post by Lt. Bob »

I like the 2nd one quite a bit ........ a 5 count .... interesting and musical

The other two are cool but i like that one a lot
liv_rong

Post by liv_rong »

Lt. Bob wrote: Wed Feb 17, 2021 11:55 pm I like the 2nd one quite a bit ........ a 5 count .... interesting and musical

The other two are cool but i like that one a lot
Thanks, man. I have been trying to come up with other parts for that because I also like it a lot.

The last one I will use too, just needs like one more part. On that one I wanted dark and had the treble on my guitar all the way down, in retrospect and void of beer that was a poor decision.
JD01

Post by JD01 »

Hey Liv, I really like number two as well. You've gotta expand on that one and flesh it out!
Where have you been for the last few months?
WhiskeyJack
Site Admin

Post by WhiskeyJack »

This one was cool. Got some dirt on it!