Les Paul Jnr Build :Templates and Body Blank

New Guitar Day? Obsessed with tone? 10 on the volume dial not enough? Celestion vs. Electrovoice? Cum in, feel the noize.
Minerman

Re: Les Paul Jnr Build :Templates and Body Blank

Post by Minerman »

muttley wrote: Thu Mar 15, 2018 11:05 am
Minerman wrote: Thu Mar 15, 2018 12:20 am Wow man, I've fallen way behind on the progress of this...........
Very, very nice work Mutt!!!
lol. So have I. I'm despersately trying to get it to a position where it is off the bench so I can crack on with other stuff. I hate having stuff sitting around half done.

I'm nearly there so its good. I'm just about to sit down and try and find where I can get the molex style connectors Gibson use as I want to put them in the back as this is going to be a pup testing guitar until I decide to sell it on. I think it was you who was asking about them some time ago so if I can find them watch out.. :wink:
I'm seriously very impressed with your skills Mutt, the finish alone looks pro to me, that's not counting all the work involved making the whole shebang basically from scratch...You're a man of some serious skills...

Yeah, that was me asking about the molex connectors quite a while back, but it's all good dude...IIRC, the pics I posted are still linked to the thread, but if not gimme a holler & I can upload 'em again if need be...

Again, very impressive skills Mutt... :minernuggs:
Gibson, Fender, Ibanez, Jackson
Ceriatone, Marshall, EVH
TC Electronic, MXR, Yamaha

My music @ Reverbnation :minernuggs:
muttley

Post by muttley »

Minerman wrote: Thu Mar 15, 2018 11:33 am
muttley wrote: Thu Mar 15, 2018 11:05 am

lol. So have I. I'm despersately trying to get it to a position where it is off the bench so I can crack on with other stuff. I hate having stuff sitting around half done.

I'm nearly there so its good. I'm just about to sit down and try and find where I can get the molex style connectors Gibson use as I want to put them in the back as this is going to be a pup testing guitar until I decide to sell it on. I think it was you who was asking about them some time ago so if I can find them watch out.. :wink:
I'm seriously very impressed with your skills Mutt, the finish alone looks pro to me, that's not counting all the work involved making the whole shebang basically from scratch...You're a man of some serious skills...
Thanks, but it's what I do so it has to be perfect or I dont get paid. No one else to blame in my work, it's just me..:)
Yeah, that was me asking about the molex connectors quite a while back, but it's all good dude...IIRC, the pics I posted are still linked to the thread, but if not gimme a holler & I can upload 'em again if need be...

Again, very impressive skills Mutt... :minernuggs:
Will update when I have a handle on them.. I want to try them out on this and that would also add a string to the MuttPup bow if I can do em...
Minerman

Post by Minerman »

muttley wrote: Thu Mar 15, 2018 12:04 pm Thanks, but it's what I do so it has to be perfect or I dont get paid. No one else to blame in my work, it's just me..:)
I get it man, but I'm still impressed as hell... :minernuggs:
muttley wrote: Thu Mar 15, 2018 12:04 pmWill update when I have a handle on them.. I want to try them out on this and that would also add a string to the MuttPup bow if I can do em...
Cool man, no hurry at all, matter of fact, I've been thinking for a long time about just completely replacing/upgrading the electronics in my MIM strat, so we may try to work something out for that too...I'm not sure I'll do anything to the SG I have, but I'd like to possibly try some new/different p'ups for my LP, they both have the same thing, & they sound almost identical...

Again, no hurry man... :minernuggs:
Gibson, Fender, Ibanez, Jackson
Ceriatone, Marshall, EVH
TC Electronic, MXR, Yamaha

My music @ Reverbnation :minernuggs:
WhiskeyJack
Site Admin

Post by WhiskeyJack »

That.looks.fucking.gnarly.

I love it. I was on the fence with the lake placid blue but seeing it there like that has changed my mind. Good job guys. Mostly mutt. but all of you who have contributed.

Amazing.

Can Instagram this?
:happytrees:
muttley

Post by muttley »

WhiskeyJack wrote: Thu Mar 15, 2018 2:38 pm That.looks.fucking.gnarly.

I love it. I was on the fence with the lake placid blue but seeing it there like that has changed my mind. Good job guys. Mostly mutt. but all of you who have contributed.

Amazing.

Can Instagram this?
Go ahead and instawatever you like. Ditto farcebook and twatter... I have all the videos so far on my you tube channel if you want to spread those.
muttley

Post by muttley »

Minerman wrote: Thu Mar 15, 2018 2:19 pm
muttley wrote: Thu Mar 15, 2018 12:04 pm Thanks, but it's what I do so it has to be perfect or I dont get paid. No one else to blame in my work, it's just me..:)
I get it man, but I'm still impressed as hell... :minernuggs:
muttley wrote: Thu Mar 15, 2018 12:04 pmWill update when I have a handle on them.. I want to try them out on this and that would also add a string to the MuttPup bow if I can do em...
Cool man, no hurry at all, matter of fact, I've been thinking for a long time about just completely replacing/upgrading the electronics in my MIM strat, so we may try to work something out for that too...I'm not sure I'll do anything to the SG I have, but I'd like to possibly try some new/different p'ups for my LP, they both have the same thing, & they sound almost identical...

Again, no hurry man... :minernuggs:
Just let me know man. Its all good. In fact I havent found a Guinea pig for my single coil strat pups yet so ..... :minernuggs:
Greg_L

Post by Greg_L »

muttley wrote: Thu Mar 15, 2018 3:22 pm

Just let me know man. Its all good. In fact I havent found a Guinea pig for my single coil strat pups yet so ..... :minernuggs:
Send em my way. I have a Strat that I'd put them in.
Rebel Yell
muttley

Post by muttley »

Greg_L wrote: Thu Mar 15, 2018 3:35 pm
muttley wrote: Thu Mar 15, 2018 3:22 pm

Send em my way. I have a Strat that I'd put them in.
You hate strats... :stirthepot:
Greg_L

Post by Greg_L »

muttley wrote: Thu Mar 15, 2018 3:37 pm

Yup, I do.
Rebel Yell
muttley

Post by muttley »

Greg_L wrote: Thu Mar 15, 2018 3:38 pm
muttley wrote: Thu Mar 15, 2018 3:37 pm

Yup, I do.
Yeh, I hate kids and I got two of them...
WhiskeyJack
Site Admin

Post by WhiskeyJack »

I am going to reserve my commentary on Strats. Take from that what you may.
Greg_L

Post by Greg_L »

I might like my Strat with some better pickups. :minernuggs:

No, not really. I actually kind of like the budget mexican strat pickups that are in mine. They're not quite as Stratty as regular Strat pickups. They're less harsh and screechy. Well, the bridge pickup is anyway. It's not bad. I never use the other pickups. They might not even work.
Rebel Yell
muttley

Post by muttley »

Please dont let this epic thread go all Leo Fender on me... :mad2:
muttley

Post by muttley »

Having said that. I had a pointy Ibanez with a Floyd rose in the workshop today. It was horrid. I felt dirty until the guy collected it.
WhiskeyJack
Site Admin

Post by WhiskeyJack »

muttley wrote: Thu Mar 15, 2018 5:34 pm Having said that. I had a pointy Ibanez with a Floyd rose in the workshop today. It was horrid. I felt dirty until the guy collected it.
Did you want to shout at the devil and carve "SLAYER" into your forarms with a carving knife?
muttley

Post by muttley »

WhiskeyJack wrote: Thu Mar 15, 2018 6:26 pm
muttley wrote: Thu Mar 15, 2018 5:34 pm Having said that. I had a pointy Ibanez with a Floyd rose in the workshop today. It was horrid. I felt dirty until the guy collected it.
Did you want to shout at the devil and carve "SLAYER" into your forarms with a carving knife?
I have far better tools for self mutilation...
SweetDan

Post by SweetDan »

muttley wrote: Thu Mar 15, 2018 5:33 pm Please dont let this epic thread go all Leo Fender on me... :mad2:
Here, we're back:
muttley wrote: Thu Mar 15, 2018 5:33 pm Image
That's soooooo pretty...
awesome youtube comment of the day
Lol it's still less satanic than whatever rituals Katie Perry and Taylor Swift do in their performances. 😂
Bubba

Post by Bubba »

WhiskeyJack wrote: Thu Mar 15, 2018 5:06 pm I am going to reserve my commentary on Strats. Take from that what you may.
The Fender Stratocaster is the most popular guitar in the world, you goddamned heathen contrarians! :mad2:
Haggard Musician :mad:
WhiskeyJack
Site Admin

Post by WhiskeyJack »

Bubba wrote: Thu Mar 15, 2018 7:38 pm
WhiskeyJack wrote: Thu Mar 15, 2018 5:06 pm I am going to reserve my commentary on Strats. Take from that what you may.
The Fender Stratocaster is the most popular guitar in the world, you goddamned heathen contrarians! :mad2:
:lollers2: :lollers2: :lollers2: This may be true and all but i still think i'd sooner spend my money on something else.
Greg_L

Post by Greg_L »

Bubba wrote: Thu Mar 15, 2018 7:38 pm

I don't think that's a very convincing argument for the Strat.
Rebel Yell