Rush drum geek - good drummer

Lloyd Christmas: Wanna hear the most annoying sound in the world?
rayc

Re: Rush drum geek - good drummer

Post by rayc »

Ludes (Quaalude in the US) and Mandies (Mandrax in UK, OZ etc) same depressive, hallucinogenic animal but different names across the pond and beneath the southern cross.
When I was a teen, (through the 70s), the "thing" was Black Dot. The word was that it was Strychnine but the reality was that it was a microdot of LSD - a ball shaped pill the size of a pin head. They went well with music but the effect was too intense for me to repeat. Apart from dots & weed the other things, basically prescription drugs and/or opiates, were too hard to come by & therefor too expensive for kids.
The late 70s VERY early 80s was a weird time for drugs. We'd go to the pub for a few beers and there'd be tables of people drinking orange juice or lemon squash. People didn't mix drugs in that time & space. Dope was dope & booze was booze. If anyone suggested beers to those stoned at the pub there'd be a "na man, I don't wanna mess with my stone." response and pretty much the same from the drinkers. These days - I'm an old man obviously - people wander around with a joint in one hand and a beer in the other or "goey" in their hooter and booze in their grasp.
There ya go - Rush - a gate way to drugs ladies and gentlemen. Just say no to Rush.
Cheers
rayc
ocnor

Post by ocnor »

rayc wrote: Mon Jan 30, 2017 6:47 am Ludes (Quaalude in the US) and Mandies (Mandrax in UK, OZ etc) same depressive, hallucinogenic animal but different names across the pond and beneath the southern cross.
When I was a teen, (through the 70s), the "thing" was Black Dot. The word was that it was Strychnine but the reality was that it was a microdot of LSD - a ball shaped pill the size of a pin head.
I was also a teen in the 70s. We had purple and orange micro dots, sheets of blotter LSD,Quaaludes, jugs of black beauties and yellow jackets, bricks of hash, Thai stick, peyote buttons, magic mushrooms, pounds of weed...damn I'm lucky to be alive!
Another toy that helped destroy the elder race of man..forget about your silly whim it doesn't fit the plan.
rammer24

Post by rammer24 »

ocnor wrote: Mon Jan 30, 2017 8:59 am I was also a teen in the 70s. We had purple and orange micro dots, sheets of blotter LSD,Quaaludes, jugs of black beauties and yellow jackets, bricks of hash, Thai stick, peyote buttons, magic mushrooms, pounds of weed...damn I'm lucky to be alive!
Hehe....Yes. Window pane, blotter. Haven't heard those words on a long time. Mescaline, Nepelese fingers, Kashmir, blonde Lebanese hash. :D
ocnor

Post by ocnor »

We're on the train to Bangkok
Aboard the Thailand Express
We'll hit the stops along the way
We only stop for the best
Another toy that helped destroy the elder race of man..forget about your silly whim it doesn't fit the plan.
JD01

Post by JD01 »

ocnor wrote: Mon Jan 30, 2017 8:59 am damn I'm lucky to be alive!
Sounds like you're lucky you were alive too.
Being a teen in the 90s was mainly very boozy with crap drugs.

Fortunately the new designer drugs craze didn't come around until after I grew up.
Minerman

Post by Minerman »

I was a teenager in the 80's, & we did the drinking, weed, acid, pretty much everything you guys have mentioned...The only thing I never got to try was a 'lude...In my part of the world, we're about 3 steps behind everyone else, so by the time we found out about 'em, they'd already stopped making them...

The only thing I've never done, & never will is use a needle...That got really popular around here in the early 2000's, & a lot of people died as the result, I lost quite a few friends over that shit...I did get sucked into the opiate epidemic (Oxycontin), & have been clean of those for over 10 years now, but it's been a hell of a ride for that...

I do remember my first acid trip though, I was 12...Me & a bunch of my buddies took 4 hits apiece of purple barrel, we thought since they were so small, we'd need to take a few each...That was an interesting weekend to say the least...We partied like there was no tomorrow when I was a kid though, it's a wonder I'm still here...
Gibson, Fender, Ibanez, Jackson
Ceriatone, Marshall, EVH
TC Electronic, MXR, Yamaha

My music @ Reverbnation :minernuggs:
rayc

Post by rayc »

Thai sticks were called Buddha Sticks in my neck of the woods- a big change from the days of just leaf. - I don't think people bother with leaf now. The BIG rumour at the time was that some of the sticks were laced with horse/scag/dope/heroin to get a regular client base - ie: addicts.
Cheers
rayc
RatsoRizzo

Post by RatsoRizzo »

JD01 wrote: Mon Jan 30, 2017 10:42 am Sounds like you're lucky you were alive too.
Ha! All I can say is we experienced different 90ses.
JD01

Post by JD01 »

RatsoRizzo wrote: Sun Feb 19, 2017 7:22 am
JD01 wrote: Mon Jan 30, 2017 10:42 am Sounds like you're lucky you were alive too.
Were you a teen in Scotland though?
RatsoRizzo

Post by RatsoRizzo »

JD01 wrote: Sun Feb 19, 2017 7:24 am
RatsoRizzo wrote: Sun Feb 19, 2017 7:22 am

Were you a teen in Scotland though?
Nay, I twas not! :)
Armistice

Post by Armistice »

Well you're all a bunch of old druggies aren't you? Explains a lot. :shock: :o :lol:

I seemed to miss most of the drug scene, for what reason I'm not sure. So apart from weed a few times in my twenties and cocaine once out of curiosity a few years back (I just seemed to talk more shit than normal - apart from that, no effect at all), that's pretty much my drug history.

Probably why I've got more brain cells left. :biggrin: :D