New Guitar Day

New Guitar Day? Obsessed with tone? 10 on the volume dial not enough? Celestion vs. Electrovoice? Cum in, feel the noize.
rayc

Re: New Guitar Day

Post by rayc »

Are you going to sell something so the flat doesn't bulge?
Oh, I've read all three pages and know the answer.
2 LPs would seem excessive I suppose.
Which store in Nth Syd?
The last Sydney store I bought anything musical from was Venue Music & they've been gone for about 8 years.
I harrassed SC Music again today. I sent 4 emails - one to the boss. Guess what? yep, I received a reply - a qualified one though as the clerk reckons he sent my original to the tech chaps & they had to send a Q to the manufacturer. Somehow I doubt the veracity of the excuse.
Cheers
rayc
Armistice

Post by Armistice »

rayc wrote: Fri Jan 20, 2017 3:55 am Are you going to sell something so the flat doesn't bulge?
Oh, I've read all three pages and know the answer.
2 LPs would seem excessive I suppose.
Which store in Nth Syd?
The last Sydney store I bought anything musical from was Venue Music & they've been gone for about 8 years.
I harrassed SC Music again today. I sent 4 emails - one to the boss. Guess what? yep, I received a reply - a qualified one though as the clerk reckons he sent my original to the tech chaps & they had to send a Q to the manufacturer. Somehow I doubt the veracity of the excuse.
Big Music at Crows Nest ray. Seemed like nice people. I have a one in, out out concept with guitars and I've sold my Ibanez, although I haven't been paid in full yet, so I still have it. That's the one out. New LP is the corresponding one in. So no hurry to sell the LP, but I probably will. Just have to work out what it's worth...
Greg_L

Post by Greg_L »

Armistice wrote: Fri Jan 20, 2017 2:31 am It came with the pickguard, but it's the old screw in jobbie, not the detachable version - not pre-installed, obviously. No poker chip, however. I was surprised at that, because it's a 25c part that some people prefer to have on their guitar for historical appearance reasons, so why not chuck it in the case?

They included a weeny thin leather strap that only an idiot would put on a relatively heavy guitar like an LP. No poker chip!
Lol. Gibson up to it's usual mind-boggling tactics.
Rebel Yell
rayc

Post by rayc »

Keeping the Burns then David. It is a unique looking thing after all.
Cheers
rayc
Armistice

Post by Armistice »

rayc wrote: Sun Jan 22, 2017 7:05 am Keeping the Burns then David. It is a unique looking thing after all.
Yep - the Burns is part of my history - would never part with it.

Selling the other LP seems to excite the crowd on the FB Les Paul group - several are going "91? Absolutely great years for Gibson, you'd be mad to sell" and others are saying exactly the opposite. Neither of which has any impact on any decision I make, just the price I'd get, I would imagine.