Pickup wiring

Swapping out speakers in cab -OR- putting a hammer though your Line6 Spider? Tell us about it.
JD01

Re: Pickup wiring

Post by JD01 »

Yeah, just change a pickup. Done now. Heights adjusted, everything works. I am never going to try and work on this guitar again - I’ll take it down to Christopher if I make any more changes.

Mutt, you’re an artist. This works exactly as well wanted it too, it’s not overbearing in comparison to the split bridge pickup like the Duncan was. It’s warm as a humbucker with hi gain, is glassy and stratty when split with low gain. I’m not getting any volume dropout in the middle position when split.

Top work.
JD01

Post by JD01 »

Screenshot_20180303-163146.png
Looks nice to have matched pickups again too.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
muttley

Post by muttley »

JD01 wrote: Sat Mar 03, 2018 12:55 pm Yeah, just change a pickup. Done now. Heights adjusted, everything works. I am never going to try and work on this guitar again - I’ll take it down to Christopher if I make any more changes.

Mutt, you’re an artist. This works exactly as well wanted it too, it’s not overbearing in comparison to the split bridge pickup like the Duncan was. It’s warm as a humbucker with hi gain, is glassy and stratty when split with low gain. I’m not getting any volume dropout in the middle position when split.

Top work.
Glad you you like it mate. I take pride in my work and do my best so it's nice when it gets a thumbs up...;)

Enjoy and I look forward to the tones..
JD01

Post by JD01 »

muttley wrote: Sat Mar 03, 2018 1:41 pm
JD01 wrote: Sat Mar 03, 2018 12:55 pm Yeah, just change a pickup. Done now. Heights adjusted, everything works. I am never going to try and work on this guitar again - I’ll take it down to Christopher if I make any more changes.

Top work.
Glad you you like it mate. I take pride in my work and do my best so it's nice when it gets a thumbs up...;)

Was figuring how to do the tone examples. I might just do a video and cycle through all the options.
Greg_L

Post by Greg_L »

Awesome. I'm thinking everyone is loving their Mutt Pups.
Rebel Yell
muttley

Post by muttley »

JD01 wrote: Sat Mar 03, 2018 1:45 pm
muttley wrote: Sat Mar 03, 2018 1:41 pm

Was figuring how to do the tone examples. I might just do a video and cycle through all the options.
That would be cool... Although I also just like the straight ahead tunes you guys do. Its good to have a broad mix of styles and approaches that I can put up on my cv. Its kind of like how I became good at guitar building, people liked what I did and word spread pretty well among those that value good archtop work. The work speaks for itself. You dont need a whole bunch of social media crap just a good reliable word of mouth and a good product that people can rely on.. Thats what builds success... You're comments are as valuable to me as a million like farcebook..

I will probably soon reach out to you guys for some stuff so stay tuned and like I said enjoy. Thats worth as much to me as anything else..
Last edited by muttley on Sat Mar 03, 2018 2:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.
JD01

Post by JD01 »

muttley wrote: Sat Mar 03, 2018 2:02 pm
JD01 wrote: Sat Mar 03, 2018 1:45 pm
That would be cool... Although I also just like the straight ahead tunes you guys do. Its good to have a broad mix of styles and approaches that I can put up on my cv. Its kind of like how I became good at guitar building. The work speaks for itself. You dont need a whole bunch of social media crap just a good reliable word of mouth and a good product that people can rely on.. Thats what builds success... You are as valuable to me as a million like farcebook..

I will probably soon reach out to you guys for some stuff so stay tuned and like I said enjoy. Thats worth as much to me as anything else..
You welcome to any of the raw tracks from stuff I've done recently. I'm quite pleased with the rhythm tones in my latest tune. Have a listen and see if you want the wavs.
muttley

Post by muttley »

Will do mate... Link me, I'm cooking fired chicken and trying to get over being beaten by Swansea 4-1...;)
JD01

Post by JD01 »

Here you go. Mix 3 is about half way down the page.
All done with the bridge muttbucker
viewtopic.php?f=20&t=1459&start=20
muttley

Post by muttley »

Cheers mang, will check it out later. Now maybe we move further chat to the muttpups board. Makes it easier for me to find in future with my addled brain...:)
JD01

Post by JD01 »

muttley wrote: Sat Mar 03, 2018 2:26 pm Cheers mang, will check it out later. Now maybe we move further chat to the muttpups board. Makes it easier for me to find in future with my addled brain...:)
Yeah. When I get around to a mutt pup review bit I'll shift it all over to there.
muttley

Post by muttley »

Just gave it a listen and a comment mate. Sounds really good. I recon you are getting close to a signature sound.. Good work.
JD01

Post by JD01 »

muttley wrote: Sat Mar 03, 2018 3:02 pm I recon you are getting close to a signature sound.. Good work.
Pity really, I'm looking at changing amps in a couple of weeks.
muttley

Post by muttley »

JD01 wrote: Sat Mar 03, 2018 4:04 pm
muttley wrote: Sat Mar 03, 2018 3:02 pm I recon you are getting close to a signature sound.. Good work.
Pity really, I'm looking at changing amps in a couple of weeks.
Doesn't matter. Your gear is just a way of realising your sound. Maximizing the ease with which you can produce it. You have a sound in your head and your gear is the way you get it out... It evolves, it changes but it will still be you..