New Arrival

More bark, more bite, more licks for your tone. Get your custom wound pickups from "Mutt's dog house", our resident hound and luthier extraordinaire...

Moderator: muttley

JD01

New Arrival

Post by JD01 »

Got back into work earlier and this was on my desk:
Neck Pup.JPG
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
SweetDan

Re: New Arrival

Post by SweetDan »

Nice!
awesome youtube comment of the day
Lol it's still less satanic than whatever rituals Katie Perry and Taylor Swift do in their performances. 😂
Bubba

Post by Bubba »

Hey, JD - the spec sounds very similar to my bridge pup. Where's it going?
Haggard Musician :mad:
muttley

Post by muttley »

It was very similar to your bubba... JD's has a slightly higher output to match his MuttBucker in the bridge and has a slightly different wind pattern to tighten it up a bit. The bias is the same and the single coil sound should be more or less identical, so it will be interesting to see what variety of tones you guys can get out of them. A first real RR MuttPup road test shoot out..;)..
muttley

Post by muttley »

Oh and it was designed and wound to go in the neck and match the bridge he already has..

Looking forward to the install JD. Check to see if you can use the existing direct mount screws first.. That would be best. Not sure what size screws Ben uses but they wont be a million miles off what I screwed to the box base with..
JD01

Post by JD01 »

muttley wrote: Mon Feb 26, 2018 11:23 am Oh and it was designed and wound to go in the neck and match the bridge he already has..

Looking forward to the install JD. Check to see if you can use the existing direct mount screws first.. That would be best. Not sure what size screws Ben uses but they wont be a million miles off what I screwed to the box base with..
Cheers Mutt, I might get it installed but will be a couple of weeks before I get some proper tones down. I'm off to Bude this weekend so won't be at home with my recording gear until a week Friday.
muttley

Post by muttley »

surely you aint surfing in this weather...:)

Bude is gonna be blowing this time of year so tie your hat on...;)
JD01

Post by JD01 »

Bubba wrote: Mon Feb 26, 2018 11:13 am Hey, JD - the spec sounds very similar to my bridge pup. Where's it going?
Yeah, its a neck pickup to match my bridge pickup. My bridge pickup is 10.5k.
Originally the guitar had the JB/Jazz set.
When I replaced the JB with the Muttbucker in the bridge all of the tones greatly improved! I was well happy... but it created a slight imbalance with the Jazz in the neck position which was very dark and boomy in comparison - the Jazz and my bridge Muttbucker didn't work well as a pair. So I wanted a neck pickup to better match my bridge pickup and do what I wanted to do.
JD01

Post by JD01 »

muttley wrote: Mon Feb 26, 2018 11:30 am surely you aint surfing in this weather...:)

Bude is gonna be blowing this time of year so tie your hat on...;)
Lol, check the motto!
No one (except my wife) wears hats anymore - its all about the fur lined hoods these days!
muttley

Post by muttley »

I used to surf year round. I cant any more. I can barely get up out of a chair these days. My boys laugh at me in the water and back paddle me for fun... :redface:

Bude does get blown out easy though... Hope its good for you.
Greg_L

Post by Greg_L »

Cool man!
Rebel Yell