Check this old geezer out.

New Guitar Day? Obsessed with tone? 10 on the volume dial not enough? Celestion vs. Electrovoice? Cum in, feel the noize.
rammer24

Check this old geezer out.

Post by rammer24 »

He forgot to tell his fingers to grow old with him.

Name the tune for bonus points. :)

https://youtu.be/Ie8eEJopUUQ
Greg_L

Re: Check this old geezer out.

Post by Greg_L »

Goddamn. That was awesome.
Rebel Yell
rammer24

Post by rammer24 »

Seriously. I bet the guys at the store were just happy not to hear the butchered intro to "Sweet Child of Mine". :D
miroslav

Post by miroslav »

rammer24 wrote:
Name the tune for bonus points. :)
Besame Mucho
rammer24

Post by rammer24 »

miroslav wrote: Besame Mucho
You da man! :D
miroslav

Post by miroslav »

Don't ask why I would know. :D
rammer24

Post by rammer24 »

For some reason, I once had a CD with about 15 versions of Besame Mucho. Instrumentals, rock versions, Beatles, a few Spanish dudes, you name it. Got sick of that tune pretty quick.
ocnor

Post by ocnor »

I used to have a Lab Series amp just like that.
Another toy that helped destroy the elder race of man..forget about your silly whim it doesn't fit the plan.
miroslav

Post by miroslav »

rammer24 wrote:For some reason, I once had a CD with about 15 versions of Besame Mucho. Instrumentals, rock versions, Beatles, a few Spanish dudes, you name it. Got sick of that tune pretty quick.
My reason is worse...kinda.

WAY back...in order to get free rehearsal space at a church hall...we agreed to play some old-world standards for the geezers when they had dances.
It was actually a good bunch of gigs we got out of there, think "wedding band" kind of shit...I mean we got paid well for the gigs, and I had the keys to the church hall, so we could use it any time almost for band practice. We would do a set of Pop/Rock music, and then a guy with an accordion would come up and we would do a bunch of polka's and old-world folk music, including stuff like Besame Mucho, which my old man and mom liked. It was one of the songs my old man use to play on the guitar...though he would have to re-tune to a Dm...that's how he learned in the old country. He wasn't a regular guitar player...but he knew a few tunes like that. :)

So yeah...I know it well. :P
rammer24

Post by rammer24 »

miroslav wrote:My reason is worse...kinda.

WAY back...in order to get free rehearsal space at a church hall...we agreed to play some old-world standards for the geezers when they had dances.
It was actually a good bunch of gigs we got out of there, think "wedding band" kind of shit...I mean we got paid well for the gigs, and I had the keys to the church hall, so we could use it any time almost for band practice. We would do a set of Pop/Rock music, and then a guy with an accordion would come up and we would do a bunch of polka's and old-world folk music, including stuff like Besame Mucho, which my old man and mom liked. It was one of the songs my old man use to play on the guitar...though he would have to re-tune to a Dm...that's how he learned in the old country. He wasn't a regular guitar player...but he knew a few tunes like that. :)

So yeah...I know it well. :P
Oh, so when you said "Don't ask me how I know it", you meant "Ask me how I know it". :D I thought you were being rhetorical. That's a cool story. I'm sure many of us have played cornier songs than that. It's actually a cool tune. I've heard some pretty cool versions of it, though I couldn't tell you who any more.
miroslav

Post by miroslav »

rammer24 wrote: Oh, so when you said "Don't ask me how I know it", you meant "Ask me how I know it". :D I thought you were being rhetorical.
Well...when you came clean about owning a CD with that music...I figured I had to also come clean. ;)
rammer24

Post by rammer24 »

We need a "like" button. Sometimes you just want to give someone a nod that you read and dig their post without necessarilly posting "Haha! I read you post and it's cool". Nome sane?