did someone ask for some eighties synth cheese?

Your Mom loves your mixes, but are they really up to scratch? Post your tracks here and get the community's feedback to help with the spit and polish. Impress us! We don't bite.
itsnotkcearl

Re: did someone ask for some eighties synth cheese?

Post by itsnotkcearl »

heatmiser wrote: ↑Tue Feb 21, 2017 1:47 pm Hey - Just giving this one another spin today.

Still sounds awfully good. I don't hear any timing issues with the vocoder? The whole thing sounds pretty tight to me.

I guess I can kinda hear some harshness in the bell sounds now that I've read it mentioned a few times, but not something I noticed the first time around. The whole thing is very warm and fuzzy, which is nice.
I may have fixed the timing, and the EQ on the bells after the first post. They are a bit harsh but itll likely go in my book of fixes if I ever put these on an album or something (i actually have one)
Death, War, Discipline, weekends off.
itsnotkcearl

Post by itsnotkcearl »

Lt. Bob wrote: ↑Tue Feb 21, 2017 2:31 pm sounds good to me .... I like 80's synth stuff myself ... me being all weird and everything

actually I'm not hearing any problems on my speakers .... the bass is a bit overmuch at times but that's exactly what that style calls for ..... I like the vocoder a lot.
Ive a.ways imagined you look a little like the guy in the human league :D

Thanks for listening mate
Lt. Bob

Post by Lt. Bob »

lol .... I might BE the guy in the human league ..... I just can't recall.

:D
Minerman

Post by Minerman »

Wow, this takes me back to my teenage years in the 80's...Sounds like something that'd be on MTV around '84 or so...

I can't really give any tips/pointers as this is a style of music I rarely if ever listen to, but if you were going for the 80's thing, I think you nailed it...

The vocals might need a little eq tweak to make them more upfront in the mix, but other than that I think this is pretty good...
Gibson, Fender, Ibanez, Jackson
Ceriatone, Marshall, EVH
TC Electronic, MXR, Yamaha

My music @ Reverbnation :minernuggs:
itsnotkcearl

Post by itsnotkcearl »

thx man...I think Im only going to record eighties cheese from now on....I refuse to believe its 2017!