liv_rong's idea/tone thread

New Guitar Day? Obsessed with tone? 10 on the volume dial not enough? Celestion vs. Electrovoice? Cum in, feel the noize.
liv_rong

Re: liv_rong's idea/tone thread

Post by liv_rong »

WhiskeyJack wrote: Sun Apr 14, 2019 10:22 pm That is awesome man. how do you dream this shit up so fast all the time?
Ha! Thanks dude! This was just a little thing I came up with on my looper pedal and just decided to track it. It’s only 3 guitar parts, not really a song. I spend the majority of my guitar time just dicking around, thought I would see if I could quickly add other stuff. Maybe I’ll do more little shorts like this.
liv_rong

Post by liv_rong »

This is from like a month ago. A loop on my looper pedal then another guitar added then I went back and added drums later.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
WhiskeyJack
Site Admin

Post by WhiskeyJack »

liv_rong wrote: Sat Apr 27, 2019 3:04 pm This is from like a month ago. A loop on my looper pedal then another guitar added then I went back and added drums later.
hooboy. that swelling build up in the beginning dude.

:happytrees:
liv_rong

Post by liv_rong »

Lol that’s an awesome pic, I’m stealing it!
liv_rong

Post by liv_rong »

Man, I havent really been feeling it the past few weeks. Just not in the mood. I got a new pedal, the TC June-60 and still wasnt inspired. Kind of was messing around this evening and looped this with the the RC1 with the June60 and the ElCap then added drums live in the room and another guitar after. Was going to add bass then ran out of momentum. Fuck it. It's all fun.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
WhiskeyJack
Site Admin

Post by WhiskeyJack »

I think some of us are in that seasonal transition funk where the appeal of outdoors is all too attractive [mention]liv_rong[/mention] I know my chores have got me going outside alot lately.

This sounds really cool man. Has the liv feel for sure. What pedal are you using that makes tha droney syhthy pad feel in the back ground i hear?
liv_rong

Post by liv_rong »

WhiskeyJack wrote: Sat May 18, 2019 1:45 pm I think some of us are in that seasonal transition funk where the appeal of outdoors is all too attractive @liv_rong I know my chores have got me going outside alot lately.
Yeah, dude. That definitely has a lot to do with it.
WhiskeyJack wrote: Sat May 18, 2019 1:45 pm This sounds really cool man. Has the liv feel for sure. What pedal are you using that makes tha droney syhthy pad feel in the back ground i hear?
I was kind of buzzed when I did this, now I dont know exactly what was on the firs track. Definetely the El Capistan and June-60, listening now Im thinking its the Afterneath as well. Here is a few seconds of each track solo'd (your can her the drums on the main track because I looped it on my amp then played drums live in the room) and then both together.
liv_rong

Post by liv_rong »

After yesterdays thing idea with the new pedal I liked that line a lot so I was playing it again today and decided to loop it in the room and then play then drums over it.
WhiskeyJack
Site Admin

Post by WhiskeyJack »

I saw that instagram dude thats pretty crazy. Very cool riff too. These drums sound really good. I know you made some changes recently am i hearing them here? Your snare is sounding really good.
liv_rong

Post by liv_rong »

WhiskeyJack wrote: Sun Jun 02, 2019 8:16 pm I saw that instagram dude thats pretty crazy. Very cool riff too. These drums sound really good. I know you made some changes recently am i hearing them here? Your snare is sounding really good.
Thanks G! Yeah same drum changes but using my typical mixing procedures.

My buddy heard it and thought it was layered guitar parts haha. I like tricking ears like that though that is not at all what I’m trying to do, I’m just coming up with parts is all.
WhiskeyJack
Site Admin

Post by WhiskeyJack »

Yea thats crazy. I was going to ask you in my other post how you get it to sou d like tgat one rig but i am sure it would be a wasted effort on you part. All that ambience and sound you create with your set up is so far out of my wheelhouse. But your friend is right what ever you are doing almost sounds like you have like different signals going into the loops different amps and guitar parts. Its pretty cool dude.

Here i am up here trying to dial in o e good dirty dound and you seem to pull stuff like that out of your hat every week. So cool.
liv_rong

Post by liv_rong »

I really appreciate the words man, thank you. Thing is, I can’t seem to do classic dirt, which I’d love to be able to.
liv_rong

Post by liv_rong »

From a few weeks back. Just raw audio with a limiter on the master. Loud amp guitar loop jamming in room with drums, typical liv_rong fare. More stuff that will likely never turn into real songs. This is my life :lollers2: :facepalm:
Greg_L

Post by Greg_L »

liv_rong wrote: Mon Jul 01, 2019 8:53 pm From a few weeks back. Just raw audio with a limiter on the master. Loud amp guitar loop jamming in room with drums, typical liv_rong fare. More stuff that will likely never turn into real songs. This is my life :lollers2: :facepalm:
I like both of those. Cool tempo sync on the delay in the first one and the tone kicks ass on the second one. Well done.
Rebel Yell
liv_rong

Post by liv_rong »

Greg_L wrote: Mon Jul 01, 2019 10:05 pm
liv_rong wrote: Mon Jul 01, 2019 8:53 pm From a few weeks back. Just raw audio with a limiter on the master. Loud amp guitar loop jamming in room with drums, typical liv_rong fare. More stuff that will likely never turn into real songs. This is my life :lollers2: :facepalm:
I like both of those. Cool tempo sync on the delay in the first one and the tone kicks ass on the second one. Well done.
Thanks dude! I didn’t think the guitar tone was that great but I guess that’s why I can never get good tones 😂
Greg_L

Post by Greg_L »

liv_rong wrote: Mon Jul 01, 2019 10:07 pm
Thanks dude! I didn’t think the guitar tone was that great but I guess that’s why I can never get good tones 😂
I think the tone in that second one is really cool. That's just me though. It's got a bright rawness to it that I can roll with.
Rebel Yell
liv_rong

Post by liv_rong »

I have barely played in a while, fun to be loud again.

liv_rong

Post by liv_rong »

The usual clip, a short loop on the loop pedal playing in my amp live in the room with some drummmmmssssss
Minerman

Post by Minerman »

liv_rong wrote: Sat Oct 26, 2019 8:23 pm The usual clip, a short loop on the loop pedal playing in my amp live in the room with some drummmmmssssss
All your clips sound good Liv...I especially like the snare sound you have here...It's like guitar tone though, it ain't just the gear, the player is a big, big part of how it sounds... :coolstorybro:
Gibson, Fender, Ibanez, Jackson
Ceriatone, Marshall, EVH
TC Electronic, MXR, Yamaha

My music @ Reverbnation :minernuggs:
liv_rong

Post by liv_rong »

Thanks [mention]Minerman[/mention] !