The guitars you've had

New Guitar Day? Obsessed with tone? 10 on the volume dial not enough? Celestion vs. Electrovoice? Cum in, feel the noize.
JD01

Re: The guitars you've had

Post by JD01 »

Interesting cool guitars, ocnor
miroslav

Re: The guitars you've had

Post by miroslav »

Man...I don't have too may pics of the guitars I use to own...if I do, they are probably hardcopy pics, somewhere in a photo album, in some box, in some closet.... :D

...but I did have this one that a scanned awhile back...me with my very first guitar, I was about 10-11 years old I think.

It's a Kay...not sure what model, but it was a semi-hollow electric.
I do recall at some point a couple of years later where I was very pissed about having to go to my music lesson, and my old man was on my ass, because he would have to pay for it if I didn't show at the last minute...and I kinda threw the guitar into the case, and off we went.
We got to the music lesson, and I took the guitar out of the case and noticed it was way out of tune and felt funny...and that's when I saw that I had put a crack in-between the body and the neck where it was set in. :oops:
The teacher was cool...he said "I'll fix it"...and instead of a lesson, I watched him glue the crack and clamp it down. I think I went back the next day or something to pick it up.

The upside to the story...my old man wasn't all that pissed, and later on, I convinced him I needed a better guitar, but the KAY played on for a few years after the repair...sounded/played fine...and eventually I gave it away to someone (?)...though I wish I had kept it, it being my first guitar.