Softtube Saturation Knob

General recording topics.
JD01

Softtube Saturation Knob

Post by JD01 »

I had this on my old machine.
I seem to remember it a) being fairly good, but b) being a pain in the arse to install 'cos it comes with loads of other junk.
Does anyone know of anywhere you can get it as a standalone item and just download and install it?
Bubba

Re: Softtube Saturation Knob

Post by Bubba »

JD01 wrote: Fri Feb 22, 2019 5:43 am I had this on my old machine.
I seem to remember it a) being fairly good, but b) being a pain in the arse to install 'cos it comes with loads of other junk.
Does anyone know of anywhere you can get it as a standalone item and just download and install it?
I don't, but I think you can get rid of Gobbler once you've installed it. Have you been back to the Softube site and tried to log in to your account? Might be easier second time around.
Haggard Musician :mad:
musicturtle

Post by musicturtle »

You do not have to download Gobbler, you do have to have an a Softube and iLok account though.

I am assuming you have these since you get their Time and Tone Bundle with Focusrite.

If you go to the Download page on Softube.com scroll down and there is a section titled..."Don't want to use Gobbler App?"
JD01

Post by JD01 »

musicturtle wrote: Fri Feb 22, 2019 11:34 am
You do not have to download Gobbler, you do have to have an a Softube and iLok account though.

I am assuming you have these since you get their Time and Tone Bundle with Focusrite.

If you go to the Download page on Softube.com scroll down and there is a section titled..."Don't want to use Gobbler App?"
Ah, cheers - I'll have a look around.
Just reminded me actually - I don't look on the Focusrite site often enough for new stuff.

As an aside - I found out that the Camel Crusher is no longer available. Hopefully it'll stay working for a while longer!
musicturtle

Post by musicturtle »

JD01 wrote: Fri Feb 22, 2019 11:50 am
Just reminded me actually - I don't look on the Focusrite site often enough for new stuff.

As an aside - I found out that the Camel Crusher is no longer available. Hopefully it'll stay working for a while longer!
Cool, I really like Softube's Drawmer compressor and reverb they give you with Focusrite interfaces.
JD01

Post by JD01 »

musicturtle wrote: Fri Feb 22, 2019 12:05 pm
JD01 wrote: Fri Feb 22, 2019 11:50 am

Cool, I really like Softube's Drawmer compressor and reverb they give you with Focusrite interfaces.
I've always got on well with the Focusrite "RED 3" compressor. Again, I'm sure a lot of these VST compressors are very similar if not, the same. I just find that Red 3 has a very simple to use interface.

For vocals though, I just want something that adds a touch of saturation (warmth) to vocal tracks. I currently use the Camel Crusher but it appears that its days are numbered.