Let It Flow

Your Mom loves your mixes, but are they really up to scratch? Post your tracks here and get the community's feedback to help with the spit and polish. Impress us! We don't bite.
Roman

Re: Let It Flow

Post by Roman »

Too late for that. He survived the HR mp3 clinic
Bubba

Post by Bubba »

Roman wrote: Sun Feb 05, 2017 6:11 pm Too late for that. He survived the HR mp3 clinic
Ah. The HR MP3 clinic massacre. Lest we forget. :cry:
Haggard Musician :mad:
rammer24

Post by rammer24 »

Here you go......

Guitar through a Bassman in the intro. Sounds thick.

[BBvideo=560,315]https://youtu.be/9x1MZEDQbtA[/BBvideo]
rammer24

Post by rammer24 »

rammer24 wrote: Sun Feb 05, 2017 6:15 pm Guitar through a Bassman in the intro.
I might be totally wrong about that. I remember someone telling me it was a Bassman years and years ago, but they could have been talking out of their ass. A quick search on the internet suggests it might have been a Hiwatt or a Marshall instead.

In other words...I have no frickin' idea.
Roman

Post by Roman »

Dude. It was a guitar through an amp farm sim. EVERYONE knows that. :D
WhiskeyJack
Site Admin

Post by WhiskeyJack »

Good one Rammer. Does bandzoogle do any kind of squashing? I don't know that i have ever noticed it with any of your other songs but some of the cymbals kind have that streaming squash sound to them a little. barely noticeable for the most part really but i hear it at the end of the song most noticably. the last few hits on the left side is what i am hearing.

Perhaps it is just the motion of the actual cymbal throwing some of the sound away from the mic? In which case i guess that's normal i need to track real drums more and i'll just stfu.
:happytrees:
WhiskeyJack
Site Admin

Post by WhiskeyJack »

rammer24 wrote: Sun Feb 05, 2017 6:15 pm Here you go......

Guitar through a Bassman in the intro. Sounds thick.

[BBvideo=560,315]https://youtu.be/9x1MZEDQbtA[/BBvideo]
I would do some some rather unmentionable things to have that hiwatt. Shit. I know this tune. had no idea who the fuck it was. today i learned.
:happytrees:
rammer24

Post by rammer24 »

OK, it's not that important and I know a few of you have listened and commented on this more than once. So, feel free to ignore it. But just for the sake of trying to get to the bottom of it, here's the 320kps MP3 file. Same file I uplooaded to Bandzoogle. This way, we'll hopefully figure out if the cymbal/hat issue is a product of the Bandzoogle or a phasing issue with my overheads.
Let It Flow.mp3
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
stratmonkee

Post by stratmonkee »

Ahhh....Rami, another of my favs....dude , as tight as ever....intro kinda reminded me of Grand Funk..Im getting closer to home...Im your captain, or something like that...dig the verses alot...your playing is great as I remember, too me, you have such classic vibes like Beatles/Badfinger/ Alice Cooper, yet have a modern edge...inspiring .
rammer24

Post by rammer24 »

Thanx man! Who is this? Queepy?
rammer24

Post by rammer24 »

stratmonkee wrote: Wed Feb 15, 2017 7:09 pm intro kinda reminded me of Grand Funk..Im getting closer to home...Im your captain,
I'm guessing you're talking about the verse melody? Shit, you're right. It's almost exactly the same as the outro/tag in "I'm Your Captain". Fuck. Not deliberate. Oh well. Let them come get me. :D
stratmonkee

Post by stratmonkee »

rammer24 wrote: Wed Feb 15, 2017 8:57 pm
stratmonkee wrote: Wed Feb 15, 2017 7:09 pm intro kinda reminded me of Grand Funk..Im getting closer to home...Im your captain,
I'm guessing you're talking about the verse melody? Shit, you're right. It's almost exactly the same as the outro/tag in "I'm Your Captain". Fuck. Not deliberate. Oh well. Let them come get me. :D
Ha , it happens man, my band is all jacked about a new one we wrote and recorded...listened in the car and thought it sounded great, then turned on the radio and the 80s tune Ill stop the world and melt with you came on, and the whole verse /chorus we agonized over for days is almost exactly the same as that.... :lollers2: ah well....we will just play it faster now I guess..
Your tune rocks man, I dig it!!
rammer24

Post by rammer24 »

It's good to see you, man. I've always liked you. I'm glad you're here.

Good to hear you have a new band together. Good luck, brother. 🎵🎤🔊
stratmonkee

Post by stratmonkee »

rammer24 wrote: Thu Feb 16, 2017 9:09 pm It's good to see you, man. I've always liked you. I'm glad you're here.

Good to hear you have a new band together. Good luck, brother. 🎵🎤🔊
Thanks man, you as well, look forward to hearing your stuff, always excellent and inspires me to try harder on my own recordings....
miroslav

Post by miroslav »

Don't take this the wrong way...but I rarely listen to your songs critically...I just listen to hear what new tune you've done. :)

I say that because you never disappoint, and I would have to get tweezers to really pick on anything. :P
It's usually taste differences...rarely "issues" of any kind.

Oh...I like the tune, well constructed songwriting-wise. :coolstorybro:
rammer24

Post by rammer24 »

Thanx a lot Miro. I read this post yesterday and I could have sworn I responded, but I guess not. Thanx dude. :cool:
ido1957

Post by ido1957 »

Ok - so listening to the MP3
- the cymbals sound a bit compressed, kinda muddy? The snare is a bit more "clean" - that's the only relative point I have to work with.
- in the first verse the backups seem to pop out a hair when they come in. The later verses they are perfect.
- I would like see whether you could clone the effects on the vocals (the echo - ey part) but take it way back where the drier part is so it's like almost there, just to see if it would take away that difference I was referring to. Just a thought.
- Rest sounds good.

Did you sing a lot of live harmonies? Frig you have excellent arrangements, performance is top notch so it just shines.
People want something for nothing, they want it right now. Either they can't tell quality or don't care but feel it is important that everyone agrees with them.
JD01

Post by JD01 »

rammer24 wrote: Sun Feb 05, 2017 10:05 pm OK, it's not that important and I know a few of you have listened and commented on this more than once. So, feel free to ignore it. But just for the sake of trying to get to the bottom of it, here's the 320kps MP3 file. Same file I uplooaded to Bandzoogle. This way, we'll hopefully figure out if the cymbal/hat issue is a product of the Bandzoogle or a phasing issue with my overheads.

Let It Flow.mp3
The phasey "soundcloud swishy cymbals artifact" is definitely better on the MP3. Was listening to them both and swapping between each one
rammer24

Post by rammer24 »

ido1957 wrote: Sun Feb 19, 2017 12:07 am Did you sing a lot of live harmonies? Frig you have excellent arrangements, performance is top notch so it just shines.
Thanx Ido. I used to sing basic harmonies live. I've just never found arranging harmonies that hard. You take the chords being played and you sing the individual notes, really.
rammer24

Post by rammer24 »

JD01 wrote: Sun Feb 19, 2017 5:36 am The phasey "soundcloud swishy cymbals artifact" is definitely better on the MP3. Was listening to them both and swapping between each one
Cool, that's good to know. I'll keep an ear out for that next time I post something from my site's player.